main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    So with Filoni directing and this being about mandos what's the over under of Saben Wren played by real elenor showing up

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Who?

3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's a reference to Tiya Sircar by way of The Good Place. If Filoni was writing too, perhaps, but not if he's just directing Favreau's script. Probably a few references in background props and things, though.

4. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Never seen it, but I would love to see Tiya as live action Sabine!

Filoni's not just directing, he's also an executive producer, and he's involved enough that he's making concept drawings:

[​IMG]

DarthJaceus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm sure Filoni will have his fingerprints on it, but EP really means nothing. Abrams for example has a stack of things he's EP for that he's had absolutely no involvement in, including The Last Jedi but also shows like Castle Rock, 11/22/63, and Westworld.

In the realm of TV specifically (and relevant to this show) I believe there are DGA regulations that mean the director of a pilot episode can get an EP credit for the rest of the series.

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Filoni given his position in Lucasfilm though seems like he's one of those guys who probably if not directly has his fingers on everything at least knows what's going on beyond just the individual director or author they hire.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    *Sabine shows up at clan meeting with a Filoni wolf*

Pedro Pascal Mandalore: There's clan Wren, from the northern part of the sector. They say you can always expect the Winds of Winter on Krownest.

Unlike say, Earth.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    you direct or write the pilot episode = executive producer on every single episode. But Filoni doesn't seem to be done in one on Mandalorian, I think he's going to direct 2 eps. And pilot episode direction is huge. Abrams directed the Lost pilot and as wide and crazy as that show got, stylistically it all still sorta looks like JJ Abrams directed it. Filoni puts his stamp on this, everyone gotta follow

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Re: Sabine, there's that funny MSW report that her helmet's being used in that weird "real-time motion capture" tech they're using on the show. Which, you know, could be a placeholder design or whatever. If she's in it, though, it's a kind of oddly timed casual spoiler about the resolution of the dangling plot threads from Rebels... "Oh hey guys, just got back from the Unknown Regions, that was pretty chill, nothing much going on there. What's up here?"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Do we know when she left though? That could have been a year or two after this series' first season.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah there's no set date when Ahoska and Sabine left for the unknown regions. So she could be a full on secondary character in Mandalorian and still say "Well, there's this THING I have to leave for.... eventually. More adventures first, though!"

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hmm good question, well at least enough time has passed for Lothal to turn into the emerald city from the wizard of Oz

13. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    My mistake -- I misremembered there being a confirmation that Sabine and Ahsoka departed prior the the Battle of Jakku.

14. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I thought it was, like, shortly after Endor?

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It's not clear from Sabine's end dialogue from Rebels. She mentions "after the war" is when Zeb went back to his planet, but after that she then talks about Hera being in the Battle of Endor, and then talks about how "one day" she realized she needed to go look for Ezra. So it doesn't seem like her end narration is in linear order when she talks about who ended up doing what. It might even be before the Battle of Endor when she and Ahsoka left.

16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I recall Leland or Matt suggesting it was 4/5 ABY on Twitter, and Women of the Galaxy at least confirms that epilogue scene is "five years" after World Between Worlds (so 4 ABY).

Daneira likes this.
  17. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    The Fast & Furious movies managed to squeeze three whole movies into the gap between 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift. Just have every episode end with someone asking her when she's headed to Tokyo... err, wherever.

BigAl6ft6, WMIRTUTSF and vncredleader like this.
  18. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Oooo awesome. The next Ramin Djawadi.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  20. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Nick Nolte as an Ugnaught. Huh.

Have we ever seen them speak Basic? Not that they can't, it's just an odd choice to take a species that typically doesn't speak Basic and use that for the character of not just an English speaking actor, but one with some degree of gravitas... with so many other options available. Still, sounds kind of cool. I guess if Hype Faizon can be the new face of Rodians, Nolte McUgnaught can do the same for those guys!

21. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    As far as canon is concerned, Korin Pers from Soule's Lando miniseries speaks Basic.

DelRiego likes this.
  22. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Merry Christmas everyone! I suggest you all head over to Jon Favreau's Instagram for a surprise.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

Maybe there's a chance he'll redeem himself yet in this canon. It's not just that he keeps getting his butt kicked, but all he does is stand around... oh wait no, that's Durge. All IG-88 does in the new EU is be that one-off baddie in the FoD series (several times now) and doesn't do anything memorable. I feel like when I was a kid I had nightmares about that SotE Ord Mantell level for years. IG was not someone to mess around with lightly.

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I really feel like the big dividing line on IG-88 as a character is whether your formative experience with him was the SotE game or "Therefore I Am".

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've heard rumors from the grape vine that apparently there are going to be scenes involving some sort of Droid-Centric Gang