main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is not the thread for it, and I just put a very firm underline against that point earlier. Let's stay on topic. If you want to talk about Rey, you can dig up the old TFA thread from wherever it is.

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Thank you

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Gonna be used to sell the service? A sure bet.

4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I thought Tibbetts meant that Seth Macfarlane would have a parody version of the show debut at the same time.

Frick, now I actually think that that's going to happen.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  5. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I was to understand there would be 2019 Star Wars TV show talk in this thread. It is bad enough there's no punch and pie.

Darth_Duck and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  6. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I’m talking about the film industry in general.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok so I've been thinking:

There's a good chance the TV show could be based between ROTJ-TFA, and Johnson's trilogy isn't. My reasoning here is Leia. They gotta fill the big obvious ROTJ-TFA gap. But if Johnson does it, people are going to want to see the Big Three on the Big Screen. Yes, you can avoid it, but it's going to be hard because politically they were such a big deal, especially Leia. A TV show would be easier to swing without the Big Three popping up in some major way. Especially if it's Firefly-esque and you get Harrison Ford or even Billy Dee Williams dropping in for an episode.

I mean sure yeah I could be wrong, but if I had to place bets, that's my best guess. Unless Johnson's doing an Unknown Regions trilogy starring Thrawn and Eli Vanto. Wow that could almost be like Star Trek Next Generation. Hmmm.

8. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    If they're doing the ROTJ-TFA gap, the Big Three will definitely get recast. They're too old for anything other than the last few years pre-TFA, I'd imagine the super fancy de-ageing CGI is too expensive for TV, and honestly I can't see Ford coming back for anything.

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The only "film" characters I can see appearing in live action are C-3PO, R2D2 and Darth Vader (depending on when it's set) other than them I can only imagine minor background characters like Boba Fett or Mon Mothma- expecting Harrison Ford to make a guest appearance is like expecting Tony Stark to show up in Agents of SHIELD

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Coulson can come back in a TV show... then so can Han!

Although having the film characters not care about it would be a bit trickier than in Coulson's case

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I doubt McDiarmid would be above the occasional guest appearance. He does TV over here and, indeed, will be starring in the (McCallum produced!) BRITANNIA that's airing sometime in 2018.

Though I believe his character is a King standing against Rome so I have no idea what Jello is going to do.

jSarek, SilentGuy66, cthugha and 2 others like this.
  12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I don't think telling people they're a lost cause on this stuff is the best way to go about it. Letting people know such opinions aren't welcome is perfectly fine (and encouraged), surely there's the chance they'll change their views? Giving up on changing and improving doesn't help anyone.

Well at least we'd be getting one good new show ;)

Which is why, imo, if they want the Big3 on tv, it'd be in an animated form and not live-action. So I'm doubting this show will feature them

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, so this show is supposed to premiere in 2019.

The Star Wars expansions at Disney, Galaxy's Edge, are also supposed to open in 2019.

That's when and where I want the show to take place now. With Hondo Ohnaka as the main character.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    1. Please remind me when this show airs so I can track it down and watch it.

2. Come on, you know exactly what I'm going to do.

jSarek and Ulicus like this.
  16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Vthuil, CooperTFN, jSarek and 7 others like this.
  17. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    The chances of this being in the post-ROTJ is actually decreasing my interest in it. Underworld or bust! :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If we ever will get a series between RoTJ and TFA, animation would be better if the big 3 show up.

I suspect live action will be set somewhere in the dark times period.

kalzeth and Ghost like this.
  19. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    The fact people aren't excited about post RoTJ content is exactly why we need it.

20. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    A sound financial analysis. ;)

SpecForce Trooper and cthugha like this.
  21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    We'll get our fill of post-ROTJ content. Doesn't seem all the far off now.

My best guess is Johnson created an elaborate backstory regarding Jedi lore that he got excited about and pitched. I think others have mentioned the same guess.

This kind of thing is common for a writer developing story background.

A lot of freedom to explore and run with just about anything. If they go that route, I just hope you can tell it's ancient times.

I have no idea what the show will be. Not even a guess.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah, I think it might be safe to say Rian's story will be in the distant past to connect with ideas in the upcoming film, which the trailers hinted at.

I wish the show could be a true anthology, with different eras per season.

23. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm excited but as always skeptical

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think seeing as this could possibly be the first of many live action star wars shows (taken from the marvel blueprint) I see Disney starting simple with the EP III-IV time period that way you have all the things casual television audiences will be familiar with- the empire, stormtroopers, star destroyers, Darth Vader etc

Tzizvvt78 and spicer like this.
  25. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Plus, they could save some money on pre-production, since Underworld had five years of that already.

kalzeth likes this.