main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    For all we know the Mando is Fett and those "flashbacks" are a red herring (or Fett absorbed the original droid hating Mandalorian's memories while in the sarlacc)

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    More or less. Nice catch.

kalzeth and Nom von Anor like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I can make it work! ;)

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Update

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    (All this week in my brain)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BE BOBA FETT. [face_praying]

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    You’re thinking that and I’m over here thinking how great it would be to hear Temuera Morrison say “The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible.” as Boba Fett in a live action TV Star Wars TV show

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Temuera Morrison would only work if Boba Fett never took off his helmet. Otherwise, he's too old and it'd have to be Daniel Logan.

JediBatman and Sturm Antilles like this.
  8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Given the commitment to keeping helmets on so far, I'd say it's a safe bet we won't see Boba Fett do it.

9. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, maybe, maybe not. Boba's not a "real Mandalorian", after all. They might do it just so he can be played by Temuera. They could also CGI de-age him.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Technically, it should probably be Bodie Taylor at this age range, shouldn't it?

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  11. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Thus far Boba Fett has showed more commitment to keeping his helmet on then any single person we know that lived on Mandalore.

12. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Boba would be approximately 38/39. Daniel Logan is 32 and Bodie Taylor is 43. Too bad neither of them really look like Temuera as they've gotten older.

This is what Bodie looks like these days:

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Huh, TIL that wasn't Temuera Morrison in the clone cafeteria. Seems a little silly to hire another actor for a 2 second shot rather than using a little makeup.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    You'd need to put Temura in "youngening makeup" for the cafeteria shots. It's not easy to make a 40-odd year old look convincingly like a 20-odd year old. It is much easier to age somebody up with makeup, than to make them look much younger.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not really, he played 20-something Cody in the next film no problem.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cody would probably have been in his 30's by ROTS. A little easier to pull off/fudge. So, I guess Boba should look like Tem at this point.

17. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Circa 15 years ago, yes.

18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Temuera Morrison would have been great as a 60+ year old Boba Fett in league with the First Order and leading Mandalorians against the Republic. Too bad they didn't go that route with the Sequel Trilogy.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that clones are supposed to age at twice human rate, and given that the army was ordered "almost ten years ago" and given that 3 years pass, Cody should be chronologically 13 at most, and biologically, about 26.

20. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe The Sarlacc messed him up pretty bad, it’s why he looks older than he actually is.

of course, Boba is the original Mr “this is my face.” So regardless of his Mandalorianness he doesn’t really need to take the bucket off.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes- I meant "look like Tem (like he did in the prequels)" since those are the approx. ages being compared.

Sifo Dyas was killed "almost ten years ago". He ordered the clones before that, so there's room to fudge a couple years if need be.

22. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Speaking as somebody who's JC icon is Holiday Special Boba Fett, I'm totally over him for right now. I'm extremely glad that the New Canon has been reserving him for a special occasion. It would be nice to somehow recapture the mystery and coolness of the character as he existed prior to seeing his origins, as well as how (most of) the EU mishandled him through the 90s and 2000s. I could probably list off on one hand how many comics and novels did him the justice as to how he appears in The Empire Strikes Back. Hell, not even Return of the Jedi got him right, and I love that movie.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fett didn't really appear in all that much, when you think about it. Mostly the comics. He had two good short stories in the anthology novels. Dark Empire I, Twin Engines of Destruction, Enemy of the Empire and RPG supplement short entries. I can't speak for the Bounty Hunter Wars but everything else was just the occasional comic one-shot, for the most part, and occasional video game boss fight. Shadows of the Empire is probably the only other major appearance that went for more than an issue or two.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    His best appearances, IMO, were in "Twin Engines of Destruction" (probably his best), and the various John Wagner/Cam Kennedy one-shots from 1995-97. "The Last One Standing" was okay, but his character still seemed...off.

Speaking of "Twin Engines"...I would love to see a New Canon return of Jodo Kast. Let the fanboys get all worked up in assuming it's Fett, and then pull the rug out and watch them complain.

kalzeth likes this.
  25. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    All it would have taken was a nondescript looking Temuera Morrison in Maz Kanata's castle calling the First Order on Han once he sees him in TFA instead of that generic bounty hunter woman, whatever her name was. It would have gone right over the heads of the casual audience, but the fans would have gone wild.