main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    There, I fixed it for you. :D

kalzeth and my kind of scum like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    But then the viewer would expect him to play a larger role in the film afterwards, otherwise you'd get small galaxy syndrome. Probably better to just leave it as a FO spy network vs Resistance droid spy network moment and move on.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They can get around the age thing by having Fett be deeply scarred in the face, as a result of the Sarlacc. Having anyone but Morrison playing him would be silly and a colossal shame, IMO.

my kind of scum likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Why don't they get that nice young man who played Aquaman's father? :p

Both Morrison and Logan have said they want to play the part, and I can see Disney managing to bring them both back, albeit not at once. Morrison can definitely still play him, especially with his helmet on the whole time (but even not, they can find a way to swing it). But if they're going for the long haul and planning for future Fett-focused projects for years to come, they'll need to eventually transition into Logan as the actor.

Mia Mesharad and JediBatman like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It comes down to the setting, i think. If they do Underworld-era intertrilogy era, they could use Logan and just say Boba aged differently than the Bodie troopers. If it's ST-era, then Tem could come back into play.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Temuera should play live action Captain Rex.

7. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    I really think Star Wars has outgrown Boba Fett in terms of needing him as a titular, popular secondary character.

In Boba Fett's heyday, Star Wars was very contained - from his first appearances in the early 80s even through his role in the prequel trilogy.

Presently, we have so much lore (even with the canon reboot) involving tons of bounty hunters and nefarious and mysterious characters in the galaxy.

These forums constantly harp on moving the Star Wars story FORWARD. I feel like bringing back Boba (from the dead no less), prevents that from having.

But then again, I never really was huge on Boba even back in the day.

8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    We seemingly needed Maul to come back at a time when there were more red lightsaber wielding characters around then ever before.

blackmyron and kalzeth like this.
  9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't think it was so much a result of fandom "needing" Maul as George had lasting regrets about killing off the character and decided to undo it.

10. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I didn't know I needed Maul to come back, but once he did I realized there was an absence in my soul that was no longer empty. I blame Sam Witwer.

11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    TPM Maul was more of a plot device. TCW Maul had motivations, plans, and was a complex character. Sam, Filoni, George and the rest did a great job with Maul in TCW.

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Meanwhile, Peter Serafinowicz weeps quietly in the corner.

Ulicus , Daneira and Fin McCool like this.
  13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    At least he's still in TPM. That's more than Jason Wingreen, Clive Revill, and Marjorie Eaton can say about their SW film roles, although fans of the original editions and the references to their work in various "Making of" guides will endure.

14. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Maul is that rare character that was underutilized at the beginning of his existence and overutilized towards the end.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    From Indiewire: Pedro Pascal Is the Mandalorian, but That’s Not Him Starring in Every Episode

'Pedro Pascal receives top billing on “The Mandalorian” for playing the title character, but it turns out that’s not actually Pascal underneath the helmet and armor in every episode of the buzzy Disney+ “Star Wars” series. In fact, at least one episode of “The Mandalorian” did not feature Pascal in any capacity. Bryce Dallas Howard tells Vulture that Pascal was absent from the fourth episode, “Sanctuary,” which she directed. Pascal did not act in the episode because he was starring on Broadway in “King Lear.”

So who is the real Mandalorian? The creation of the character was a joint effort among Pascal and doubles Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder. Howard worked closely with Wayne when she was helming her episode. Wayne happens to the grandson of legendary Western star John Wayne. “He absolutely just brought everything to that character,” Howard told Vulture about working with Wayne. “We were able to find the moments and figure them out together.”

Even when Pascal is not performing as the Mandalorian on set, he is always voicing the Mandalorian in episodes. Wayne says the two men saw each other “frequently” on set and collaborated to ensure the Mandalorian’s movements would be seamless between the two of them.

“[Pascal] would ask me, and I would ask him the same question, which is, ‘Why did you move like this during that moment?’” Wayne said. “We would go back and forth. The great thing about him is he’s not impressed with himself. He’s just an actor. And I mean that in the good way, not the bad way. He likes to learn and he likes to collaborate and he’s very good at it.”

Howard calls the Mandalorian that “Star Wars” fans are seeing on screen a “real collaboration” between the different actors. New episodes of “The Mandalorian” debut Fridays on Disney+. Head over to Vulture to read more about the doubles working on the show.'

BigAl6ft6 and Sturm Antilles like this.
  16. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I would assume for the intense fight scenes, like the fight against the mudhorn for the egg, that a stunt person and not Pedro was in the Mandalorian suit.

Jedi Ben and JediBatman like this.
  18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    All this talk of Boba Fett is going to seem awfully silly when it isn’t him.

This is the same as when folks were sure the IG droid was IG-88 and when folks thought Moralo Eval was frozen in carbonite.

I don’t see this show really dealing with any iconic characters anytime soon. In fact I’ll be disappointed if they do.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, this looks like an awfully desperate clickbait article.

Daneira likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    To be fair, we saw that one and it at least looked exactly like IG-88. We haven't seen anything of The Stranger other than their boots, and then circumstantial evidence has fueled the Boba speculation. So yes, that could be wildly off base, but you know the old saying about ducks (not the Kenobi one).

21. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Come on, we all know the stranger who approached Fennec Shand at the end was Snoke.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  22. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    He can weep all he wants. If you read/see any interview with him, that dude is a major [insert in-universe Star Wars insult here] about his brief time working on Star Wars. It's no loss that he's gone, and that we have talented people that are not only good, but care about it on a deep level, like Sam Witwer.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    sidv88 likes this.
  23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Awww come on guys. Of course we knew there were stuntmen. But we didn't know that Pedro wasn't in Episode 4 at all beyond voice work, or that one of his stuntmen was John fricking Wayne's grandson. Sure, some of it was worded kinda clickbaity, but it wasn't that bad.

Darth_Duck and sidv88 like this.
  24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Meh John Wayne wasn't that great a person tbh. An on the record white supremacist who despite all the Tough guy roles he played, used his influence to avoid serving in WW2, despite more famous actors at the time who did serve. It's also why he and the director John Ford fell out at the time. Ford actively called him out on it.

25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sir this is a Wendy's

JediBatman likes this.