main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2019.

1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Question about the Mandalorians, if the Empire killed almost all Mandalorians, how come that Boba Fett accepted to work for Vader?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Boba Fett and Jango Fett are not Mandalorian they just pretend to be.

3. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
  4. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    So I’m sort of a soft-hearted ninny when it comes to certain things and there is a little thing that bothered me about the end of the season. Mando/Din sought out Kuiil’s help and Kuiil came as a matter of principle against the Empire and being anti-slavery as a former slave himself. He brought his three Blurrgs and his rehabilitated IG-11 robot as we all know. Now that they are all dead I feel pretty crappy in the sense that Kuiil worked a lifetime for his freedom, but a life on his little moisture farm, and not only did he die but the very things that might have continued on his legacy, in spirit, are also gone. It just seems like the devastation of a life and everything he had worked for.

I know, this is silly, but things like this kind of bum me out. Still, I realized also that BY needs a name and IMHO he should be named Kuiil after the Ugnaught who literally gave everything to save his life. I think that would be touching.

This is part of the ongoing issue with Lucas changing this around so much over the years. Originally Fett was the “last of the Mandalorians” and had the Mythosaur on his left pauldron. When more footage of Fett was added in the ‘90s some of the footage, and maybe all, had an exact replica of the Fett suit sans Mythosaur symbol on his pauldron. A clear sign that Lucas had changed his mind but hadnt gone back and edited the original footage.

So you’ve got a lot of people, probably most, who go by canon and/or what Lucas said last and in that regard Jedi Knight Fett is absolutely correct. Then you have a school that argues that the Fetts not being included among the Mandalorians was a political move by the pacifists, or something like that, to distance themselves from aggressive and Mandalorians by arguing that they aren’t, in fact Mandalorians, when they are. And there’s are probably other interpretations as well.

Anyway, depending on how you interpret this history would depend on whether this behavior was incongruous. Also, I think the attack on Mandalore was supposed to have occurred at the very end of the Empire. By then Jango was long dead and Boba worked for Jabba, not the Empire. So there may not be a paradox in any event. But I could have the dating wrong on this last point.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the attack took place soon after we last see Mandalore in Rebels so around the same time the Death Star blows up

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
  6. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    I’m only minimally familiar with Rebels so maybe the following is a stupid question, but are you talking about the first Death Star, not the second?

I’ve really gotta watch more of Rebels.... I’ve only seen about 3 episodes.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep the first. The show ends a few months before ANH and there a things that would lead to the purge in the show

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    So Iv seen all of the Mandalorian S1 and while it's not bad and I don't hate it, its really simplistic and basically a Live action cartoon.

The idea they've never heard of the Force or the Jedi is hard to believe but I guess the plot needs it to be like that so it is. Otherwise they simply fly to Courscant and contact Luke Skywalker and we don't get a show[face_dunno]
    Also Why was Gus Frain wasted until the very end ???

The problem with the show is a Long term Filoni problem that while Filoni gets the action, he never got the emotion of Starwars. Like with TCW it was Ahsoka beating bad guys left and right or in Rebels where they ride around on Giant Space Dogs (which he thought was cool) but the emotion of Anakin and Ahsoka together or Vader with part of his mask off and her saying she won't leave him, not bad guys dying by the 100 cause it looks cool.

Jedi Knight Fett and aewhistory like this.
  9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    How is Fett getting work from the Empire if the Empire is actively killing Mandalorians and he is pretending to be one?

fett 4 likes this.
  10. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Because Vader knows he is an unaltered clone of his father, who in turn is the blueprint for the clone troopers and as such, a highly competent individual who above all else wants to see all the Jedi dead. This is something that works in favor of Vader and the Empire's plan. Or they just don't care because he is a good bounty hunter.

11. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Why do you think he is trying to pretend at all then if you think no one he works with buys it or cares? Isn't it more believable that he just wears the armor and that's it? I haven't heard Boba Fett insist he is Mandalorian in canon yet. And he chooses to work with plenty people that already know what he looks like under the mask.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Jabberwock2137 likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Kuiil’s decision to rehabilitate IG-11 and take him on the mission to protect Baby Yoda was the reason Baby Yoda and the entire crew survived. His sacrifice, his life and his legacy were not in vain at all. His compassion has preserved the life of an incredibly special child.

Jabberwock2137 likes this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Overall, I give the entire season a solid 8 out of 10. A couple of wobbles here and there, but on the whole superb. Chapters 2, 6, 7 and 8, for me, saved it from a 7 out of 10.

14. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I haven't seen TCW or Rebels, but Jango leaving The Way (by choice or force) and being freelance and Boba follows his footsteps makes sense.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was never a Mandalorian he didn’t leave he didn’t join. He just never was one.

16. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Just a fan of the armor and martial abilities?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe. All we know is that he isn’t Mandalorian but he somehow got Mandalorian armor probably becuase it is the best armor in the galaxy.

Ricardo Funes and DurararaFTW like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And chapter 3. But if half of the episodes are responsible for your higher score, that’s not really a “save.” One episode can “save” but 50% of them? I think your 8/10 is just merited by the whole show. ;)

Anyway, 9/10 for me. Some Howard and Filoni wobbles are what keep it from a 10/10. Better than I could possibly have expected.

19. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    It seems I didn't quite answer that correctly. I don't mean he's pretending, but that he's a known bounty hunter who happens to be Jango's son, wearing his father's armor. This is known by Vader, that he's A) not a true Mandalorian, and B) that he's super useful.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  20. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    And so it begins. The Saga movies end and the negativity is moved onto the Mandalorian. To be expected I suppose. Then it’ll be The Clone Wars.

21. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    1: 9/10, 2: 9/10, 3: 9/10, 4: 8/10, 5: 7/10, 6: 8/10, 7: 9/10, 8: 9/10, all round I'd give it about an 8.5/10.

22. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels' hidden fort.

Admiral Motti.

23. Trinu 3.0

Trinu 3.0 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2017
    And yet Lucas went on to show how the Jedi were literally everywhere 30 years before. How did they suddenly become this ancient myth in three decades? skksksk

24. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    Silly Lucas :(

I rather take the original SW as headcanon and the show molds nicely with it.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looks like the Jedi in the PT and TCW mostly interacted with elite Separatist forces. And the grunts they encountered mostly...died. :)

It also seems clear that the Republic didn't really advertise to the galaxy that their generals were sorcerers. And when you consider how massive this galaxy is, and how many inhabitants there are throughout it? Makes a ton of sense that only the most informed people are aware of the Jedi and the force. Like the Mando armorer.