main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Imagine how good the prequels could have looked with this technology. Wow.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    LEE'S HULK IS NOT A PART OF THE MCU GODDAMMIT! I'VE TOLD YOU THIS BEFORE DON'T MAKE ME TELL YOU AGAIN!

:p

Joystick Chevron and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't get angry, Chiz.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You won't like me when I'm angry! :p

Sarge likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It should be. ;)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No. I’ll leave it at that before I go on a total rant on why it’s absolute trash. :p

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Making me wanna give that movie another shot.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

*Screams louder* IT SHOULD BE! NYAAAHHH! :D

Bana rocks it, actually does a deep-dive into the Bruce stuff unlike Norton & Ruffalo's takes. Connelly's a million times a more three-dimensional Betty than Tyler, and I kinda like Tyler. Ross is an actual human being with and understandable approach & motivations, unlike Hurt's straight-up cartoon-military-guy schtick.

Elfman score! Awesome visuals! It's actually out in the desert & on military bases like any solo Hulk movie should be! There's scale & scope to it! Funky weird comic-transitions/editing (anyone with a problem with this is cast out to Hades).

Nick frickin' Nolte as a crazy hobo! What's not to like?

Chris Nolan Batman is "psychological"? Hold my beer, amateur's, Lee's in the house. TDK comes off like an episode of Barney compared to Hulk '03.

God-holy-monkey-zepellin-pilots do I love that movie. Never got the hate whatsoever, all my buddies loathed it seeing it back in '03 too. But they liked Ghost Rider & X-Men 3, they can all go to hell. :p

And Lee for show-runner for The Mandalorian Season 2. Faveau, I love ya bud, but you're out all the same! *Slams the door dramatically*

But yeah, pre-MCU Marvel flicks were the boom-diggity as the cool kids say (or don't). X2, Hulk '03, Raimi Spideymanz, good times. Get offa my lawn ya damn kids.

EDIT: Ranting's fun.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  10. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    [face_devil] :cool: [face_pig]

*Dances an insane-person jig*

[​IMG]

Judge Judy-Doody can go to hell!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Truth. Better than any other MCU movie. And I say "other" because not only should it be in the MCU, I consider it as part of the MCU. And I have added @Darth Chiznuk 's name to a petition that calls on Marvel to make it so.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So like season one was really good. Remember that one episode where stuff happened? Yep, I enjoyed that.

eko32eko7, BRE, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    I didn't like it when the stuff happened. Completely ruined the flow of the narrative.

No more stuff, course-correction is necessary.

Darthur C. Clarke, BRE and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I wanted to watch the opening scene of the finale and wound up watching the whole thing. It’s just masterful. Think I’ll watch 6 and 2 before long. The season is the best SW content Disney has produced hands down, and I say that as a massive fan of R1 and to a lesser extent Solo / ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    what stuff happened been a while since watched it. so what stuff happens?

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So many things.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    We need news for the new season.

I blame Bor.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Some baby did a magic hand thing.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. J.A. Morris

J.A. Morris Jedi Master

May 6, 2005
    One of my favorite things about this series is it shows how popular culture pings back and forth all over the world.
    Akira Kurosawa was inspired by American cowboy movies, especially John Ford.
    Lucas was inspired by the films of Kurosawa.
    American cowboy movies were influenced by Kurosawa.
    The Magnificent Seven is a remake of The Seven Samurai.
    The Spaghetti Western For A Few Dollars More is a remake of Yojimbo.
    Now we get The Mandalorian, a Spaghetti Western set in the Star Wars Universe!
    (with a little of Lone Wolf And Cub influence thrown in too)

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I've coined the term "Zen Space Punk" to describe the show.

And that says pretty much everything I have to say about it. Zen, space and punk are three of my favorite things. But I never knew they could work so well together.

J.A. Morris likes this.
  22. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Thoughts on Season 1 6 months later (I haven't rewatched so may be a little fuzzy) - on the whole it showed a lot of promise without being the finished product. The core duo is brilliant, and genuinely unique in contemporary TV. At its best, it is stylistically some of the best Star Wars since Empire. However, there were (in my view) about 3 genuinely sub-par episodes which made it far from perfect.

I think it would benefit from having some more genuine prestige TV talent involved. Something about Filoni using it as live-action training wheels doesn't quite sit right with me. Deborah Chow was the only director who has really made a career out of premium TV (though Waititi/Favreau have greater-than-zero experience in TV).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Avnar likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree on Filoni (would’ve only given him one of the episodes to start getting his footing), but in addition to Chow and Waititi, Famuyiwa did phenomenal work with episodes 2 and 6, and had some critically strong films in his background already. It was a really good crew of directors, in general. It’s just that Filoni and Howard are still trying to find their directorial voices, IMO.

24. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    The Emmy Awards nominations have been announced and The Mandalorian Season 1 received 15 nominations including for Outstanding Drama Series.

I'm so proud of the Lucasfilm team and this is history made for the first ever live action Star Wars TV series to he received well both critically and by the audience. This sets a high bar for future series and I hope that they continue to set the bar even higher in the world of TV.

25. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    A well-deserved nomination! Does it deserve to WIN? No, but when taking all the aspects of TV production into account, The Mandalorian is absolutely a top-notch show. I'm laughing at the so-called "fans" who are grumbling about this, especially when very weak Season 3s of Stranger Things and Killing Eve were nominated alongside it.

If anything, the show got snubbed in a category or two - how does Deborah Chow not get nominated for either of her dazzling episodes? Work like that elevates TV directing to film-level prestige.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Riv_Shiel likes this.