main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Nothing concrete, lots of wiggle room to be sure.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    So the rumour about the length of this episode was correct, at about 45 minutes.

The same source says the next one will be a shorter episode, maybe a small adventure, or the final setup for the last 2 episodes of the season.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If this season is like last the last two episodes will be basically a two parter

RetropME and Ricardo Funes like this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I think Robert Rodriguez is up next week, which should be very exciting to see. Really loved what he delivered with Alita: Battle Angel last year and wouldn't be opposed to seeing him do an episode here filled with more scum and bounty hunters.

RetropME likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I thinkk next episode is another pick stop adventure and next two episodes are about Gidoen, Din and Grogu to Tython and everytihng in between. Bo-Katan might come back same with Cobb Vanth and Boba Fett, Thrawn tease maybe.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was under the impression that Famuyiwa would be directing two episodes this season. I hope so, as I still think he’s the best director of the bunch, and would like to see his take on finale (or finale-adjacent) material.

7. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Famuyiwa's episode is second to last this season. Which means Robert Rodriguez is most likely next week. If I had to guess Favreau would be the director with two episodes, since it is his show and he was unable to direct a single one at all in season one.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Looks like Famuyiwa wrote the penultimate episode for season 2, so he's at least directing that one, I assume. Though I'd love for him to take the finale too. Favreau's good, but I think Famuyiwa is next-level. Plus, I don't think Favreau is going to direct more than one. It's his show, but I believe he enjoys show-running and putting forward other directors.

9. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    So I assumed from the get go that we would see Ahsoka for one or two episodes at most, seems I was right I think. She is moving on to do her own thing. Or do you guys think she will actually make a come back this series/season?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We will see her again in one episode next season.

11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I have my doubts any of them will be back in the next 3 episodes. Alot of what we see felt like backdoor pilots. Even Bo-katan i think felt like backdoor pilot.

12. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I think she will return, but probably not in this season.
    If Thrawn appears (and I bet he will) she will be hard on his heels. (And besides, she's too much of a favorite to the fans just to participate in one episode). Besides someone has to take on the training of little Grogu and I bet that it won't be Ezra even if he turns up. He's too young still to have a Padawan. Nor do I believe that Luke will appear as Luke will be at "young Mark Hamill's age at this point in the series. They can't get anyone who has good enough resemblance to portray Luke again in almost the same time period as ANH.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah Bo-Katan is heavily involved in taking down Gideon witch the show is about.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Different motivations. Bo wants the dark saber. Mando is protecting the child. Bo is seeking, Mando is running.

What makes it feel like a backdoor pilot is the same thing that was so obviously about the Ahsoka one feeling like one. when you get the reference to Bo wanting the dark saber its only mentioned once and not to Mando himself because its not his business. which validates it was her own personal mission. giving off backdoor pilot vibes. same with ahsoka and looking for Thrawn, none of this is mentioned to Mando because its not his business. and it disconnects him from them in not telling him this stuff

15. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I wonder how they did get up with that name of poor little Baby Yoda. I certainly didn't expect them to name him "Yoda-Two" but I had expected something that resembled the sounds in "Yoda" or "Yaddle". I will have a hard time getting used to his real name.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka felt like a pilot but Bo felt like a future storyline. and it's acalled the mandalorian so of course she'll be back.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    And Bo's group are the Nite Owls. Trade mark.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    sure but i don't think the'll have two mandalorian sereis, why not just have Din join bo in reclaiming the darksaber and liberate mandalore. Faveru even said they would go for a more GOT storytelling feel moving forwards.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I actually really wouldn’t mind next week’s episode being a side quest directed by Robert Rodriguez.

if the last two episodes are like season 1 with a Gideon focus, maybe next week will be Boba Fett being picked up by Bossk and Dengar trying to get his armor back?

Just realized the Last Jedi connection in Baby Yoda meditating at the top of a Jedi Temple and touching other force users: that’s what Luke did to jostle Leia out of her coma. The Jedi insignia on the ground lights up. Also would be the same spot where he force projected from.

Makes a better case for Luke to make a surprise appearance here in my opinion

EDIT: sorry for double post, thought that was another thread [face_beatup] FTFY -TtJ

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2020
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Grogu does his meditate TLJ thing and touch Luke Ezra, Cal and others.

21. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    No, you won't. I still vividly remember hearing the word "Padawan," back in 1999 and thinking that was the dumbest sounding word I'd ever heard in my life, and now it's practically part of the national lexicon. People adapt quickly.

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I feel like the adjustment to "Grogu" for people is coming less from the fact that that's his name and more from the fact that, after 13 chapters, he now finally has a name.

Took 8 chapters for Din, 13 for Grogu... Chapter 22 will finally give Frog Lady a name!

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe we shouldn't try to tell people how quickly they should adapt to change. It can take a while for some people to get used to a new name.

24. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I didn't tell tell anyone anything, I made an anecdotal statement. It's the revelation of a name, not the death of a loved one, there's hardly anything to adapt to. People will still probably call him baby Yoda, anyway.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You did though that's the thing. And like I said, it isn't your place to tell people how to feel about things or how they should react to Baby Yoda's name being Grogu.