main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Guess there's some daylight there, yeah, we don't have anything to say they didn't quietly venture on back.

Kinda never read it that way personally though, seems they intentionally hightailed it somewhere they couldn't be touched, and didn't dare venture back until they'd consolidated and trained and worked out a game plan.

2. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    There's a theme across all SW stories of kids being separated from their families to train to become something else. I wonder, really, if we'll see Yoda's "race". Maybe just The Child's family. Maybe not even that. We don't even know the circumstances under which The Child was taken in the first place. With Yaddle, Yoda, and this Child, it appears the whole species is force-strong, not just sensitive. I'd think the whole species dispersed given the nature of their two biggest (that we know of) "celebrities."

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012

I've seen what you are talking about. It is concept art from last Jedi (the Jedi temple on Ach-To concept that never made it into the film). Someone took it as inspiration and made fan art of Mando and the Child visiting it.

4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Well looks like Iden may be in this after all :p

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe Baby Yoda's homeplanet is in the Unknown Regions and while Mando is trying to get him there he runs into Sloane and the First Order.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible that Iden Versio May appear next season as when asked on Twitter the actress said “ask Dave Filoni”

7. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Yoda's from Exogol. *Brain melts*

8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I really hope so. I would love to see this cross-over because I really enjoyed the Inferno Squad novel and the scenes I've seen in the Battlefront 2 video game.

I love how she lives by a strong moral code and ended up abandoning the Imperial side after she saw it would stop at no length in burning the galaxy down after the "death" of Palpatine; particularly when her father orders the destruction of their home planet.

I see her as a very strong character who would really fit into what The Mandalorian is all about.

I hope its true.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was not prepared for how good the Inferno Squad book was. I was honestly expecting junk, based on the cover (heh), but it was surprisingly excellent.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  11. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    The same here, I really enjoyed it too.

And speaking of Iden's character which I loved very much, in some ways, she reminds me of The Mandalorian - in that she, like him, was commited to a certain way of life until some circumstances caused her to alter her viewpoints and adopt a different way to how she had been living her life.

Despite originally being Imperial and would have killed Rebel people, like The Mandalorian, she lives by a very strong set of rules and values and doesn't compromise them for anything; not even for her own father.

So given this similarity to The Mandalorian in some ways, I would love to see Iden and her other half in The Mandalorian as one of his allies along the way; even if its for an episode or two. I think she would fit right in with the stories they are telling.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    About Iden

I'd imagine at this point in the story, she's a Rebel now, correct? It's something they touched on briefly in the second part of the BF2 story. If she's in it, I wonder if her daughter Zay might play a more central role. From what I remember, her story was kind of left up in the air by the time the credits rolled in the game.

13. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    I believe so in that Iden's character arc fits in with her being "good" by this stage.

The Battlefront 2 video game ties in with Operation Cinder - which occurs not long after Palpatine's death. At some point in Operation Cinder, old man Versio targets the Versio's home planet and this is the moment where Iden turns on her father and rejects the Empire. Im pretty sure Operation Cinder will happen before the events in The Mandalorian.

Including Iden may also set up a great side story conflict between her and Cara Dune; where maybe The Mandalorian gets drawn into it too. This would be particularly the case if Iden's special forces Inferno Squad outfit killed some of Cara's shocktrooper unit.

By now, Iden would be good and potentially trying to help them escape Imperial clutches. But if Iden has killed some of Cara's fellow shocktroopers, how does she react to this ex-Imperial. Does she repress the raw emotions of their deaths to aid The Mandalorian and his journey to see the Yodaling home. Or does she express these emotions in confrontation with Iden and The Mandalorian has to step in as the peacemaker. Does this then strain Cara's relationship with The Mandalorian; her friend.

So many palatable story arcs and interactions with the inclusion of Iden. And I would love to see Zay to.

I so hope its true.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Zay would be to young to be born yet.

15. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Hype will be real so much when SWCC comes around

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's hard for me to imagine who in the cast could carry their own TV show besides Baby Yoda getting a kids' show or some movie special. If one of these covers an origin story like with Cara it would be better to bake that into the main show.

19. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I could see a baby yoda animated show for little kids being produced. maybe for Disney Junior. Disney will milk that machine for merch.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Iger said in the future, the Mandalorian show could be infused with “more” characters, and that those characters might go in different directions (such as have their own series). That sounds to me like he’s talking about characters not introduced yet, and not existing characters like Cara and Greef.

21. Darth suffario

Darth suffario Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2020
    ok I have a theory that when yoda died he was so strong with the force that he was reborn into a baby yoda and since the mandolorian is after the empire it makes sense

22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope so because Gina, bless her heart, is not a great actor.

RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    If they are planning to branch off from the Mandalorian then they need a lot more substance to the series. Season 1 was brilliant, but was a very small, isolated story. they have to go much bigger going forwards. That could mean Mandalore, interaction with the Jedi (and maybe Luke), elements of the New Republic, Snoke, Knights of Ren.....

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sure. I don’t think Iger was hinting at spinoffs any time soon. Maybe after three or four seasons.

25. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I don't like hearing about spinoffs so soon. The show to date hasn't shown that kind of worldbuilding scope, or even the desire to - it's very tightly focused on a character journey. Is this someone trying to cash in on an unexpected gold mine or is this actually part of Favreau's original vision? I'd feel better about this if we were hearing this from Favreau or Filoni - or better yet, after the show has introduced actual side characters that feel worthy of their own arcs.