main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think january with Andor in march.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    With Bad Batch coming in December I predict Mando will launch around February and Bad Batch will come around April with Andor coming out later that year maybe around September or October

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When was it confirmed that Bad Batch would come out in December?

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Bad batch comes out between march - may.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    SYYYICKKK!

Sounds like you missed the dialogue. Subtitles can be extremely helpful. Luke in the ST can’t be bothered to help anyone during planetary genocide on a scale that hadn’t been seen since the Empire 1.0. In this finale, he gets a Force call from some random Force user on a distant planet and he comes to his aid IMMEDIATEY. So incorrect, his actions here absolutely juxtapose his actions in TLJ, in that Luke is actually proactive here. Period. Secondly, Luke tells Mando he will protect the kid with his life. A kid he doesn’t know and hasn’t met up to this point. This absolutely speaks volumes about Luke as a character. This one single line says more about who Luke is as a character than the entire 2 hours plus of his representation, or lack there of, in The Last Jedi. He also tells Mando that the kid MUST be trained to survive. This also juxtaposes his mentality and ideology within The Last Jedi. Luke believes in the Jedi, despite their old dogmatic ways, and he believes in training and it’s purpose within the parameters of the Force. Not the case in TLJ. Quite the opposite actually. Luke also tells Mando that the kid wants Din’s permission to leave his side and go with Luke. It turns out Luke was right as Grogu does decide to go with Luke. This shows that Luke is perceptive as ****. He’s not out of touch with reality and understands the situation that he has so eloquently ;) waltzed into. And last but not least, R2D2 trails right behind him. He’s not left for dust in some Rebel base to become rusted and forgotten. He’s with his best friend, the Jedi.

It honestly sounds to me that you lack an understanding of what characterization is. Because despite Luke’s lines of dialogue being limited here, there is a metric **** ton of it in this scene. Favreau was as open as one can be in regards to how he perceives the character of Luke Skywalker.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Obironsolo likes this.
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The show really is modeled after a game

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what Favreau seemed to be implying.

DurararaFTW and TadoFett like this.
  9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The book of Boba Fett so close to Mando is such a counter-intuitive choice. Still, it actually makes me kind of optimistic, because it they put them so close it might mean that the two shows are actually more different than what we could expect. It would be absurd otherwise.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Book of Boba Fett is gonna be some Mad Max/ Star Wars mashup bounty hunter insanity with Bossk and Cad Bane and all kinds of wacky and wild underworld competition. It’ll be nothing like the Mandalorian, I think.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It will be more like what we thought the Mandalorian would be than it actually is. Most of us thought the Mandalorian would be a bounty hunter show. It was that for 1 episode

12. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Upon my latest rewatch, the CGI Luke isn't as bad as I initially thought.

It actually looks pretty good when he's not speaking - it's the lack of facial movement when he speaks that's distracting. There are all sorts of little muscles that twitch/flex when we talk - eyebrows, cheeks, nostrils - and I guess those are much harder to simulate.

Seeing as how they already removed Jeans Guy, I wouldn't mind a retouched CGI Luke in the future. It would make an instant classic scene even better.

El_Machete12, Sproj, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian season two will be a special only. Not multiple episodes.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I hope all of them together plus boba fett turn Mofun Gideon over to the new republic personally. Gideon is too dangerous to be dropped off by one person in a shuttle. They would be be way to vulnerable alone if the empire tries something.

dick rodgers and TadoFett like this.
  15. Whistling Birb

Whistling Birb Jedi Knight

Dec 8, 2020
    Kind of like how the S2 soundtrack was just volume 1 & 2, unlike the chapter by chapter release of S1. There's a lot of cool tracks missing, really unfortunate.

16. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    They're certainly contrasting characters and I expect the show will reflect this. Some contrasts of "creed" might appear too, although an emphasis on that might be dropped for BOB. Nevertheless, Boba's version of "how you make your way in the galaxy" will be interesting to see.

godisawesome and TadoFett like this.
  18. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Loved the Gallery for this season. Thought it was great. Loved Dave and John joking around about Maclunky.

19. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I wish we could see the behind the scenes of Luke but I understand they had to keep him top secret.

CampOfSorgan, RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  20. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Despite being two different shows, I feel that the reason why we will get The Book Of Boba first and then the 3rd Season of The Mandalorian straight after is because whatever will be in the "Boba Show" will tie directly into Din's characterization heading into Season 3.

No doubt we will get Boba's backstory in how he escaped the Sarlacc and hopefully it shows how he becomes separated from his armour and him watching Cobb Vanth. But after this (which may take an episode or 2), I can see them reaching the same point of Boba on Jabba's / Bib's throne and the remaining stories will be from that point on. And I feel these are the stories that will directly impact Din's characterization at the beginning of Season 3.

And speaking of Season 3, I feel that Grogu will make a "return" early on in the Season. To me, these two are the new "Han and Chewbacca" of Star Wars - but this will only form part of the reason why Grogu is back so quickly.

Mostly, I feel Luke will not establish his "Jedi School" with Grogu and will simply train him to maximise his capabilities in being able to defend himself. Where as Ahsoka refuses to train Grogu because of "attachment", I believe that Luke is completely accepting of such a thing and has a different viewpoint. Because where Anakin is concerned, not even Yoda or Obi-Wan could see that slither of light left (yet Luke could) and I don't think they truly grasped as to why Anakin went to the dark in the first place. I think they look at it from their perspectives and didn't try to place themselves in Anakin's shoes in trying to understand.

But I feel that Luke has a much clearer perspective of why Anakin chose a certain path and I think that once Luke has trained Grogu enough, he will be returned to Din as to minimise any "dark" feelings Grogu has in being separated from Din.

Sproj, TadoFett and Zoe Con like this.
  21. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    How long is the episode?

22. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    65 minutes

TadoFett and Serpico Jones like this.
  23. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3