main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Dave was always great at drawing

TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  3. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    It brings a smile to my face seeing George again.

4. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I’d like to see them shed some of this because although lots of stories are game like, mostly because games are everywhere now and games are modeled to replicate what we love about stories, I just feel that you can only get away with it being video game esque for so long before people begin to kinda check out as it feels artifice. It’s worked for the most part up to this point, but it can very swiftly become a gimmick and a crutch, a narrative device. I don’t look back on the OT films and think oh yeah, it was one big video game. The OT was extremely cinematic. It’s worked up to this point but my hope is with Mandalore being the center of the story going forward that we have much less fetch quest episodes and more long form story development.
    Well put. Which is why his actions against his nephew in that abomination of a movie make less and less sense as time goes on. You basically have to ignore Luke’s characterization up to that point in order for it to make any sense at all. Hamill really wasn’t off when he said it was like playing a completely different character. He literally couldn’t bring any Luke to the role because he honestly wasn’t playing Luke. Really a strange position to be in as an actor I’d imagine.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    mtt02263, Generational Fan and Sproj like this.
  5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    So Dave's "approval stamp" has changed from "Plo Kool" to Bo-Katan now? Just trying to keep up here.

TadoFett likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Man, Rosario Dawson has got to be one of the most attractive people in show business. And I’m not just talking about looks, in case that’s not clear. Everything about her is great. Her energy, her acting, her genuine interest. What a perfect person to play this role.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Saw her in The Rundown, forgetting MB2 which was out before. She is building up quite the resume doing 3 to 4 films a year.

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    At 4.02 into that Ahsoka Tano Behind The Scenes;

Dave Filoni "I don't like bringing a character back unless there's some value in it....."

Not fan service - its "interconnectivity".

Ahsoka holds value in what has happened previously in the story regarding attachment / Jedi's / Jedi's Training / etc and she imparts that wisdom and interconnectivity in this story arc involving Din and Grogu. There is a reason why she features in that Chapter of The Mandalorian and it holds "value" as to her past experiences and what she says.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Loved the season 2 final - aka chapter 16.
    How about the parallels between season 1’s flash backs to din as a child and the super battle droids and don having to protect Grogu from the dark troopers.

TadoFett and Sproj like this.
  11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I know I might get ripped for this but anyone else find it strange that Kathleen Kennedy did not appear anywhere in the latest Disney Gallery? She wasn’t even mentioned.

dick rodgers likes this.
  12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know I might get ripped for this but anyone else find it strange that Ludwig Göransson did not appear anywhere in the latest Disney Gallery? He wasn’t even mentioned.

Must be on the outs with Disney.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I'd say that it's not exactly a good sign for KK if she appears to have the same significance as Ludwig Goransson, but then I remembered that LG is probably dozens of times more important to the Mandalorian's success.

dick rodgers likes this.
  14. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    She could’ve had a 10 second part and the same people would’ve posted “don’t you think it’s weird...”.

No we don’t. She’s busy running all of LFL. She doesn’t need to make an appearance in everything for PR purposes.

The exact same people were asking the same question after months of “radio silence” after Solo like that was some big hint that she was on the outs with Disney.

It’s so tiring. Can’t we just have nice things without the usual conspiracy theories? For once?

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she's in one pic of episode.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know I might get ripped for this but anyone else find it strange that Bob Iger did not appear anywhere in the latest Disney Gallery? He wasn’t even mentioned.

17. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    No.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah, she here to stay or at least her legacy.

TadoFett likes this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yes @AndrewPascoe your instincts were right.

I don't think it means anything. In or out in the future...KK may have been busy with other people setting up those 10 or 11 SW shows we heard about as well as whatever else she's involved in. I expect she had a holiday too at some point this year.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  20. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    she doesn’t have a whole lot to do, if anything, with the Mandalorian.
    Wait Iger is the President of Lucasfilm???

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Kathleen Kennedy is Executive Producer of the Mandalorian, and she hired Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to make it. I’d say she has a whole heck of a lot to do with it. Where is your evidence that she may have nothing to do with it? A couple citations from legitimate sources, maybe?

22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Not the same and you know it.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes it is the same. She aint going.

24. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Why was there nothing on Luke’s cameo in that behind the scenes feature? Very dissappointed.

mtt02263 and dick rodgers like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Many of your posts have a pattern: unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. Cassian Andor show being cancelled, Kennedy on the outs, ad infinitum. All based on dubious sources and dubious speculation, and likely driven by your desire for the things you report on to be true. It's deliberate misinformation, and you know it.
    Spoiler Control.