main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This show might be Iron man of character arcs in star wars tv with more and more characters getting brought in with some old legacy characters and have big events together.

2. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    First, the Child is 50 years old, meaning he was born about the time of the events of Phantom Menace.
    By the show's timeline, Yoda was dead for just 5/6 years ( just before the Battle of Endor).
    So The Child was already born when Yoda died.
    Seconly, never forget we saw Yoda's Force Ghost in TLJ.

wobbits likes this.
  3. Darth suffario

Darth suffario Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2020
  4. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    No, Phantom Menace was about 40 years ago. The Child is about as old as Anakin would've been.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  5. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Vader & The Child force-choke-off, sometime pre-RotJ.

I smell an anthology film. :p

6. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I'm guessing the spinoff talk was potentially referencing the (seemingly) inevitable return of Boba Fett in The Mandalorian.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm trying to imagine what a Boba Fett show would even look like now since The Mandalorian basically feels just like what I imagine a Boba Fett show would. I guess they could just make Boba more ruthless. The Punisher to Netflix's Daredevil. I'd hate to see Boba turned into a straight up villain though...

DurararaFTW likes this.
  8. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    That's a good point that I admittedly did not consider... I personally wouldn't want a post-ROTJ Fett show or film anyways, just confirmation that he survived. I hope he appears in the Mandalorian as a secondary antagonist but not truly a villain.

Now a pre-ROTJ Fett film would be awesome... That I would love to see.

whostheBossk and Mostly Handless like this.
  9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Pre-RotJ spinoff, sure thing.

He be dead, though, keep it that way.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    i mutch rather have an embo spin off, off he got off from being a deadly bounty hunter to becoming a relaxing farmer.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's funny how this seems like a great idea for Genndy Tartakovosky to return to the franchise for.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Can we get a feature length spin-off straight on Disney + depicting the Bill Burr crew sent on a Suicide Squad esque mission by the NR?

Just a one-off filled with mayhem and dark humor and action. Perhaps the NR could enlist them to explore an old sith planet in search of some ancient artifact in an area of space too risky for them to traverse. Wouldn’t be too expensive to shoot a feature with them, something on the scale of E7 and 8 combined.

Aside from that bunch I really don’t think anyone on the show could hold their own especially for an on-going series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly Handless, Darth Nave and Sarge like this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Spinoff probabilities:

1 - Cara Dunn: clearly a popular character, strong woman yada yada, with enticing back ground. Could be either a prequel or a sequel to the events of the 1st season;

2- From the 3rd season on they'll split Mando and Baby Yoda, leaving the Child, on his planet world wih his real parents e fellow "yoda" people, to have adventures of his own, while Mando gets more "mandalorian" centric issues ( whatever happened to Mandalore ? Why didn't the planet people regroup after the Empire's fall ?.);

3 - Some new characters, introduced only to showcase them with trhe audience and test their viability as stand alone leads to new series.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I predict BY will grow more streetwise in S2.

[​IMG]

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I need this show back in my life.

16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Patience, Daniel-san. Life about balance.

[​IMG]

But yep, Mayfeld spinoff. Backstabbing the rest of his gang and going for their next criminal money-score solo. All while talking like a Gungan.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Bossk_Baby and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    But with if it's the show that brings me balance?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There was no father.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If it makes you feel better we'll have The Falcon and the Winter Soldier in August to tide us over until October! :p

20. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I would like if baby Yoda finally got a name and became a mandalorian and someday wielded the dark saber.Yaddle doesn’t have a death in canon so maybe she went into hiding in her home world and she left clues that Mando will follow?

21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Ooh, sick burn, daaaawgz.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I. If the show goes more than two Seasons, I would like to find out more about the scientist during the second Season.

The fact that he wears a cloner patch on his sleeve, tells me that Moff Gideon wants baby Yoda for some kind of cloning purpose. I know that Favreau says that baby Yoda isn't actually Yoda, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a clone of Yoda. ;) [face_hypnotized]

[​IMG]

2. Reveal the planet that the Mando is from.

The Show implies that the Mando isn't actually from Mandalore. If not, it would cool if he was from Naboo. The hooded robe he is wearing sure looks like a Naboo garment. Maybe his parents worked for the Queen? (yeah I seem to be obsessed with Naboo. :p)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Seerow likes this.
  23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I still call The Mandalorian "The Mandalorian".

It'd be tough to call Baby Yoda "Yibbie" or whatever. The name has pretty solidly ingrained itself. He will be Baby Yoda for a long time to come.

Naboo? Sure. Bring it on, and everything and everyone that comes along with it

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looked like a drier, almost Central Asian-looking place. I don’t think it was Naboo, but rather, a planet near Mandalorian space.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003