main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The tables have turned. Now Din is the bounty and Baby Yoda wants to cash in.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That art looks like Mad Magazine-style art.

nilzo antonio and Sarge like this.
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Evil-traitorous cashing-in-cowboy Baby Yoda upon reaching semi-kinda-mental-maturity would be the sweetness.

[​IMG]

Din goes full-on dead-eyed Eastwood and eventually has to shoot him in the face.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

^ Wonder if we'll finally find out who Palpatine's son was.

:p

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I want them to bring back Aurra Sing just so Mando or Greef can say, "I thought you were dead!"

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I hope Season 2, as well as future seasons, aren't worse because Iger forces some kind of spin off structure to the storytelling, where whole seasons are planned mainly just to introduce spinoff characters. It would be much better to spin off characters organically.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think he mans they will introduce just to spin off. But well liked characters might just get spin off after a while and iff spin off happens it won't be until 2022-2023.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not that enthused about fighters/ wrestlers starring in the show. So far, though I really like Cara Dune as a character, Carano's acting downgrades the quality of the show for me, and I'd rather they focus on people who are really good actors. But who knows? Could be a small part, ala ray Park's Maul in TPM, that doesn't require a lot of acting muscle, and mostly just...muscle.

The Chalk Jedi and Sarge like this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    There are ups and downs to that kind of casting. More realistic action vs. the potential for unrealistic dialogue.

I think the former is worth the risk because Mando is mainly an action show.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If the intent is more tough, military women, then Wrestlers carry themselves the right way for the role.

If she's a former associate of Cara then she makes total sense.

13. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Could lead to snoop dog voicing an alien which would be kind if cool as Sasha is Snoops Cousin(as in actual Cousin not in the way other hip hop artists refered to.each other as cousins back in the day)

14. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Ugh, wrasslers?

Oh well, whatever. If she's a one-off goon or something, Cara but bad, she'll probably work fine. We get that John Cena schmuck in movies and people seem to inexplicably dig it, guess it can't be any worse than that.

Hulk Hogan as Kuiil's gigantic hillybilly ugnaught brother out for vengeance. Make it so!

Sarge likes this.
  15. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Thats because Pro Wrestling and the people that put on those shows have changed.

You call John Cena a schmuck?

The man is the all time record holder for the Make a wish foundation. He has spent hundreds of hours cheering up terminally ill children.

Most of todays pro wrestlers are nothing like the Hulk Hogan era guys, heck they are nothing like the Rock and Stone Cold era guys. The most popular of the WWE youtube channels is run by one of the wrestlers and it just the wrestlers playing video games and hanging out with each. The top non WWE wreslter Kenny Omega has a second career going playing in Competitive fighting game tournaments(for games like Street fighter)

Seriously pro wrestling in the 2010's and now 2020's is mostly a bunch of nerdy guys and girls and with a few throwback big ex football types.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    As long as Sasha Banks is something other than the exact same character as Cara I'm fine.

17. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Chillax mah brutha. Didn't mean his personal life, he's probably a good dude. Zero argument there.

Simply indicating on-screen. Total plank'o'wood of Vin Diesel proportions.

And obviously there are exceptions to the rule with wrestlers, Andre the Giant was in a classic or two along the way, The Rock oozes fun charisma in a way few do. Just yeah, The Rock I suspect this Sasha chick likely isn't, as with 99.999999% of people stemming from that whole world.

Also said in that post that it'll be fine, she's probably just some one-and-done Bill Burr/Ming-Na Wen sized role. Muscle & a bad 'tude, probably gets the **** kicked out of her by Dune, bing bang boom, roll cool concept art credits. That'll work.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  18. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Any chance Valance could show up in Season 2?

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Almost none I would say. It would mean that nothing can happen to him in the comics, and he is a Marvel Star Wars character. The Mandalorian s2 would far more likely have Filoni Star Wars bounty hunters like Embo, Cad Bane or Highsinger.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    most likley as a small cameo.

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    No even a background appearance would mean he is invulnerable in the earlier time of his comic.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I lean towards getting the good actor no matter what (even if they only have a line or two) as you can always simply bring in stunt doubles. I mean, they replaced Ray Park’s voice for a reason.

Avnar and Sarge like this.
  23. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Ray Park's OG voice would have been awesome.

Prowse's too.

*Punches self in the throat*

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, they recently revived Valance for the "Target: Vader" comic series, so he might be available for use. Of course, what I'd really like is an animated adaptation of the "Dark Encounter" story from the original Marvel series, where Valance and Vader first fought it out.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't really mind it. Wrestlers are pretty much actors anyway.