main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The only one who stood up for me was Lando.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I can agree that Lando was a bit out of place, but there'll never be a time when I complain about Billy Dee reprising the role. His performance is enough for me to look past how he's shoehorned into the show and just enjoy it.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We didn't get enough of Bail Organa.

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I really like how he and Hera play off each other (which partly carries over to Vision of Hope), but I can see how his intro scene is contrived. For Mando, Bo-Katan and Boba have definite ways in, and Ahsoka could connect to 'the kid' (or even to Bo depending on how that plays out), so hopefully there's no really happenstance appearance.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder with Boba if Dengar and Boosk are not far behind.

TadoFett and Bossk_Baby like this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    How it is now, it stands that Djarin thinks he killed Gideon, but he didn't. What that means for Carl Weathers and Gina's characters, my guess they'd have to flee that planet and go on the run. The happy ending does not seem very realistic going into Season II. I doubt Gideon would forget about them . Gideon works for someone, likely he's an Inquisitor or works for one or some member of the Sith Eternal - or he's one himself and thus works for the Clone Emperor. The Clone Emperor is active during this time, so its very reasonable. Gideon has the might of the Imperial remnant at this disposal apparently from what is alluded to this season. But things this season seem kinda low budget, since we have no real idea how Gideon got to that planet, there was n shuttle or Star Destroyer around as there would be normally. Seems more like a drop off and go, which makes sense - since Gideon had that elaborate kinda trap set.

Gideon has the darksaber, that alone indicates a very bad thing for Djarin. But being that he failed here, he may approaching his end soon and gets replaced by a more dangerous villain.

The Child seems to be a running plot point that may not get a conclusion this season. Right now Djarin thinks he's kinda scot-free right, since the Guild is no longer his enemy and Gideon was presumed dead. But likely now he might be getting hunted by Imperials and mercenary hunter killers while protecting and trying to find a home for the Child. Possibly crime syndicates may play role this season, so far they are absent.

With the guest stars rumored, they'd claim its all "connected". We'd have to wait to see how it plays out.

8. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The rumored casting of Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka is pretty spot-on to me. The character and Rosario are about the same age. Rosario is about 7 inches shorter than Ahsoka though. Ahsoka ended up being quite tall (1.88 m).
    Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett and Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan don't really make sense in the timeline. Boba Fett would only be 41. Morrison would for sure need some de-aging for that. We've never gotten Bo-Katan's age. I'd say she's Padme's age at the youngest but more than likely she's closer to Obi-Wan's age. Katee is too young to play Bo in her 50s or 60s.

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Bounty hunting is a hard life. Living on Tatooine is a hard life. Surviving being digested is a hard life.

Boba is lucky he doesn't look 108.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Boba may be 41, but he’s been digested by a Sarlacc. That’ll add a year or twenty.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Oh I don't know. Beskar seems pretty tough... Not sure about the soft clothing, but, y'know.

And his Beskar had all sorts of colourings that may be difficult for a poor Sarlac to digest.

12. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    Boba's armor was made out of duraplast, not beskar...unless that's been changed too. Given Din's initial armor I assume not.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Bor Mullet and DannyD like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, keep in mind that... no matter what weapons Boba may have fired off... he was in a tightly confined space. Did he use his missile? Possibly. If so, he took some of the brunt of it. Did he use his flamethrower? Possibly. If so, he took some of the brunt of it. He was inside a throat and a stomach, not an open air stadium.

godisawesome and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    maybe he just got pooped out like Starkiller.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Oh I didn't know. Thanks.

In the recent Bounty Hunters comic, Valance (a hunter) shouts at Fett "After this mission is over, you'll need more than Beskar armour to protect you!" Implies his ESB armour is Beskar, unless you read it as a kind of insult, which is possible.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ahsoka's head adds quite a bit to her height.
    I mean, that's true for everyone, but she has a larger than average head. :p

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    But there’s absolutely nothing filmmakers can do to add height to actors...

18. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    There are myriad ways to justify it in canon, but the reality is people age differently. One needs only attend a reunion to realize that. I went to my 20-year HS reunion five or six years ago. Some people looked pretty much like they did in HS; some, um, didn't. I'm talking face, hair, features, etc., not making light of body shape and the like.

As far as Ahsoka's height goes, if filmmakers can make Tom Cruise appear an average height, anything can be done.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. And I’ve met 30 years olds in places of significant hardship, and they look 60. The stable, sedentary, and suburban life has led us to think everyone ages the same. Profession, nutrition, sun exposure (sarlacc exposure...) etc, can all cause dramatic differences in aging.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Personally, I think they'll get around the age issue by having Boba be heavily scarred from his residency in the sarlacc.

21. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    There isn't an age issue.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There are basically no issues except for the ones fandom creates.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hell its not like Morrison even looks that old. Although that’s probably because he’s bald.

24. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Some issues are real, but many are nonsense. And this age one is nonsense.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That 1.88 meters is likely to the top of Ahsoka's montrals, which add a lot to her height. She's probably close to Rosario's height if they stood eye to eye.

Darth Dnej likes this.