main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think the first person we will see in Mando 2 will be a dead stormtrooper. Then a Jawa. Then Gideon.

2. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think if Ahsoka appears it will only be for a episode or two.I think it’s got ease a Rebels sequel show.I highly doubt she will die in this show.In legends her species could live like 200 years so I could see her never dying.

3. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    A possibility. Filoni again:
    [​IMG]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Goes_Ever_On_(song)#Other_walking_songs
    'Aman' is, more or less, fairyland.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy#Spirits_of_the_dead
    The thing is, Gandalf went back to the west after his task was done. That could be Ahsoka, as you say.
    But before that, Gandalf had been sent back again, naked, until his task was done, and naked as an infant. That was after killing the Balrog.
    So, you can go there when your task is done or come from there until your task is done.

The 'untimely dead who left unfinished lives' sounds more like Anakin. 'If Skywalker returns...'

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Any Star Wars-Tolkien melding is worth the meld. Love that stuff.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Wonder if they'll use Ahsoka to tell us whether or not it's Yoda reincarnated.

If they really wanted to troll the fans, an episode ends with Ahsoka seeing the Child and saying "Yoda?!"

Which leads to a week of conspiracy theories until the next episode where she clarifies it's not him.

Fin McCool likes this.
  6. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Casually waiting for a teaser :p

7. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I think the trailer arrives this month.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very possible. Three months before the show premieres is the same timeframe we got the first trailer for season 1.

Jaxxon- and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    The trailers always seem to drop when I’m outta town so I’m gonna do everyone a solid and leave tomorrow.

cwustudent, EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    But it literally can't be Yoda reincarnated, as The Child is fifty years old, and Yoda died just a few years earlier.

Bor Mullet, EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    well no trailer but we did get a new series announced. Do us a solid and take off a day each week? [face_laugh]

12. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Premature Reincarnation? :p

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Maybe if I leave tomorrow we will get the trailer or a Rebels sequel show announced?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. CloneWarBrent

CloneWarBrent Jedi Master

May 25, 2005
    Do we know what the Whills look like?

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    What do you mean? We haven’t seen under the masks of them but we have seen there outward apperance in season six of the Clone wars.

16. CloneWarBrent

CloneWarBrent Jedi Master

May 25, 2005
    I was wondering if Yoda’s species might be the ones that wrote the Journal of the Whills. But I haven’t watched the animated shows so I didn’t know that a species had been shown for the Whills.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  17. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I predict Yodas species were some of the very first “Force wielders” that decided to use the force to help I there’s rather than to help themselves.They would keep their knowledge and culture on their own planet until a small group of them left to pass on their knowledge which would later become the “Jedi Order.”Maybe Yoda and Yaddle were related to the ones that left their planet.They were all either killed or died of old age and only Yodas species were allowed to know their home planets coordinates as a way of their culture.I could see Baby Yodas parents being tracked down by a assassin or a Sith (possibly Plagueis?) and they hide the child somewhere h til he is discovered by pirates and taken to the planet seen in the mandalorian.I know this theory sounds very far fetched but I think it could partly be true.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Is season 2 still coming out in October...? I'm surprised they are not ramping up the promotion nice and early considering how many people are house bound at the moment [face_dunno]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes. They’ve confirmed it’s still releasing in October.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    how can I post a photo? I have some epic fan art.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You need to upload it to a file hosting site first, then embed the URL here. Imgur is probably the best option. Fan art can go in this thread.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    This was my thread in the Saga in depth thread.

23. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Yoda cannot be a Whill because he saw a Whill in the Clone wars and had no idea who he was.

24. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Had no idea who he was, not no idea what he was. And as I speculated, it could be what Yoda's species becomes upon passing on. It could be their afterlife, but they don't know it until after they pass on.

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Easy enough to show a family or tribe of Yodas, and not explain them very much.
    No species name or planet or "For ten thousand years..." explanation.

Open up the mythology of Yodas a just little bit, but don't let it all out of the bag.

Avnar and TadoFett like this.