main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Dan Felv

Dan Felv Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    It’s interesting because the majority of social media comments I’ve seen on it are people who are very angry and state they’ll be voting against it. Though that could possibly be the vocal minority.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s very likely to pass.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, social media comments tend to represent the vocal minority.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ll know soon enough.

5. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    The contract doesn't actually include what the rank and file is actually demanding...it's a shame the leadership has gone above its membership like this, I hope the strike is still on

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it’s up to them to vote on it

7. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Chapter 17, Din and Juice

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Djin the wrong ruler of mandalore.'

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Snafu55 likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Didn’t she also “confirm” that she was only in one episode last season before the finale dropped?

DarthTalgus and yodarulzall like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So will it be a big surprise!

12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well if it is a surprise. That just means she wouldn't be in enough of it to announce she is in it.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She probarly in 2 episodes like last time.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m not saying she’s in it at all. She probably isn’t. I’m just saying you can’t always take their word for it. Sometimes they just like to throw us off the trail.

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    A Performer, a secondary character in the second season of a popular show, is asked about any possibility of being in the next season. She answers;
    "I’m not on the next season."
    Does this mean?

a, She is not in the next season.
    b, She is in one episode.
    c, She is in more than one episode.

Show your working.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hey if Snoop was actually in Season 3 as a Mando, I'd have been quite happy

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I believe in unions in a major way, but years back when I was a steward, there was always a pain in the ass minority that were demanding and unrealistic. You have to be able to get a better gauge on what rank and file demand than social media comments or interviews put in the media. You always have people screaming for things that may not represent what is demanded by the majority- I would believe it if I saw a survey of what members said they wanted (which unions often do). The leadership has no real reason to make a deal that rank and file are going to reject, so unless they are terribly incompetent, they would have negotiated a deal that they have strong reason to believe will pass.

PymParticles likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This released on Star Wars leaks reddit. It's rumors and leaks from credible leaker, not named.
    • The Mandalorian is preparing to film a sequence for the third season of the series. The sequence is currently casting actors and finding creative ways to use fan costumers to fill around 75 different Mandalorian suits of armor.

• The featured Mandos will be played by local actors whereas the background moments will use costumers from the fandom.

• These 75 Mandos are also going to do some armor swapping of pieces to create even more variants to be seen on screen.

• He saw samples in various forms, some of the armors have "Boba Fett vibe" - their armor is patchwork with different colors and pieces.
    The next section is described as "rumors" (while the previous one he called "facts"):

Disparate individual Mandalorians from around the galaxy answer a call Din Djarin sends out to the galaxy for help. Din Djarin’s legend is growing throughout the galaxy as rumors of a true Mandalore returning is heard throughout the galaxy. When Din makes the call, it is answered by more Mandalorians that you could have ever imagined.

He saw a few pieces of red armor from Maul’s Mando’s in The Clone Wars. There were also some clan symbols he recognize and some he never saw before.

He think this his is a unifying moment for Mandalore where the past is left behind and they move forward, but is sure there’s a lot of missing context here.

It sounds like the gathering of Mandalorian army, similar to the people's fleet in epsiode 9. 75 Mandalorian clans.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This rumor aligns with what we expected from where the story ended. So it is possible and if true, makes sense.

20. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    It stems from He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, so its legitimacy is likely high.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, there’s a very good chance this is legit.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Fen Rau and Ursa family into live action.

godisawesome likes this.
  23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Ideally, you'd want to showcase as varied and diverse an assortment of Mandalorian as possible - personally, I'd love it if they use the costume budget and fan costumers to try and show some style divides:

- Clans and Houses being much more gung-ho about taking off their helmets... but having much more standardized paint jobs and armor even when personalized, like a suit of cards. Here, their standardized Mando armor (with the abbreviated chest piece for dudes) could be used all over, or fan costumes could have similar paint jobs applied.

- Children of the Watch being more stoic and traditionally masked, with maybe a bit of more "barbaric" flair added in with furs, capes, and kamas; still, even through in some paint jobs similar to the clans and houses could act to signal some "religious converts."

- Some specifically customized armor-wearers; maybe we see Paz Vizsla's Heavy Mandalorian has some "brothers" while perhaps the Protectors have been reformed with Fenn Rau, where they can either have the flight suit with the hoses and crests, or the full-on ceremonial armor.

- Finally, the personal Holy Grail for me, because of both its designs and implications for the story... Imperial Super Commando armor. It's one that would almost require some storytelling to go with it, plus it looks sick.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I wonder how they go about choosing the extras from the cosplayers? There are some out there that are right on the button but others that, despite a lot of effort, just won't look right on screen.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I guess the ones that look the most "fan-made-ish" won't get picked. There will have to be a certain level of quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail they'll be looking for.