main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    A working jetpack will help.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Im interested in the return of mauldalorians since clone wars. Rook cast as their leader.

Jango_Fettish likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I'm curious to see what hold outs still remain besides Bo Katan. I would imagine there are a few others from the past still hiding out there. With Din now having the Darksaber it does pose a really interesting scenario. I mean he didn't want it to begin with and was prepared to hand it over to Bo Katan.

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, so I was just stumbling through Amazon’s The Mandalorian catalogue and I found this figure for Din, set to be released in May of next year:

Does anyone know why his armor’s spray painted on this figure? Like, is there some already available explanation?

‘Cause if there isn’t, and this is some Season 3 sneak peak… it certainly looks like Din tried wearing Bo-Katan’s colors at least as highlights, then ran into some spraypaint enthusiast

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It looks like the image isn't sharing. Do you have a direct link handy?

6. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    That *is* the direct link on my computer, but I’ll try something different:

Ha! It just keeps reposting a picture-and-link combo.

it’s titled the “
    Star Wars The Black Series Credit Collection The Mandalorian Toy 6-Inch-Scale Collectible Action Figure, Toys for Kids Ages 4 and Up (Amazon Exclusive),F2893”

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    All the figures in the line look stylized like that. It’s supposed to be based on the concept art shown in the end credits.

godisawesome likes this.
  8. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Alright, *whew*, thanks! For a second there, I though some major story implications had accidentally been spoiled!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Nope, just a really ugly figure. :p

10. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    its just a wacky paint job. they did the same for season 1 figures.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also they put stuff on figures that just never happens

12. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I hope she lying. I have such a huge crush on Koska.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Terrible acting in season 2, though (Banks and Carano), so probably for the best. Not to mention that Banks has followed in Carano’s footsteps with anti-vax and anti-mask nonsense. What’s with wrestlers and loud, dumb opinions? ;) Lucasfilm doesn’t need that kind of PR headache for a tiny role. Best to just let the character fade away.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they should just cut ties with all who follow Carano in dumb opinions.

15. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    And in the future when it is a non-COVID/mask/vaccine issue who will decide what dumb opinions are worth firing people for? That is a truly horrifying precedent you want to establish.
    Also remember Gina was not fired simply for having dumb opinions, she was fired for posting offensive Holocaust comparisons on social media.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Precedent? People have been fired for expressing their opinions for ages. In the US and every democracy. The precedent is alive, well, and quite old. A horrifying precedent would be going to jail for expressing your opinion, which of course nobody is advocating. Being fired by a private company for publicly expressing opinions that are strongly at odds with the values of said company is…par for the course. And to be expected in most professions.

17. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    If Cara Dune doesn’t come back, then season 3 has the chance to explain her absence. I can think of two ways:
    1. She stayed on Nevarro to protect the town and we don’t see the planet.
    2. Gideon shot her while being arrested but was still taken away.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    There’s really no reason to explain anything. The story can just move beyond her. She wasn’t that integral to it anyway.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or as was already set up, she joined the New Republic as a Ranger and is off doing her duty…

Doesn’t even need an explanation. We were essentially already given one.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She died of a broken heart.

dogprivilege likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Gina's fame was quite marginal before Mando; she wasn't really one of the more famous fighters. Disney gave her a giant microphone by giving her the fame of being in Mando; she used that microphone to speak against solid scientific findings in encouraging people to do things or not do things in a manner resulting in harm; Disney had good reason to take that microphone away.

The bottom line is that the concerning part wasn't an opinion. There is not two sides to that debate no matter how much her argument went into the mainstream. Scientific findings are not on a parallel with what conspiracy-toting hooligans spew on Facebook, and the idea that is a difference of opinion is as tiresome as it is dangerous. The fact that she also made disgusting statements in comparing her pity pot to what the Jews went through during the Holocaust makes it that much more inexcusable.

She was a pop up character really; I don't think there is any need to explain the loss of her character in Mando.

22. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    She was as crucial to the story as the Tusken Raiders who helped bring down the Krayt. We don't have to know what became of every person who ever helped Djarin along his journey.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If we're still talking about Koska, then.......she didn't really do or say anything. They could just have a throwaway line about how she went back to her home planet.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They can still have her character appear, she just dosent remove her helmet, thats the good thing about Mandalorians.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I moved on from Carano, not even worth discussing. Onwards to Mandalore for Din now...