main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Maybe an Empire-proxy Mando faction occupies Mandalore, but there is no evidence to prove the Empire continues to supply them?

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hmmm...possible, but I am not sure that makes them much different than the other imperial warlords the NR hunts down. Though i could see them acting like they are some non-imperial government that just uses leftover imperial equipment.

On that note, maybe the planet is still under the control of the ISC and other pro-imperial Mandos who are claiming independence but then backing the empire

Similarly, while unlikely, I would find it interesting if one of the other new galactic powers mentioned in the novels - like the Corporate Confederacy or the New Separatist Union - claimed the world and were turning a blind eye to imperial remnants there

3. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Probably clunky wording on my part, but the bolded is basically what I meant to suggest. That pro-Imperial Mandos might control Mandalore while secretly being supplied and/or financed by Imperials, and no evidence exists to prove they are still working with the Empire.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Are there really any pro Mandalorian imperial left after the Saxon clan?

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The Saxon Clan is almost certainly gone, but we saw ISC officer Hark escape when Sabine destroyed the Duchess - and it was shown in a way that implied Filoni might have thought the character would have potential for some kind of role later.

Now, given he'd just been blasted with the Duchess by Tiber for talking back, Hark's survival could be a tie for him and other ISC members remaining loyal to the Empire once Tiber was dead, defecting to join Bo-Katan, or maybe being outcasts of Mandalorian society looking for away back in... but he's still a named ISC officer who's unaccounted for, and potentially a similar character to Saxon in terms of progression from minor character to potential player.

Come to think of it, the idea of, say, a kind of Fremen-from-Dune style ISC remnant lurking on the devastated Mandalore, either because they're charged with holding it for the Empire or because they are unwelcome by their own people, is a pretty cool idea.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    That one Mandalorian officer seemed more loyal to Mandalore the the empire. And questioned Tiber for his facist loyalty to Palpatine.

godisawesome likes this.
  7. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Yup; he basically seemed to be a degree or two off from Tristan rather than from the Saxons. Still, he was totally cool with executing a civilian hostage as a reprisal move; that kind of casual brutality is one of those aspects of much of Mandalorian culture I hope Din eventually turns against.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    It is not like the ISC were specific clans or anything - Sabine was going to be one before she deserted, and her brother took her place for a bit. Like the protectors and death watch, I think it is a multi-clan organization.

But yeah, interesting as they were as a faction, it is hard to imagine there being active pro-imperial Mandalorians after the whole...genocide thing. Though admittedly some stories feature still loyal imperials from Alderaan....

Riv_Shiel and godisawesome like this.
  9. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    It’s why, *if* the ISC appears in the live action shows (already a big if), it might make more sense for them to be deserters and outcasts from the Empire as well as the other Mando’s - like they tried to break from the Empire during the Purge, but it was too late and they were still seen as collaborators, collaborators who weren’t even loyal to their new masters.

Legends had the concept of “Dar’Manda,” and ISC members might fit a new Disney-era application of the term.

…Or you could just have the ISC follow in Clan Saxon’s footsteps and escalate their opportunism and lack of care for Mandalore, and just be bitter Imperial villains, maybe even all without Mandalorian armor designs.

10. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting ideas - I especially like the idea of the ISC not liking the empire anymore but still having to work with them on account of everyone else being after their heads and calling them Dar'Manda. It would be interesting to see how Din would react to that, considering he did take a job from the Empire and got attacked by another Mando for it in the first season.

Though I hope they would still have the ISC design, because I want to see how that looks in live action.

11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I like the last idea especially.

Like a literal "fall from grace" from who or where they once were.

MercenaryAce, Sproj and Riv_Shiel like this.
  12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I do wonder what shape Mandalore is in? There hasn't been much mention of it in the Mandalorian so was it glassed at some point? Or are the folks still occupying the place? Could be like the Desmolation of Smaug when the Dwarves had to retake their home in the Mountain?

That might be kinda cool, maybe the Mandos all team up and retake their homeworld, then the fight for the throne begins.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    We’ve got a whole thread on that. Part of the discussion is about how much worse can an already blasted wasteland get to keep away people who wear armor that generally double as environment suits?

And is it occupied? That seems unlikely, but Din says anything that goes there dies…

14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I guess I forgot about that thread.

15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Giant Freaking Robot reports Harrison Ford recently filmed scenes as a de-aged Han Solo for Mando season three.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

Siphonophore, Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Pretty sure Giant Freaking Robot are liars.

Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Once robots get past a certain size they can’t be trusted.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  19. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    It's why only suckers trust Unicron.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They are. They're up there with WGTC. Basically make stuff up and hope its true.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So what you're saying is that it's likely...

22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Fixing the grammar: Pretty sure Giant Freaking Robot is a liar.
    Even if the Giant Freaking Robot is a collective hive comprised of smaller freaking robots telling lies, the main and singular Robot is a liar, since it is the primary voice telling the lies.

23. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I've heard through conversation that the working title for Mando 3 is Foundry. Has anyone heard of this ?

24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    So probably they will do a deep fake of him à la Luke in Mando S2. And they have hired a new guy that did a better Luke than ILM did at the time, so I have high hopes this will be even better.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Cue video: