main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Katee Sackhoff is there and just confirmed here return in S3. FANTASTIC. :)

Kato Sai likes this.
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    We’re going to Mandalore so that I can be forgiven for my transgressions.

Hype.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    WHAT A TIME TO BE A STAR WARS FAN

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [face_love]

5. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Mandalore here we come. Pretty much nails on we see Ashoka in this too......she and Bo get on real well! And Boba Fett, he owes Din one.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Sackoff is one of my favorite actresses. I remember watching her on Battlestar Galatica Reboot as Starbuck. She is bada$$!

Ahsoka will probably be in a lot of the shows, like Vader will be in Ahsoka and perhaps Andor.

BadAcrobat likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    just saw the teaser, hope it gets an official release today. Looks amazing.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    The trailer leaked on twitter, looks fantastic.

my kind of scum likes this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, I saw the trailer.

10. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So, if the pattern of sticking mostly first or second episode stuff into the trailers continues, we’re going to start addressing Din’s Mandalore Quest early on.

And I loved that shot of Bo-Katan’s throneroom - definitely gives an indication of what type of power and prestige she still likely wields even among the refugees.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Mostly Handless and DarthFixxxer like this.
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I would presume that he must address that he has to go to Mandalore in the first episode.
    What else is on his mind right now and on his to-do list?

godisawesome likes this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I can’t find the teaser. Sigh.

13. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    If true, that's intriguing. I kind of assumed the narrative arc of this season would be trying to find the sacred waters on Mandalore similar to how the arc in Season Two was about trying to find the Jedi. If that is dealt with quickly and then we move on to Mandalorian politics, this show might be reinventing itself sooner than I thought. I don't know if they can continue the vibe of the lone gunslinger now that Din Djarin's being drawn into a larger, more complicated world.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    She’ll always be the promiscuous girl who gets her head cut off by Michael Myers in Halloween: Resurrection to me. :p

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Heresy! :p

16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Whatever method there is to his eventually seeking out Mandalore, it looks like (again if the pattern of spoiler-lite trailers continues) he’ll encounter Bo-Katan in her own throneroom but also meet up with the Armorer again in yet another set-up for her smithy in the same brief time period at the start of the season - possibly, if the Armorer’s smithy hints at anything significant by its new location, on Mandalore itself.

Could Din join up with Bo-Katan early on to “take back Mandalore” and offer that as a substitute to Bo for the Darksaber and the Armorer for the waters of Mandalore?… and then uncover that won’t be enough, even though that’s immense.

I could be wrong, but I think I also saw Dr. Pershing in a brief flash, so maybe we’ll start uncovering more of Gideon’s operation early on?

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It would be neat if a true Manda’lor is there and alive, in hiding on Mandalore.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Jango Fett's headless corpse come on make it happen

Kato Sai likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    “Somehow he survived.”
    :D

20. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO THE MANDO S3 TRAILER GOT TAKEN DOWN. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT.

21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It’s the best time to be a Star Wars fan. TROS aside, I’ve enjoyed just about everything.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    It'll probably be out later today. (at least i hope it is)

24. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Purely selfish whining - apologies.

I was rewatching MANDO and once again experiencing regret over the destruction of the RazorCrest. Loved the ship, and the sheer practicality of it. If you are going to travel from world to world, in very different environments, as a bounty hunter, makes sense to me that you'd need a good mobile base of operations, storage capacity for your gear and weapons - and prisoners. It made for a very useful and interesting part of Mando's "tools of the trade". And from a storytelling perspective, it allowed for Mando to share time with characters while in transit between planets.

The replacement starfighter has almost none of that, although it looks cool and has vastly more combat capability. I can't see how Mando could possibly carry any prisoners in it, nor any meaningful amounts of gear (Mando "camped" in the RazorCrest a number of times - without it...?). Also, with the 'Crest in play, you got a sense that the galaxy was a big place (Mando and company slept "overnight" on more than one trip) - I GUESS you could sleep in the fighter's cockpit, albiet uncomfortably. To some extent, I suspect that this tips us off that the coming stories will indeed involve a lot less bounty hunting, and less time spent on travel, and be more centered on the dark saber, Mando's quest to "be redeeemed" in the eyes of his "sect", and maybe over the leadership of the remaining Mandalorians.

Like I said, selfish whining. But loved that ship!

whostheBossk and Kato Sai like this.
  25. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Totally agree. The crest was like Din's house. The n-1 seems to just be a sports car.

SHAD0W-JEDI and Kato Sai like this.