main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    And really complicate the Star Wars universe.

2. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    Well, wookiepedia could explain whatever happens in each timeline. They could have the AU section where it all started with Ahsoka being saved from Vader in Rebels. That way, no one will be confused.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Most people don't even know that wookiepedia exists.

4. Gavin_Skywalker

Jun 10, 2021
    Then why not have the AU section in StarWars.com as well.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's not.
    It would not.

6. Gavin_Skywalker

Jun 10, 2021
    Why?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Please, take this from someone who despises the ST and wants back the 9 years of my life spent moderating forums dedicated to films I spent far more time putting thought into than the filmmakers... the ST has fans and they deserve to not have the films they enjoy erased out of canon. And the actors who worked on the films deserve better than to have their films removed from the canon. And if you like the PT or the OT you really don't want precedent set to pave over trilogies you do like with alternate versions.

"Both sides" would not be happy.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thankfully it’ll never happen and is just wishful thinking by some.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yet a certain podcaster keeps claiming the 'great reset' is coming...[face_laugh]

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    An "anon" online prophet is claiming that a "Great ______" is coming. Yeah, these always pan out.

11. Gavin_Skywalker

Jun 10, 2021
    What do you two mean?

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Canon is canon. People are just gonna have to accept it.

13. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    AUs would just make things needlessly messy.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Filonis and The Kennedys of Lucasfilm didn't spend nearly 10 years building off G-Canon just to depart from that and split apart the continuity. They've already introduced new EU material, just not a lot. And it sounds like we're going off to new places and time periods so it shouldn't be a big worry for much longer.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A certain infamous youtuber has claimed Kathleen Kennedy, Pedro Pascal and many others will be replaced in a "reset" of the franchise.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The blind leading the blind.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  17. Gavin_Skywalker

Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So… since this little circle keeps going round-and-round…

…Do any of you guys see Din getting an ESB-style butt-whooping in Season 3 at any point, or do you think they’ll go with a more subtle kind of despair based off the Armorer not liking him anymore?

Also, would anyone here *want* the Armorer to turn out to be Rook Kast? I kind of do…

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would like to see that with what is going on with the Armorer and his quest to 'atone' on Mandalore that Din embrace a broader way of thinking that being Mandalorian is not what he keeps on his head...but what he carries in his heart.

21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Din’s already got a broader perspective of being a Mandalorian when it comes to others, just not to himself - which makes sense because even though he’s clearly culturally a Mandalorian, he lacks a traction “clan” among them to claim him now (Grogu aside, since he’s adopted through Din.)

…And it’s part of the reason why, even though I know they can seem lame to some people, I kind of want to see armorless New Mandalroian-types, to strain his recognition just that bit further and make him even more expansive,

whostheBossk and Chris0013 like this.
  22. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I was really glad when Grogu returned to Din. The episode in which he was with Luke was kinda painful to watch because it just felt full of the pain and longing of separation and it just didn't feel like the love Grogu needs. I thought in part he may have chosen to go to Luke because he wasn't sure if Din wanted him to stay and meanwhile Din didn't know if Grogu staying with him would be best for Grogu (or what Grogu wants). But now the adoption is complete and I think Grogu can maybe finally gain emotional security.

I secretly want Grogu to the be the future leader of the Mandalorians, though that would be probably far in the future given his lifespan. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Mando's spiritual quest which is really my favorite aspect of this (and BOBF is connected to it as well). I'm wondering if Din will try to find the waters of Mandalore (maybe it's still possible) in answer to being excommunicated from the Church of the Armorer. I think he will try to reconcile the differences between the two versions of the creed he's been exposed to both from the Armorer and from Bo Katan, and will become an embodiment of The Way, as he finds it to be. This will help revive Mandalore and I don't know if he would become a leader of Mandalore or not as I don't know if he would want the job. Now that BOBF is rolling it does give him some more things to do possibly as I imagine Fett's work might not end with that city... he might kinda find he consistently is having to deal with all these crime syndicates that are probably trying to take over the largely unpoliced (except for fly zone tickets!) outer rim. So Din and Fett may end up working together more and then I can learn more about their religious differences.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am the opposite on this...I think getting Grogu to Luke for training just to turn around and get him back so soon hurts the story overall. And I think with what we saw in TBoBF with Grogu calming the Rancor should be something to worry about as far as storytelling going forward. How often will we see Grogu do the 'magic hand thingy' to save Din and others because the writers get him into a dangerous situation without having any other way out than Deus Ex Grogu?

As cool as the little dude is...and how much money they are making off him...I do think he should have stayed with Luke. It has been said that if Grogu is not trained his power is going to wither away. Without the Force..and being trained in it...Grogu is going to be a tiny guy who cannot take care of himself for many decades and will always need a protector.

However Luke should not have been a complete tool to Din about seeing Grogu either. Imagine Luke trying to tell a parent there child doesn't need them anymore and interacting with that parent will be harmful to the kid...How many parents do you think are going to put up with that? Most would pretty much say "where's my kid? We're packing up his stuff and leaving. Have a nice life."

While Grogu should have stayed with Luke...Din should have been able to see him and stay in contact with him as well. They are family.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its fair to say Grogu couldn't have both. One or the other. He was given the choice and he made it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  25. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    More like the powers that be made the choice to keep their cash cow.

oncafar likes this.