main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I guess I’m just not drinking the LFL kool aid here. I look at pretty much the majority of The Mandalorian Chapter 5, the Vesper Chase in Book of Boba Fett or...whenever Obi Wan has to run in his titular series. The weird use of lighting, the stiltedness of how characters have to move in relation to each other. It’s very visible to me, like someone trying to do too much using a matte painting or something.

And when I compare it to say, The Battle of the Bastards or the final battle of King’s Landing from Game of Thrones, I think yeah, the technology isn’t at a place yet where it’s capable of delivering huge sweeping action set pieces. This is not the pinnacle of cinematic television that some proclaim it to be.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A newly leaked expended cut of the trailer of Mandalorian season 3 has leaked and looks amazing.

me wonders if slide 3 and that other post collaborates with [this,]() namely "There is a spice cartel trying to force Greef Karga to allow them to run spice through the city on Nevarro, they are working for a big unnamed as of yet player" and "The Armorer and Paz found another covert of the Watch and are hiding out in a big cave, it's the same region where Kenobi finds Luke in a New hope"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting.
    When I heard that rumor I was expecting it to be the Pyke Syndicate again, but these guys look like Nikto. Wonder if they could be the Nikto gang with First Order ties that Leia takes down in bloodlines.

I am also curious why Greef goes to Din for this exactly - I mean, we know the out of universe reason the marshal can't take care of it, but what will be the in-universe reason.

And yeah, it is interesting that we get some shots of Din fighting non-imperial ships. Not just these fighters, but a small capital ship in another bit of the trailer.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This new teaser has confirmed some rumors and hinted at others. This season of Mandalorian will have ties to Book of Boba Fett.
    I know im hoping for too mutch but the rumor said the spice cartel work for someone important. And this teaser shows us this. QIRA's return please and thank you. Jon Kasdan recently mentioned she could come back in Mandalorian timeline. And I think the ships Din fires on are crime syndicates ships, pykes or one of the other syndicates.

Also this teaser shows another big thing from the rumor Paz Viszla and Armorer gets together with more of members of the Watch. And latet fires on someone. Its said to be on Tatooine and they have conflict with Boba Fett and Black Krrsantan. So we will have not just imperial remnants and Mandalore arc vut also continnue the Crime syndicates arc from Book of Boba Fett.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    In that case (and I really hope that it will be true) there is a chance that Nikto from the very first episode also worked for her, hiding Grogu from the Empire's remnant and maybe from Luke too.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We have now see Niktos three times. The gang who held Grogu and the biker gang from Book of Boba Fett, and now in this teaser. All the Nikto gangs could be connected. Probably will see the Pyke Syndicates again and some gang war.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is the same guy who posted in reddit few days ago, the new teaser confirmed some of his rumors. So here goes.
    I posted the Mandalorian Season 3 bits last thread, I was clarified on a few points and one or two exciting new bits, quite layered info, mainly about >!Clones!< and Rey Stevenson. I will spoiler tag, as a major death that I talked about last thread, I now know which character it is.

>!Rey Stevenson's Mandalorian Admiral kills Commander Wolffe with his spiked gauntlet. I previously, stated Rex and Wolffe are in Season 3, but I did not know how they factor in. Now I know via the MHB source. !<

>!Rex and Wolffe both assist Din in taking back Mandalore. I was told they are old dudes, yeah, but they still both got fight in them. !<

>!Now the big one to excite people, Rex and Boba share a fair bit of screen time during the retaking of Mandalore which is more than 1 episode. Wolffe goes off with Din while Boba and Rex are together. They use the same technique as Oscar Isaac in Moon knight with his split persona's, . Looks convincing. Source said Temuera IS Rex and slipped so naturally into the role. Boba and Rex constantly bicker. They're like brothers, and that's a major plot point too,they say Boba realizes these guys were his brothers all along even though he dismissed them when he was young. Boba and Rex have a corridor scene of their own against Lobster armor Mandalorians. This scene will get everyone talking. !<

>!Those are the leaked Royal Guard Mandos. While Rex and Boba go down one Corridor under the mines, Din and Wolffe run into Rey's Admiral, as said he's a bear brute and dominates the fight against Wolffe and Din, Wolffe gives him a really good go of it though in hand to hand and injuries the Admiral. He runs off with his remaining Lobster guards when Bo, the nite owls and Boba and Rex arrive, escapes Mandalore. This section takes place before a big ceremony and after the BIG battle in space and the surface, so the Mines and the Imperial Mandos base under it are the endgame of the Mandalorian siege/retaking i'm told. So I don't know what happens before all that, just that the bulk of the battle is over with and the Mandos are successful. Rex comforts Wolffe, Wolffe tells Boba, he needs you 'brother' talking about Rex before passing. The Mandos honour Wolffe. Yeah, Rex ain't going anywhere soon i'm told. !<

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I would like to know the filming dates and schedule for Mando 3 because Temuera was busy doing alot of marketing for TBOB while they were filming.

And there is also talk Temuera was in the UK for a month at some point.

Update: So filming was from October 2021 to March 2022. And TBOB's release date was 29th December 2021. So i guess Temuera could have got some filming in.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    two episodes or more with Tem involved in Mandalorian season 3.

10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    So.. Is Cobb Vanth back too then?

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we go back to Tatooine, it is likley.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That sounds horrible and I hope it’s not true. Boba drama and clone drama has almost nothing to do with Din Djarin, so why should it feature so prominently? Sounds like a cinematic universe gone wrong. And so I don’t buy it.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett and Din Djarin are connected now and friends so i dont see why they not join forces. Clones are bonus, could be that Boba knows some clones. Also it would probably only be in an episode.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba I could buy. I don't see why Clones should have anything to do with Din and Grogu's journey.

We do know from seemingly legit previous leaks that

That there will be red-helmeted Mandos. So these "leaks" probably build off those images but there is no telling if this is all BS using that previous leak as a basis for fan theory crafting

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Same reason Ahsoka and Boba does maybe. He meets and becomes allies with them. Clones will appear in one show or another.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because Jango was a Mandalorian and so is his son. And Boba is one of their brothers. It seems to me to be continuing the theme of Din and Boba both trying to create their own tribe/clan.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba showed no interest in his Mandalorian heritage other than honoring his father by donning his armor. Beyond that he is aiming to become a crime lord and we know he is completely indifferent to the status of Mandalore through his encounter with Bo Katan with Din. The Clones will want nothing to do with him, shared DNA or not, due to his criminal status. And the only known surviving Clone with a connection to Mandalore is Rex, as he participated in the battle there. The idea of the Clones having any Mandalorian culture through Mandalorian instructors is EU stuff. Jango donated his DNA and did his own thing. He only used Kamino as a base because the Kaminoans required it by their contract.
    As for Din, Mandalorians don't seem to hold high opinions of the Clones, although maybe that's just Bo Katan.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Saying Boba, Rex and another clone being involved does make me question it a little bit. it sounds abit greedy. like if you told a fan Temuera was involved you would automatically start naming all the clones he could be.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Boba cares about Din who helped him defeat the Pykes. Can you not see how that would possibly lead to him helping Din with Mandalore and through that their relationship and Boba’s connection to his father’s heritage could continue to grow?

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Remember Filoni is involved, so he will continnue what he has done in TCW and Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett with this character. He grows, he can now move away from the legacy and burden of Jango Fett. Clones and Boba connecting would be a big step for him.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think boba wants to be a crime lord. I think the idea is to take what he learned from his time with the tribe and using it to create a better system. Its just a case of needing to step into the shoes of his ex employer to get a foot up.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The opposite, actually. Din asked for no compensation. Boba should keep his focus on building his nascent criminal empire. Din, himself, is something of an outlaw, but his creed and his connection to Mandalore precedes any loyalties to whatever Boba is building.

He says at one point, and I quote, "I'm the Crime Lord now"

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He doesn’t have to. They’re brothers now.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its using the name though. Not necessarily the act thats expected

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Din and Boba are now brothers in arms. And they will both build their own tribes. Boba is a respectul crime lord for the better of the comunity.