main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The music in this trailer is absolutely phenomenal.

Linking the YouTube video, cause Twitter is the worst social platform that has ever existed.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
  3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The high pitched chanting is the whole Babu clan rejoicing at their beloved boyo's return.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought Favreau was retconning the ST? I’m confused. :p

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    So many Mandos!!!!

Bo-Katan!!!!

Mandalore!!!!

Anzellans!!!!

Between this, tales of the Jedi, andor and bad batch I think I'm going to die of excitement.

Can we just end 2022 right now please?

6. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Really loving the look of this. So many great visuals and new Mandalorians.

I'm really, really excited for what appears to be a showdown (with words) between Bo-Katan and The Armourer..."You are a cult"...."Where were you when the Purge started". Hopefully some really great drama and exploration of what it means to be Mandalorian when both lay down their views on this topic.

This is so exciting!!

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How has @Bor Mullet not come in here to celebrate the announcement that Rick Famuyiwa is now an executive producer of the show? You’re slipping, dude. :p

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Looks as good as the other two seasons.

clone commander bossk and Sproj like this.
  9. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Quite pumped for it. The near-exclusive focus on Mandolorian politics is exciting, but I hope the show doesn't forget about Luke. It would be pretty disappointing to have spent two seasons getting Grogu to Luke just for that to go nowhere.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Probably busy at the tattoo parlour getting a tattoo that says......RICK FOREVER.

It would go with mine that says..... I LOVE RICK TOO

clone commander bossk likes this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm guessing that some of the trailer footage is set in the Mines of Mandalore. Wouldn't surprise me if his redemption only lasted one episode and getting to the Waters is not really that difficult. It's what he finds out on the way or when he gets there that is important.

Looks like Din ends up owner of R5-D4.

12. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Bo-Katan (Katee Sackhoff).. she is breathtaking.. for a Mando I mean.

I love the bit about a Cult.. that is what I’d call it too.

13. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    The trailer looks amazing. Incredible production quality. Seems this season will have a lot more action that the prior ones.

Mando may end up creating his own cult…..my bet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Certainly looks set up for a Din v Bo showdown.

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its fair to say they changed direction.

16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I wonder if we might see Din head to Sabine at some point and it introduces her character and allows for a background reveal to Din. Could also end up with Ezra being involved in Grogu's training.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Grogu isnt being trained. He made his decision and im guessing he gets his own mando helmet in this series.

18. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Reme,ber there was a so-called "leak" by 4chan that said the Mandos were hiding out on a cave on Tatooine that was said to have Boba Fett appear. Well there is a shot of the Mandos in front of a cave in the trailer. And its very clear Mando does go to Tatooine (again) because Peli Motto is seen in the trailer.

Now its possible someone just see the leaked trailer and wrote a fan leak around that. So its probably something to take with a grain of salt. But i have heard some people speculate that they may have filmed this first episode back when or before they started working The Book Of Boba Fett. Which is why cast members like Ming Na Wen had no idea they were filming a boba fett show till later on.

Personally i have always believed there may have set out to do Mando 3 and turned it into TBOB instead for certain reasons unknown.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    When those Clan Kryze/Nite Owl Mandos launch out of the Gauntlet Transport over the city, you can see there’s a very non-uniform Mando flying with them; while everyone else wears the blue and silver armor we’ve been seeing on Bo’s soldiers since TCW (and that has become more blue through Rebels and TM), this one has a russet-colored helmet, plain white pauldrons (and no decorations, so there’s no way it’s be Sabine) and a kama (which has been limited to the Children.)

The rest of the trailer doesn’t show any visible “inter-mixing” of the uniform Clan Kryze guys with any of the Children of the Watch, and we’ve got Bo and the Armorer indirectly reiterating in dialogue why their factions are supposedly incompatible… but we’ve got this shot that most likely shows a Watch member with the Owls.

I still feel we’re probably following the pattern of previous shows where most of the shots are from early episodes, so it’s fun to guess what might be going on here. Maybe Din gets the two factions to cooperate for some mission? Maybe Bo has “poached” one of the Armorer’s followers?

Either way, I think we’re getting Mando politics pretty early, with the question being whether they resolve quickly or take longer,

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Cult Daddyo :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Wait. Whaaaaa? Sorry to disappoint. Been distracted by Rings of Power. This is brilliant news! Almost as good as if Ryan Church was permanently banished from Earth.

22. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    He *definitely* seems to be comfortable and accepted by those motley-armored Mandos at :50.

And I think we might be seeing another Clan with their own uniform colors at :51 in the trailer - all three visible members have the same shades of maroon and blue on their armors as they pound their chests. Back in Rebels, Filoni solidified the idea of Clans taking the same colors in their heraldry but personalizing them for their individual armors.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I say join any Clan but the strict Cult Mando keeps groveling to.

24. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    The one thing that speaks well of the cult is that they’re big on foundlings over clan ties, and that those foundlings can become someone like Din, implying that the indoctrination of the cult, while strict and even anti-intellectual (given how uneducated Din is in his own adopted culture) is also just as capable of raising warriors who value honor enough they can become heroes.

We’ve seen a full gamut of Mandalorian clans, cults, and cliques in terms of morality - the only real common factor seems to be that the different factions match the morality of their leaders.

The Armorer is a religious fanatic, so her clan reflects the moral ambivalence of her creed and the more individualized and less hierarchical nature of her beliefs. Bo is clearly a significant bit more honorable and wiser than Pre; thus her clan and faction are more honorable but still have lingering aspects of her extremist nationalism and definetly follow a hierarchical structure.

It'll be interesting to see the perspectives of other clan/factions leaders and how they’ve handled the fall of Mandalore - we know Bo blames the cult (and in the trailer seems to specifically fault the Children’s refusal to follow her for Mandalore’s fall) and the cult blames her for failing to follow tradition… but maybe the other clans are just sick of them both.

25. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    In good quality trailer "mini-Eclipse" ship looks even cooler. Hope that it belongs to one of the Mandalorian factions.