main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll just say that it's been a top level marketing tactics.
    Show mildly obscure things that fans will get. Gets them onside.

Now just put in a reference to Plagueis...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Plagueis is the Mandalorian!

3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Please, the Mandalorian is obviously Snoke.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    No. It would be called Snokallorian. Sounds terrible.

BigAl6ft6 and GregMcP like this.
  5. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I must say, the cast is being hidden well.

Bossk_Baby and Cantina Regular like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah they straight up have a picture of the Mandalorian walking I'm gonna go out and assume that is the actual actor cast in the part and not a stand in. Dunno why they're holding back on saying who the cast is since they're clearly already filming.

Anyway, put me in on the "where is this going not in the US?" Unless the Disney Streaming Service launches internationally. But streaming services really DON'T launch internationally. I mean, it COULD but I doubt it. And it would be crazy if they just sat on it for US audiences and didn't do a comparable rollout. So maybe Netflix cuz that's where Titans is going (although ep 1 already aired in the US it hasn't made it to Netflix yet, they may be holding back until the season is over like they did with BBC's Dirk Gently). And a bunch of CW shows like Riverdale and Black Lightning are Netflix Canada exclusives with a weekly roll out. Bell in Canada bought the rights to Star Trek Discovery so it's on Space channel and CraveTV. It's Netflix internationally.

So while I'm okay with buying the streaming service for this, I dunno if not being American they will release it on the same date. So they might sell it to someone else. I think it's realllly unlikely that it will simply sit on US only if/when a Disney streaming launches internationally. that would be ... dumb.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    The Mando walking down the street full of swagger.... and then the Bee Gees start playing... and a bunch of alien low lifes are following him... and then the dancing begins.

8. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    ..........I’d watch that......

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d watch multiple seasons of that.

Siphonophore and Cantina Regular like this.
  10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Now I'm really hoping Stephen Chow gets to direct an episode at some point.... or an entire SW film.

GregMcP likes this.
  11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Here's your Good, The Bad and the Mando soundtrack...

Cimarronin and Siphonophore like this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! There's going to be a twist and we'll find out the Mando is related to...somebody from one of the other films.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    You'll have to bookmark this prediction.

Listen. The big reveal is going to be that it's Taika Waititi under the helmet.

He's going to be like Judge Dredd and keep the helmet on until the final minute of Episode 10. It'll be the big cliffhanger plottwist reveal thingie for the season.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. Cimarronin

Cimarronin Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2018
    LOL! Please no! They Disco-Funk-ififed the whole thing LOL!
    I'm getting horror flashbacks to my b-day, when I was a kid and asked my dad for the John Williams Star Wars record ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And instead he got me this nightmare^
    I hated everything about it, the music the art, i couldn't even look at it.
    I wouldn't talk to him for days LOL!
    I certainly laughed about it later, and even appreciate the campynes of the Galactic-Funk now, but at the time I was irreconcilable.
    It wasn't even so much that he got the wrong thing, it's that he was like - "so what, what's the big difference?" LOL! :mad:

Hearing this was done to Ennio Morricone's theme too, is near unbearable LOL!:p
    Although the image of the Mandalorian strutting to this retro stuff, is hysterical...please no, I already lived through this nightmare once already. LOL!:p

[​IMG]

For the composer, lets hope it's somewhere between Morricone and Williams.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Palp_Faction, GregMcP, Xinau and 4 others like this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    He’s going to take off the helmet and it’ll be another helmet and that helmet will be Master Chief’s helmet from the Halo video game.

vncredleader and GregMcP like this.
  16. Cimarronin

Cimarronin Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2018
    LOL ^ the endless helmet reveal . :)
    I'd be fine with just a mystery faceless character for a bit of the set-up, and they actually hold off on the reveal for a few episodes, that would be great.
    I loved "V" and Dredd, or 1947Dark Passage, I commend any actor emoting through a mask.
    Although never taking off the helmet, for a full TV season, seems a bit to long ?
    Not saying it can't be done, or wouldn't be interesting if they kept it a mystery, just for an ongoing TV series not seeing the lead actors face for so long, could get a bit dull behind an emotionless mask.
    To connect we need to see him emote, suffering, doubt, etc, and the weight of the years on his face too.

Seeing the armor is great, and has me excited, and from the reveal of show runner to directors I know we'll get some interesting stories. Yet it's still hard to read how invested I'll become in the show, until I know the actor behind the mask, and if I can believe the weight of this character not just on the armor, but on his face.

Love the mystery behind it so far, and look forward to any in-story build up they can exploit to the reveal, great way to play it. Can't wait to find out who it is. ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    It's Horseface
    [​IMG]

18. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if anyone's speculated on this, but...

If Disney wanted to pull out all the stops, and really deliver on this show, we could conceivably get to see Harrison Ford as Han Solo at some point. I know this seems unlikely, but he has worked with Favreau. The timeline permits it, as this show occurs between ROTJ and TFA.

And if they really wanted to blow our minds, they could reunite Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

If the show is successful enough, anything is possible.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Calling it now. The Mando will revealed to be Hando err...Han Solo.

20. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Played by Alden?

21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Lol - that is fabulously bad! A horrible birthday surprise indeed but what a giggle now.

Yeah I hope they get a good composer too. There're some nice TV soundtracks and I wonder if it'll be classical or a bit experimental (but not Galactic Funk experimental nor "Gaz" please!)

Cimarronin likes this.
  22. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Purified, weaponized nostalgia, pumped directly into my veins. Right there. Right down to the black & white order form for the Star Wars T-shirt. I think I see the one-sheet with the program notes underneath it, too. And that poster -- on my walls for years. It used to bug me no end that there were multiple Millenium Falcons (or YT-1300s, I guess, before such a designation existed) in it.

Gah, that album. Wore the grooves off it.

MrDarth0, Cimarronin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The show is set just three years after ROTJ so they'd have to use some Marvel de-aging tech if they want him to appear. Not impossible I guess. The technology has come a long way.

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Do you guys think the mandalorian going to be a hero or a villian?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Both

Avnar likes this.