main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Morning everyone! I see we're getting into a diversity debate. We have a very nice diversity thread right here for such topics. Otherwise, keep this thread on topic for the development of the show; the racial and ethnic status of its cast can be discussed in depth in the diversity thread.

Also it's worth pointing out we have a very well-defined hate speech policy for these forums. Any hint that someone will break it and we're gonna have a bad time.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't know jack about the Mandalorians but I have a feeling that this show will be about Pedro Pascal's character lone wolfing it rather than being a part of an army or a group of people. Is he on his own by choice? Was he kicked out of whatever group he was part of? Is he a pretender masquerading as a Mandalorian?

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what I hope. That said, MSW has snapped photos of what look to be Weathers and Carano (or their stunt doubles) looking like ruffians on the same set as the Imperials. So they could be part of a crew the Mando puts together. Considering Favreau’s background and Marvel interests, I have a feeling he’ll go for a group dynamic with lots of banter.

4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I could see that too.

I touched on this in the Cassian thread but what cameos can we expect? Chewie maybe?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If we get Chewie I imagine we’ll get Han too.

That said, I think Saw’s partisans will feature heavily in this (along with other RO characters like Mothma, Draven, etc) while Solo characters like Enfys, Q’ira, etc will be the cameos. And I bet we’ll get Michael K. Williams in this, or the Mandalorian, as LFL promised him something after he was cut from Solo due to reshoots.

TadoFett likes this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Every time I see "MSW" or "Making Star Wars", I can't help but sing those words to the tune of Making Christmas from The Nightmare Before Christmas. If I ever happened to change occupations and I landed a job working on the set of a Star Wars project, I fear having that constant earworm in my head. But I guess it would be a good earworm. Productivity would be high.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I personally don't want to see Han in either series. Seeing Alden playing Han post-ROTJ would be too weird to me and I don't know that it would make sense for him to appear in the Cassian show, as far as the timeline is concerned. Where does the Cassian show fit in the timeline by the way? I know it's before Rogue One as is Solo but still the Cassian show could set before OR after the events of Solo right?

All that said I could see them shoehorning in a Chewie appearance in The Mandalorian. Also I could see an episode of the Cassian show taking place on Chewie's home planet.

Avnar likes this.
  8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Gina should be used like she was in Deadpool, or like Ruby Rose was in John Wick 2. Namely she doesn't say much (because she's not that great an actress), but let her use her physicality in action scenes and just be imposing in-general.

And no, she shouldn't be Sabine as she doesn't even remotely fit the character imo.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I imagine the Cassian show will take place after the events of Solo, as the description of the show suggests a mature Rebel Alliance, which doesn’t yet exist in Solo. In that context, Alden could appear. Wouldn’t bother me at all.

That said, if it happens, I bet it would be brief. Or just an Easter egg. Enfys Nest and her crew are more likely to appear, I think, given their connections to the Rebellion.

And we’ll definitely get Saw and his few. Two-tubes, Moroff, etc. Can’t wait.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    An Enfys Nest appearance would be great. Her part at the end of Solo was one of my favorite parts of the whole film.

11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Also, Cassian is 26 in Rogue One. So he would be 16 at the time of Solo. I doubt that Luna would play a teenage Cassian, so it definitely must be set several years after Solo.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T580 mit Tapatalk

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Death Troopers - Yes! :cool:

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    If the Death Troopers speak in anything other than their unintelligible code-language, then I'm giving this series a 0/10. :p

14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I mean, this is way the hell off topic, but the idea that people are bothered by SW casting somewhat resembling the real world is never gonna make sense to me. Neither is the idea that such casting is to win points of any kind other than the obvious -- money. You sell more tickets / get better ratings when more people can relate to what they see on screen. I'm sure the creative teams are in favor of inclusivity, but let's be honest, it would be more of a conspicuous "statement", to say nothing of awful business sense, to go out of your way to produce any kind 21st Century film with an overwhelmingly anglo cast.

Canon is flat-out explicit that Mandos in particular are multi-ethnic anyway, if that makes this slightly more relevant.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I take it you didn’t like Rebels season 4 then :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm guessing Deathtroopers are coming back because they're such an amazing design to waste on one film.

Vizzy91, Bor Mullet and Avnar like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I imagine so. Also, they’ve been canonized as troops that are specialized in protecting high-value Imperials. So if the Mando is targeting a high-value Imperial holdout, it makes story sense to bring them back.

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I've got ten bucks that says that at some point when somebody meets the Madalorian they will make a Boba Fett joke. "I thought you got eaten by a giant hole with teeth in the desert."

Vizzy91, Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  19. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    MakingStarWars has posted a video of Taika Waititi directing an action sequence for this series. Not sure if posting leaked set photos/videos is allowed here, so I'll refrain just to be safe.

But the video is on their YouTube channel. :)

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm really hoping Taika also plays a character, either alien, droid, or helmeted human. It would be such a shame to not have him as a character of some sort.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm expecting the main character to be an outcast, someone who left Mandalore for mysterious reasons and is now simply a bounty hunter/mercenary in the Outer Rim. And throughout the show, he'll come to terms with his past, reconnect with his people and come back to save Mandalore. There, nice happy ending with traditional character arc :)

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Well the casting of Pedro Pascal is probably the best Star Wars news I’ve heard in a very long time. Amazing actor and he’ll bring a lot of presence and I think a lot of fun to the series. The Cassian series could be great too as I loved Rogue One. It’s a good feeling to be excited for Star Wars again, even if it is on the small screen, and with my disappointment with the saga films, TV could well be the future of the franchise for me which is something I didn’t expect.

23. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Cantina scene. There's rude activity happening, until someone speaks up.

The Mandalorian: Manners.... maketh..... Mando.
    [He brandishes a lasso and starts wrangling baddies. Next, he whips out a whip and whips more of them. Then, he opens a can of whoop-ass and serves it to the rest. Finally, he takes a seat at the bar.]
    Bartender: What'll y'have?
    The Mandalorian: Whiskey.

Darth Nave, Blobofat and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    MSW has some new spy photos. I wonder if the tunnel is the entrance/exit to the Mandalorian's lair, like he's Batman, or something. But, he's also part Sonny Crockett, with that long cigarette skiff (if that is his skiff).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Has this series been described as a Western, and the Cassian series as an espionage thriller? If the Mando is a Western, what sort of scenes would you like to see?

I'm imagining a heist with a possee, cantina scenes, a shoot-out with cool one-liners, wilderness scenes, a bad town Sheriff/Imperial and his entourage the hero must overcome in a running battle down the streets.

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.