main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    One of the rumours about this show that gets me excited is the one referencing a number of different planets that will appear. I originally thought maybe one or two different planets or environments would be featured.

What planets does everyone think is possible or they'd like to see in the show?

I think given Tatooine is more or less confirmed by leaks and set pics, we will see that. Though I will throw a twist into that and say maybe it is actually a moon of Tatooine or one of the neighboring planets in the system.

We know there is a volcanic planet of sorts. I doubt it is Mustafar or Sullust... so I would day probably a new backwater planet.

I think we will mainly see new planets, but returning planets could include Mandalore or Concord Dawn.

2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Filming started in October. I believe it was stated in the press release.

I just can't wait to see some merchandise and the Mando's costume upgrades!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin and TadoFett like this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yep it was episode 9 in August, my bad.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, it's all very exciting!

This news also affords us the opportunity to remind everyone here that we all need to be extra vigilant regarding any potential forthcoming Lego leaks.

To those of us who are new to the forums (and to those of us who just may have forgotten), the posting of leaked photos/videos (or links to the same) of any Lego products are 100% not allowed across the boards here at JCF. To be clear, anyone straying from this mandate will be met with a swift banning.

Because we don't want to lose anyone, don't be surprised if, as we inch closer to Triple Force Friday, you'll see similar reminders posted here from time-to-time.

Sorry to be all Stormtrooper-y about it, folks. It's just the position we find ourselves in.

-Sabreon :storm:

5. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    do you guys think we will see Mando toys at celebration?

JohnJonBinks likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    We might see one or two.

7. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I would assume so if its getting its own line for the Force Friday launch in October. It'd be cool if the costume from the first pic was an early SDCC Exclusive in July. I don't see why it couldn't be since there's always one every year. Same figure, just in a fancy packaging to make it exclusive.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Depends. They've got a little better at not being so secretive about Force Friday (2015 was stupidly over the top in that regard and everything leaked anyway). Hopefully we'll see some of the none-ST figures at Celebration, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. There will be a figure released early at SDCC but I imagine it will be an ST figure, though they could have multiple like they did in 2017.

9. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I just hope we get an offical reveal and not blurry toy leaks.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There are some new LEGO toy names that are allegedly from Ep IX. Something, something FO dropship, Resistance Y-wing and TIE Bomber.

11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    anything Mando related?

12. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    Nope, I don't think we have gotten anything concerning Mando merchandise leaks.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Having 6” Black Series figures of The Mandalorian available for sale first at Celebration seems like a good idea. I think that’s where the FO Stormtrooper figure made its debut.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  14. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I think it’s a great idea. But the only thing not giving me hope is that Hasbro already announced the Maul and Kenobi figures for SWCC last week.

And with the event only a little over a month away, I’m more hopeful that it’ll just debut there and be an SDCC exclusive later this summer.

EHT likes this.
  15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    so I'm assuming we will get a Mando panel... imagine what we will find out!? character names, stills, posters ad a trailer!!

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I doubt we'll get a trailer at Celebration, because the Episode 9 trailer will likely overshadow it completely. Even if The Mandalorian trailer is shown the next day, people will still be reeling from the Ep 9 trailer. So expect a trailer for this to drop sometime in the summer.

17. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    I can see a trailer dropping in the summer, maybe around comic-con or D23. For celebration, I think a quick teaser will be the most they will show, maybe the first poster and a slew of new stills.

18. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I don't know about that. This will be Disney's flagship show for it's brand new streaming service that starts in the Fall (Sept?). It just wouldn't make sense for them to only drop a trailer a couple months before that, whereas Ep. IX comes out 3 months after that.

Celebration will be 5 days this year. No way they're doing that just to assume the Ep. IX trailer will be the only big thing they want coming out of it. I think they spread it out to five days this year to spread out the news for each three of the Triple Force Friday properties.

If anything, I agree with El_Machete12 above in that we'll get an Ep. IX teaser instead and we'll get a full blown Mando trailer.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. We have to accept that viewers these days can absorb a lot of information at once. Dropping both an IX trailer, and a short Mando teaser, one after the other could work. And could make for a big bang hype-builder.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    One hypes the other.
    It can be Black Panther and Infinity War together getting up a buzz for Marvel Stuff.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Baron_Papanerd and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I guarantee you that we will see a Mando trailer.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Cool. Thanks Bob.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This summer, huh. Maybe August...

@Darth Chiznuk: Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, I think a short teaser for The Mandalorian at Celebration sounds realistic. The runup marketing period for TV series generally seems to be shorter than for movies, although it is also a good point that Disney will be using this show to promote and kick off the Disney+ service.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, I hope I'm wrong. I want to see that Ugnaught.