main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Mask of Vader Speaks

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kato Sai, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Exactly. If Legends had any bearing on NU Canon, Revan in Shadows of Revan split his spirit, light and darkside. But I doubt Abrams was going that route, and I am in memory object camp. :)

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What if it was Babu Frik speaking through Vader’s mask saying stuff like “Hey hey!”, and it made Kylo feel special? Like Vader wanted to be his buddy?

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [face_rofl]
    Babu Frik behind the Mask. Then he decodes C-3PO to speak Sith.
    Babu Frik is a Sith Lord!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    godisawesome and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This was another hugely missed opportunity. I feel they were going in the direction of Snoke(Emperor) deceiving Kylo by speaking as if they were Vader in the mask. Why he wouldn't know that his grandfather was a brilliant Jedi and chosen one was strange. Regardless I do like they ended up at least implying the voices were from the Emperor. I would have liked to see Kylo figure it out and then confront Snoke on the matter.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    “Master Snoke. Are you collaborating with Emperor Palpatine to get him to pretend he’s Vader and speak in a Vader voice through the melted mask I keep in my room, and in so doing, manipulate me?”

It writes itself! ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, well getting to hear it would give the audience that "is this really happening" feel and have hints that Kylo was being deceived.