main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Meeting At BK

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by lukedecop, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002

The day was 5th May 2002 4.00p.m. The Meeting place -- Burger King . The Purpose -- Star Wars. 9 heart-warming and dedicated star wars fan showed up at BK despite the heavy downpour. They talked, exchanged,laugh and shared happy moments of The Force. How it inspired them and r very X 2 excited about the upcoming Episode II.

Here's what some fans got to say:

2. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Well this is the first time i am meeting star wars fans on the net and to be honest i was a bit nervous and excited as well. Its cool to meet pple that share the same interest as u. More things to talk about and discuss. It was gd to see D.E and Winbros again. Clare and hazel, thanks for giving me the cards to help me complete the collection. Not to mention the drink and the Onion rings as well. Thanks, really enjoyed today myself pple :)

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Heh I agree with Luke here, it was good to meet all of you, because there's alot which cannot be seen and expressed over a digital interface. So I'm glad to have met all of you and know some of u better. My thanks to DE, Winbros and JediClare for the cards :D. I'll be looking forward to our next meeting at the Premiere!

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Same here. :) It was really fun. Thanks Winbros for the Anakin postcard! :) And thanks to everyone too...sorry to keep you all waiting.

Looking forward to the next time we meet! :) Think we will recognise each other? :p

5. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    :) It's definately been a worthwhile experience... it's my first time meeting SW fans too... really enjoyed myself.. this is a day worth remembering for a long time... :) Thanks for all the cards guys... would have nothing if not for u people..

I feel like I'm writing a diary.. :p

6. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

Hi all,

Wow, you guys/gal are fast :)

It was great to see some of the faces behind the post(-ers), including the gentleman with the most posts, DD :p

Enjoyed myself too, SW has really brought about interesting people, and my wife was worried that there'd be "unusual people" in the group when I told her I offered our place for the 1st meeting.

Keep looking for the postcards, now that we know who we are, we'll have to try and grab hold of the cards for the rest.

Also, lets keep in mind the movie date, JClare, what's the countdown now?

Lets catch up again yah, and the Ep2 Scrapbook I bought from Borders, major spoilers inside, MAJOR.....

MtFbwY

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha Winbros u tempting us is it? :D

8. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Hi, this is Wah Kay Poh in the studio with special guest Duck_Destructoe who at that paramount first meeting of the Singapore FanForce chapter at Burger King.

WKP : So what do you have to say for yourself, Duck_Destructoe?

DD : It's very cold here...

WKP : It is?

DD: Yeah, it's freezing, can I switch seats with you?

WKP : Uhm... sure.

@Seat switching takes place@

WKP : So, why do you call yourself Duck_Destructoe?

DD : Actually, it's Darth_Destructo...

WKP : That's what I said, 'Duck_Destructoe'.

DD : ... Nevermind then. Say, I feel much better, but it's still cold, can we sit outside?

WKP : Weak, sia you...no, cannot, we'll sit here. Back to the interview, I'll ask the questions from now on. Ok?

DD : Sure, but...

WKP : Shuddup!

DD : ...

WKP : So, what are you impressions on the meeting?

DD : Well, it was nice to match faces with the user names... and I think it's easier than typing actually.

WKP : Did you expect the people to look the way that they looked?

DD : Actually, in my mind, I was picturing stormtroopers...

WKP : Just answer the question, can?

DD : Yeah, geez, don't have a cow man...

WKP : Why you little...

DD : Actually, the people were alot cooler than I could have imagined... especially since most Star Wars fans have this reputation of being geeky. We were cool...

WKP : So there were no geeks at BK?

DD : I saw some a few tables away from us...

WKP : So who was the best dressed?

DD : I have to say that hazellukeyang was the best dressed, even for a pragnent woman. She tried to offer me her scalf a few times, but I had to decline because it didn't go with my outfit...

WKP : Who was the most dedicated Star Wars fan, then?

DD : Darth_Eagle, without a doubt, she's like, the ultimate fan. A fan's FAN. She even has some disturbing pics of Darth Maul and Padme Amidala...

WKP : What kind of pictures?

DD : Let's just say... uh... 'private pictures'...

WKP : OMG! Anything else before we move on?

DD : Yeah, she won't introduce me to her friend in the photos... the one in black leather.

WKP : I don't think that you're the only one who wants that number now... Moving on, who had the coolest shoes?

DD : Shoes?

WKP : Yeah, the things that you put on your feet...

DD : JediClare had orange shoelaces which were cool... does that count? She may be the youngest, but her shoes were stylin'. She's gonna grow up to be so cool...

WKP : Orange shoelaces... kewl. Next question, who had the coolest story to tell?

DD : GED_EYE_GUY is going to catch AOTC in the states... is that cool or what? The ironic thing is that we'll get to see it before him over here in Asia. Still, that's so frickin' cool.

WKP : Wah Piang... and who, in your opinion, has the most appropriate user name? I mean, some of your user names are pretty out there... are you sure you guys haven't been... you know...

@Does some drinking gestures with his hands@

DD : No! Of course not(never before 5pm)... lukedecop used to be a real cop, so I guess it makes the most sense...

WKP : Like James Lye?

DD : No!

WKP : Like Wong Lilin then?

DD : No! Those are actors... he was a real cop.

WKP : Oh... Police... wah... power. Anybody strike you as being cool, as in someone you respect.

DD : Sure, I have instant respect to Winbros. Firstly, he's managed to stay true to Star Wars for a long time... I hope that I can manage to do that when I get older. I feel my grip slipping...

WKP : Squeeze harder.

DD : I beg your pardon?

WKP : Ah, nothing, carry on, carry on...

DD : Anyway, he's a funny guy too. The joke of the day must have been his joke about his friend giving in to buy over-priced premiere tickets... he referred to it as 'giving in to the Dark Side'.

WKP : @Thinks@ Ah, ok... so, did anyone in particular strike you as being someone that you would work with?

DD : What sort of question is that?

WKP : I ask or you ask? Huh? What did we agr

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Clare's hysterical laughter is heard::

10. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    LoLz... that's funny DD.......

I look beng?!~ :_|
    That's the last thing I wanna look like.. :)

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Sorry DD for not being able to talk to u much today. You were right at the end..but these are just excuses.

Well, back to sch tomorrow so I got..Zz.ta go..Zz ZzzZZZz

12. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Damn, I forgot to write about that German girl that smiled at me... :p

13. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Yup, yup commander! It been a great evening for us. :)

Thanks everyone! Will talk more later. :p ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Oh boy, what did I miss.... :( :( :_|

15. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Oh girl, what did I miss.... :( :( :_|

D_D's report wuz entertaining and funny [face_laugh]

16. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Wow, I am really slow this time. Enjoy the posts guys but most enjoyable thing is the meeting.

DD, thanks for honouring me as "Best Dressed" woman. :) I am sure you are warm now, or next time I will bring my husband's scalf, it will sure go with your outfit. :D

And even though Eagle has everything(brochures, postcards, logos, drawings) in her big folder, and Lukedecop is the ONE who queue 16 hours outside Toy'sRus(it's an honour to meet you, sir), did anyone know that I am the first one arrived at THE Burger King? :D

Eagle and Clare, shall we vote for the most handsome boy in yesterday's meeting? :)

Edited by Hazel: handsome boy? did I see any handsome boy? :D

17. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
  18. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    love the interview D.D, u may get a place as a reporter for mediacorp yet. Thanks for the compliment. :) By the way Jazz, my mom manage to tape the Star Wars show yesterday, would like me to lend it to u?

19. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I had a great time too. Thanks to Jazz, Winbros and JC for the extra cards...I got more than I was expecting! Good luck for all your future meetings!

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm . . . which one is the handsome one yesterday? :D :D (Can we disinclude the one who's married before his wife hammer us? :eek: )

Heehee, DD, Padme and Maul say they're taking a little private moment in the photos. Since they can't find the beach, they ended up at Taka's fountain instead! :p And thanks for the comment. ;) I may be a big fan but still I lacks quite a lot of stuffs in SW (like haven't read the novels in such a long time :_| :_| ). And I need to finish up all my pending costumes! :_|

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..I think I should say the truth, and that is all of you are great SW fans, even those who weren't there.

Lukedecop - Yeah I would really like that..maybe the next time we meet you could bring it along. Only if it's not too much trouble for u ;)

22. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Wow, I wanna meet up with you fellas next meeting! I'll go to the other thread to find out the details.

23. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey, D_E, no problem. ;)
    You can 'thank me' by introducing me to 'her'... ;)

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Scared her Deary (aka Boyfriend and future fiance) will hammer me with a 100 Tonne hammer from "City Hunter". :p

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha has this become SDU? Inspires me to start a new thread...haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.