main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Middle East Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    It marks the end of nothing as long as the American military-industrial complex continues to exist.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Rew and SuperWatto like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The war on drugs has been lost for decades but continues. So too will the war on terror.

3. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah but with legalized weed coming to more and more states, thats(drug war and DEA funding) going to slowly start to fade away. Good. So happy we have legalized cannabis here in NYS now. Of course they are making us wait for at least a year or more to grow it ourselves but whatever on that. I know a guy that knows a guy anyways. :D.

The point is that this will certainly make a big dent in the prison-machine/drug war BS. Good. Huge waste of taxpayer money and the drug war has wrecked countless peoples lives over really nothing.

black_saber likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cocaine, meth, heroin, fentanyl plus whatever new crap gets cooked up is going nowhere. So I'm sceptical it'll end regardless of legalised pot.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Both the cartels in Latin America and terrorist groups from the Middle East are allies with each other.

Latin america has other sorts of crime other than just cartels from gangs to organize crime families to political rebel terrorists groups with some who association from the far left and far right. Sometimes they are separate forums in the criminal underworld and sometimes they are not.

The Muslim world has also Nationalists groups to tribal to gang violence other than just religious extremists as well.

But of course not everybody from those parts of the world associate with that part of the of violences.

Many from Latin America and the Muslim world want to go to America or Europe for a better life but face discrimination from the European and us governments and sometimes citizens from those countries too.

Especially from Trump supporters who hate immigrants

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    .... Hmm.... Maybe.... Nope... [face_dunno] What are you going on about?

7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Will there have been reports of Hezbollah including some other jihadists groups and drug cartels working together in Mexico because of the anti American stances and there are many media sources including cnn, msnbc and Fox News which of course Fox News is a clickbait fake news have reported it.

I just consider that war on drugs as another front as similar and part of the war on terror to be connected because many drug cartels in Latin America are connected to the certain jihadists groups and obviously there rivalries among them too

And the connections is especially in Venezuela too because of strong anti American stance too.

It’s two fronts in war like world war 2 one theater in Europe and the other o the pacific theater. When we defeated the Nazis the war on the pacific front against Japan was still going on.

But when it comes down to the war on drugs and the war on terror, they are both separate and connected fronts together but we are fighting organized groups instead of countries with governments we don’t like.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We should have left Afghanistan pretty soon after Bin Laden died.

Ghost, Rew and Emperor Ferus like this.
  9. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    The problem leaving would create an opening doors for the Taliban to take over the country and Al Qaeda would resurface and grow bigger again.

My worries is not only isis and Al Qaeda growing bigger in Afghanistan but maybe a new terrorist group which could be as bad as both isis and Al Qaeda or a lot worse and more fanatical.

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    My god, that could lead to an event that's 1,000 x 9/11!

[​IMG]

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  11. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I really hope president Joe Biden has a backup plan with the Afghanistan troop withdrawal to prevent the growing threat.

But at least the extremists in Afghanistan like Taliban factions fighting each other or Taliban fighting isis is still happening.

Al qaeda and Isis are still rivals in fact sworn enemies of each other.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So what should we do stay their forever?

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    We apparently should stay there until the Taliban become as woke and progressive as your average university feminist.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Russia and the US had a go, now it's China's turn. It's only fair.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In an ideal world people who didn’t want to live in Afghanistan could just leave and be accepted anywhere. But we don’t. Along with that America can’t stay their and in Iraq forever. We shouldn’t have been in Iraq in the first place and we should have left Afghanistan almost a decade ago. We can’t force things onto people it’s just not gonna work. Also finally I see no proof that is staying there longer is gonna change the situation any.

16. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah I understand but the other way we are staying instead of using troops to do the fighting, we will likely use counterterrorism units or drones to bomb terrorists still.

Maybe the withdrawal from Afghanistan will be temporary if the Taliban allows the al Qaeda terrorists threat to grow or if some other extremists group rises like how we withdrew from Iraq and how isis grew out of the retreat even though they were originally called al Qaeda in Iraq but broke off from al qaeda and challenged Osama bin Laden.

They already was rift between the two groups before bin Laden was killed and split happen faster after the death of bin laden

In fact the terror group started as a different group called al tawid than became al qaeda of Iraq then eventually evolved into isis.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    If China goes to any Muslim country especially Afghanistan, they will genocide the people like what they are already doing to it’s Muslim population within its own country’s communist regime.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    You're basing this on what exactly? China has issues with ethnic minorities within China, absolutely, but I don't see how you're connecting that to how it would behave in another country where that population doesn't interfere with their domestic policies.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    China has Uighur peoples who happen to be Muslims are in interment camps and China is dictatorship.

I am speculating that China will do more harm in Afghanistan than America is doing if China set a foothold there.

China still persecutes people of Tibet, taiwan and Hong Kong

20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    In what way do you think China is persecuting people that are in Taiwan?

And the people of Tibet and Hong Kong are not, generally, Muslims. So they don't fit into your Muslim theory. They're not outside China, either, which was the point of my contention. China and Pakistan have significant collaboration, for example.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

My point is China has persecuted and still persecutes people that are non Muslims too.

It obvious that China and Pakistan are allies but the diplomatic relationship could go south if China thinks Afghanistan is a threat and might invade Pakistan if China doesn’t tolerate a Taliban regime in Afghanistan while Pakistan still funds the Taliban.

22. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    No doubt there would be the usual colonial issues by China, but they justify their current Uighur policy for domestic reasons.

black_saber likes this.
  23. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    China's been making offers to the Taliban to invest infrastructure, so you built a very complex set of hypotheticals on little foundation: https://www.ft.com/content/69110b85-bce9-45cb-a2f4-eadcd3edc6e3

24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    The reason Why I thought there would be a war between the Taliban and China because I thought China might become an occupation force in Afghanistan once America and nato leaves.

But I also don’t think the Taliban would be hospitable with Chinese army stay there in Afghanistan even if the Taliban welcomes them at first.

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, well what about the risk that if the US leaves Israel nukes the Taliban, sparking a war between China (backing the Taliban) and the US (backing Israel)?

Lord Vivec likes this.