main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Mirror's Other Side - March 27th- A MESSAGE TO READERS OF THIS FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    :eek:

Oh, my....

Is this going to make Qui-Gon a fugitive, too?

I'm looking forward to where this goes next...

Great job, Arwyn, keep it up! :)

2. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    AthenaLeigh Thanks! :) As for the Evil Qui-Gon he does have that scar and he's a lot vainer than Good Qui in that he has his hair dyed to get out the gray. [face_laugh]

PadawanKitra I think that's why I decided to go ahead and do the Dark Side Obi's storyline. I just feel so sorry for the poor kid. Even if he's a homicidal maniac. ;)

Astroanna Thanks, AA! I think Qui-Gon will, at least, have to stay a step ahead of the authorities if he hopes to find Obi-Wan.

3. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Six
    By Arwyn Whitesun

---------------

Jinn powered down the speeder. Obi-Wan looked up at the building they had stopped in front of. When he and Master Qui-Gon had come to Varonat to visit Rian, they had taken lodgings in one of the hostels near the starports, modest one-level accommodations with clean, simple rooms and food that had been filling, if a little bland. But that was the way the Jedi traveled. They were given some money for their needs, but they were also expected to be frugal when they went about the galaxy doing the business of the Jedi Order. The building he now stood in front of, however, was at least ten levels high. Its front entrance was a garish display of wealth and extravagant elegance. As Jinn got out of the speeder a fawning doorman hurried over and took the speeder's code key.

"Will you be needing it again, my Lord?" he asked.

"No. My Padawan and I will be leaving in the morning. Make certain someone is available to take us to the starport."

The man bowed and handed the code key over to another snappily dressed young man who hovered nearby. Jinn then swept into the lobby of the hotel, Obi-Wan behind him. The lobby was filled with guests and employees. Everyone kept their distance from him and Jinn as they went towards the lift. They did, however, give the two Jedi deep bows of obeisance. Jinn did not spare them a single glance but Obi-Wan, out of habit, found himself bowing in return.

Once inside the lift Jinn eyed him as they were carried to the top floor but said nothing. The lift doors opened. Obi-Wan was surprised when, instead of opening onto a hallway, it opened into a large room. It was filled with rich furnishings, deep golden carpets and the walls were lined with expensive bloodwood. There was also a dining area with a table large enough to hold ten people over which a diamond chandelier hung, sparkling and glimmering in the lights.

Jinn headed towards a door, speaking over his shoulder. "If you're hungry, see about ordering some food." He opened the door, walked through it and closed it behind him.

Obi-Wan released a deep breath. All during the ride over, as Jinn had brooded over whatever occupied his thoughts, Obi-Wan had tried his best to understand what had happened to him. He had finally convinced himself that he could not write everything off as some kind of dream or delusion. It was all too real. But what else could have happened to him, he had no idea.

His only hope, slim as it might be, was to contact Rian and see if she could help him. While on their way to the hotel, he had asked Jinn about going to see her, but he brusquely told Obi-Wan their business with Rian was finished. Her matter-energy transfer machine did not interest him since it was not yet ready to transport terror-troops or larger objects like battle-cruisers or world-devestators. What possible use, Jinn had sneered, could he have for a machine that could only transport little boxes. He'd wasted his time coming out here to the back-end of the galaxy. He had then ranted about Rian and what he called her pathetic inventions for the rest of the ride to the hotel. Obi-Wan had quickly dropped the subject.

He looked around the luxurious common room. There was another wood-paneled door similar to the one Jinn had gone through. He opened it and, as he had assumed, it was another bedroom, presumably his. He stepped inside. The room, like the common area, was opulently decorated and furnished.

Thick gold and red curtains bordered a window which looked out upon the capital. A large bed with ebony coverings edged with gold dominated the room, along with gold-brocaded chairs, a wardrobe and a credenza. There was also a 'fresher and, looking in, saw it had a full-size shower, sauna bath and large, mirrored dressing-cabinet. Everything in the room was marble and gold and deep warm wood.

Obi-Wan stepped back into the bedroom and sat on the bed. Again he felt that dizzying sense of vertigo, as if he had woken up too quickly and couldn't remember where he was.

4. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Haha, that's right, I'd forgotten. *makes sure to correct mental picture of mirror Jinn*

Good post. That must be some shock walking in and seeing Qui-Gon like that, lol. I think Rian might misunderstand Obi-Wan's intentions. I hope he can get some help before Jinn finds out.

I really like how you're having the good Obi-Wan being able to blend in but the less civilized one can't, just like in the episode, but the story you have for the mirror Kenobi is much more interesting than just throwing him in the brig. ;)

5. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope Obi-Wan makes it back before Lord Jinn finds out he has left. If Obi-Wan returns to his own universe, Qui-Gon will never believe what his dark ?self? was like!

At least dark Jinn has some taste as he thinks that dark Obi?s clothes are clownish. LOL at imagining Obi-Wan?s expression as he examined the clothes in the wardrobe. :)

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! Hehehe totally took Obi by surprise Qui offering him a lady! *snrk* hehehehehe how funny!

Uh oh... better be careful Obi! Doona want Qui finding out that ya gone!

Great chappie!!

7. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, my, this should be good...

You know, it's interesting that Obi-Wan was totally oblivious to the blatant passes that Rian was making towards him...

Just wait until he gets there.... :D

Great job, Arwyn, can't wait for more! :)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    black leather, ahhhhh

how can Rian not be interested?

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    AthenaLeigh Thanks! When I first say "Mirror, Mirror" that was one of the things that struck me about the episode. When Spock observed that Kirk, being a civilized man, found it easier to blend in with the Mirror universe, than his counterpart had. I figured it would be the same for Obi-Wan. And yes, I was always somewhat disappointed, that the Bad Kirk and his crew spent the entire episode locked up in the brig. What havoc they could have wrecked. :D

Sabe That would be a story for Obi-Wan to tell Qui-Gon, wouldn't it. :)

Kynstar Thanks! Yes, Obi-Wan is desparate for answers, but he'd better be careful. ;)

Astroanna Thanks, AA! Poor Obi-Wan. He has no idea what he's walking into. ;)

Padawan Kitara Indeed. :D

And I just want to say, thanks everyone, for replying to this story. I know it's been awhile since I've been on the board and I really do appreciate your taking the time to let me know that someone is reading it. Seriously, thanks, so much! :)

More to come as soon as I can get a post up.

10. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Seven

By Arwyn Whitesun

===========

When the door to Rian's infirmary room opened, Qui-Gon, who'd been waiting in the hallway, rose from his chair. The healer who approached him was a middle-aged humanoid female with straight black hair and dark brown skin.

"Is she all right?" Qui-Gon asked.

"She'll be fine, Master Jedi. No vital organs were damaged. Actually, who ever stabbed her was quite skilled."

"Skilled? What do you mean?"

"A stab wound to that part of a Falleen's body should have damaged Mistress Oladuanni's kidney. But the blade missed it. Either her attacker was very lucky or, as I said, very skilled in that he could have killed her, easily, but chose not to."

Qui-Gon mulled over that. "What about Officer Arund?"

"He'll be fine too. We'll be releasing him shortly."

"May I see Rian now?"

"Of course, but don't stay too long. She'll need her rest."

"Thank you," he said, bowing.

"You're welcome, Master Jedi."

Qui-Gon opened the door to Rian's room. She was lying on the bed, her eyes closed, her black hair flowing across the white pillows. For a moment, he just stared at her. When Obi-Wan had stabbed her, not only shock that his padawan would do such a horrifying thing, but fear that he'd lost her had pulsed through his body. He had known Rian for a long time and, though he did not see her as often as he would have liked, he always looked forward to spending time with her. Not only was she a brilliant scientist, who never failed to dazzle him with her insights, she was a good friend.

"Well, don't just stand there gawping, Qui-Gon," she said, although her eyes were still closed. "I can't look that bad."

He laughed as he approached her bed and sat in the chair next to it. Rian opened her long, ebony eyes and smiled. He took her hand.

"How do you feel?"

"Well, considering I've been shot with a blaster and stabbed with a knife, all within the span of a couple of days, I'd say I'm not doing too badly. However, I think that next time I invent something I want to share with you, I'll just send you a holo-gram."

"I'm so sorry, Rian."

"Why are you apologizing? It wasn't you who shot me. And if you're apologizing for Obi-Wan, don't."

Qui-Gon frowned. "What? But---"

She gripped his hand. "It wasn?t his fault. He's terrified. He can't help it."

"Terrified?"

Rian nodded. "And he's not mad. Nor he is suffering under some kind of delusion."

Qui-Gon shook his head. "No, there has to be something wrong with him. Obi-Wan would never in his right mind do such a thing."

"That is true. The Obi-Wan we know would not."

Qui-Gon stared at her, but just as he was about to ask what she meant, the door to the room opened and Sub-Officer Javin walked in. The bright blue eyes in his pudgy face flickered between him and Rian. Qui-Gon released her hand and stood, arms folded within the sleeves of his robe. Javin gave him a curt nod.

"Master Jedi.?

"Sub-Officer Javin. Have you come to arrest me?"

His round face flushed. "Umm, no. At least not yet. Officer Arund, once he regained consciousness, only asked that I make sure you did not leave Varonat until this matter is settled. He believes that you will best serve us by using your Jedi skills to help us apprehend your apprentice."

"Of course," Qui-Gon said, inclining his head.

"We found the speeder he'd stolen abandoned, but there was no sign of him. We're having the starports watched and are searching all ships before they depart. He won't get off planet, I can assure you."

Qui-Gon shook his head. "Obi-Wan is a Jedi, Sub-Officer Javin. If he wishes not to be seen, you will not see him."

Javin bristled at that. "We're quite competent. He won't slip through our fingers. We'll find him."

Qui-Gon said nothing. There was no use trying to convince Javin of something he refused to accept. But Qui-Gon knew if Obi-Wan had it in his mind to leave Varonat he would find a way to do so, and the longer Qui-Gon was held up here, the farther away he would get.

"I'm sure you wi

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh my! Now Qui knows! Hurry and find him Qui! Must get him returned so 'your' Obi can return!

Great chappie! Loved how she explained the differences! :D

12. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh dear, poor Qui-Gon must be so worried, too bad he doesn't know about the civilized being able to blend in much better. ;) That explanation came out really well, somehow I was almost as excited as Rian, but then I'm silly. And Qui-Gon didn't get arrested, oh good, that would have been most inconvenient! Still good. :)

13. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I haven't read all the posts yet (you're fast) but I love what I've read so far!

14. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    :)

Great post, Arwyn!

I have to wonder, though...

Is there an astrophysicist in you just itching to come out? :D

Keep it up, girl!!

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another wonderful post! This is an amazing story!

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar Thanks! I wasn't sure how that would come across, Rian's explanation. Glad it seemed to work. :)

AthenaLeigh Thanks! I'm pretty clueless when it comes to science, but I do like reading about it and it can be quite exciting. :) Yep, Obi-Wan's been doing good so far blending in, but how long will it last? :)

LukesTheMan Thanks! I was afraid I was posting too slow as I'm lucky to get two posts up a week. :)

Astroanna Thanks AA! Oh, I would make a terrible astrophysicist!! My math skills are probably, oh, I'd say, second grade level. Seriously. I'm lost and confused without a calculator! :)

VaderLVR64 Thanks! I hope to have the next post up fairly soon.

17. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    YAAAAHOOOOOOO!

YAY!!!!!!

You're back - the story's back - :) I just stumbled across this while playing on the boards and am bookmarking it to restart.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you for reposting this and working on it :D

~~~The Happy Wookiee

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  19. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Flashbacca Flashbacca! My favorite Wookiee! It's so good to see you again! Yep, I'm redoing this story and I'm determined to finish it. But, you know me, my stories tend to run rather long. But I've got an ending in mind this time. :)

Padawan Kitara I agree! Smiles all around. :)

20. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    "Is in his."

I could feel Qui-Gon?s heart breaking at her words. If only ?light? Obi-Wan could know that they have worked out what has happened and that his Master will do everything he can to get him back.

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Sabe How true. But poor "Light" Obi-Wan has his own problems as you'll see in the next post which I'll put up shortly. :)

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippe ki yay!
    Another post is on the way!!

23. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Eight

By Arwyn Whitesun

----------------

Obi-Wan drew his cloak about him as he got out of the speeder-cab. He instructed the droid driver to wait. He looked around Rian's compound. There were no lights on, either in her lab or in the house, but since it was late, he assumed she was inside. He walked to the front door, his boots crunching across the leaf-strewn pathway. Just as he was about to press the chime, the door slid open. He hesitated, then stepped inside. The living room was dark and empty.

"Rian.?

Silence. He moved further into the room, reaching out with his feelings through the Force. He detected one life form inside.

"Rian? Are you here?"

"Yes, Kenobi. I'm here. Waiting for you. Just as I promised."

Rian's low, soft voice drifted to Obi-Wan through the darkness from somewhere toward the rear of the house. He followed the sound and found himself in what appeared to be a bedroom. As he entered it, just as he had been doing a lot since he regained consciousness in the infirmary, he stopped and stared.

One small, orange-tinted glowlamp was on in the room, so it was mostly hidden in shadows, but Obi-Wan clearly saw Rian. He swallowed hard, his heart quickening. Rian was a Falleen and, like many of her species, was exotically attractive. But she had been different from her fellow Falleens in that she had shunned their love of finery and fripperies. All the times Obi-Wan had seen her she'd worn either a functional jumpsuit or her lab coat over a plain pair of tunic and pants. Her only concession to the Falleen?s fondness for jewelry had been the multi-colored beads she wore in her hair.

Now, however, not only was Rian not wearing a jumpsuit or her lab coat, she was wearing practically nothing. Clad in a diaphanous black nightgown, which brazenly flaunted her stunning figure, her glossy black hair flowing across red satin pillows, she lay on her bed and looked over at Obi-Wan through half-lidded ebony eyes.

"Kenobi, you're here." she said softly. "You don't know how long I've waited for this."

He frowned. "Rian?"

She smiled as she gazed languidly back at him. "I do so love your voice. What need for pheromones such as I possess when you can have any woman you want just by saying her name in that delicious voice of yours."

Obi-Wan felt a sinking sense of both despair and confusion. He had hoped that finally something would make sense. He had assumed Rian would be one of those things. She was, after all, a scientist, but she was acting just as strangely as everyone else.

"Rian, I need to talk with you. It's very important."

"Talk?" She smiled. "All right." She patted the side of the bed. "Come over here and let's...talk."

"I think it would be better if we talked somewhere else."

She pouted, then smiled again and, raising her hand, beckoned him with a long, elegant finger. "Don't be shy, Kenobi, though I do find it quite charming. You have nothing to fear from me."

"I'm not afraid." Obi-Wan tried to swallow in a throat that was suddenly very tight. "I'd just rather talk with you someplace other than...than your bedroom."

Rian stared at him for a moment. "All right, where would you like to.." and she smiled seductively. "....talk?"

"Your lab. What I want to discuss with you happened there."

Rian narrowed her eyes, then with a graceful, sinuous motion rose from her bed and sauntered over to him, her slim hips swaying sensuously. As she drew closer, Obi-Wan felt himself overwhelmed with thoughts of a most inappropriate and illicit nature, They surged through his brain, causing the blood to beat lustfully through his veins, his skin to grow warm and his lungs to labor for breath. Then he remembered. Falleens were capable of releasing their pheromones at will, enabling them to produce an almost hypnotic effect on others.

Rian stopped in front of him and slid her slender arms around his neck, pressing her lush body against his.

"My lab?" She tilted her head and ran her fingers through his hair. "But where we are right

24. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh no, not good. Good Obi and Rian are in big trouble.

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ack! Qui has arrived! Or is it Windu! Uh oh!!

Great juz great! Obi nearly succumbed to her! hehehe that was great! Poor Obi! That scientist should consider herself lucky in receiving a kiss like that from him! Long was it??? *pouts* oh man jealous here! But wait.. I like Obi scruffy so nope not really all THAT jealous! hehehehe

Great chappie! Now Obi knows something could have happen has happened. But will he know exactly what... hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.