main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Mirror's Other Side - March 27th- A MESSAGE TO READERS OF THIS FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    LOL! Kenobi the flirt! Rian is right about this voice though ? sigh!!!!!!! ;)

Lord Windu? A rival of Jinn?s? Can?t remember if he has been mentioned before but Rian seems as afraid of him as she is of Lord Jinn.

Please don?t leave us waiting too long before the next instalment ? can?t wait to find out who has interrupted them!

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Arwyn, only now getting caught up. This one's as good as I remember too! Love how twisted Evil!Obi and Evil!Jinn are. Great job!

Shaindl

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I love it- He almost couldn't control himself... if only it were ...Oh well [sigh]

4. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    ZaraValinor Yes, in big trouble. Especially poor Obi-Wan. :(

Kynstar So you like the scruffly Obi. I have to admit, I do like him that way too, but I like the clean-shaven Obi too. Sometimes it depends on my mood as to which one I like better. :)

Sabe I'm putting up a new postie in a bit. :) As for Lord Windu there will be more of him in upcoming posts. ;)

Shaindl Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it so far! I'm hoping to be able to post somewhat steadily. Time permitting, of course. :)

PadawanKitara And poor Light-side Obi-Wan has no idea that Rian is just the first of many temptations that will be thrown across his path. [face_devil]

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Nine

by Arwyn Whitesun

------------

Obi-Wan turned, instinctively reaching for his lightsaber. Jinn stood in the entrance to the lab. He was dressed in a black leather tabard, tunic and pants, but his clothing was unadorned, unlike the guadier outfit he had worn earlier in the day. His jeweled-encrusted lightsaber, however, along with his dagger and blaster, hung from the belt around his waist. The scar on his face was a slash of white against his skin.

"Jinn!" Rian cried.

She quickly collected herself, her exotic face smoothing out from its initial expression of terror. "What are you doing here, my Lord? I thought you had no interest in my machine."

Her voice was low and seductive, but Obi-Wan sensed the fear radiating from her. Jinn strode into the lab and stopped in front of her. He grabbed her robe with both hands and jerked it down her shoulders. When he saw the diaphanous black nightgown she wore, he frowned and slowly rubbed the translucent fabric between his fingers

"Why, Rian, my dear. You never wore such finery for me. It's very lovely and suits you."

Rian trembled, her voice quaking with fear. "Please, my Lord, it's not what you think."

"Really?" Jinn titled his head and wrapped his hand around her slender throat. "But if it's not what I think, Rian, then what is it? Hmmm?"

"I was just trying to---" She gagged when Jinn squeezed her throat.

"You were just trying to what?" he murmured. "Please, don't leave out one delectable detail. I want to hear every single thing you were going to do with Kenobi."

"Lord, please, let her go," Obi-Wan cried. "It's not her fault. I asked to see her."

Jinn looked over at him and smiled, but it was a smile empty of warmth. "But of course you did, Padawan. And Rian was all too eager to welcome you, wasn't she?"

Jinn turned back to her, his eyes raking over her nightgown. "I understand perfectly why you wanted to see her. The two of you wanted to discuss her latest invention. And Rian wore this...."

He grabbed the front of her nightgown and ripped it apart, exposing her.

"Master, don't!" Obi-Wan cried.

"...."because she wanted to show you she was more than just a brain on a very stunning pair of legs."

Jinn released Rian's neck. She staggered, her breath rasping as she tried to pull together her torn nightgown. The Jedi Lord turned away from her and walked over to Obi-Wan.

"And you are so easily impressed, aren't you, my loyal, faithful Padawan." Jinn purred.

He fingered Obi-Wan's padawan braid, his blue eyes flaring. Obi-Wan's heart pounded so hard it was a wonder Jinn didn't hear it. The combination of his soft voice and the murky rage in his eyes was not only disconcerting, it was terrifying. Then Jinn's eyes narrowed until they were thin, blue slits.

"Did you really think your little performance at the hotel fooled me. I need my rest, my Lord," he said in a mocking tone. "I've seen you in the arena. Seen you take on two dozen slave gladiators and afterwards you were never too exhausted to enjoy the pleasure of a willing female."

"Lord..." Obi-Wan began.

"Shush." Jinn placed his finger over Obi-Wan's lips. "Do not speak for I know what you will say. You will lie, as you have done so often in the past. Lie, dissemble and, once again, think you can outwit me."

"Jinn, please," Rian begged, but the Jedi Lord ignored her, all his attention focused on Obi-Wan.

"I will admit, Padawan, I have always admired that about you. The keen initiative you have shown over the years. Actually, you have the makings of someday becoming a Lord yourself. Maybe even possessing a seat on the Council. That is, if you live long enough."

Jinn leaned down, his voice just a whisper, but sounding more like the hiss of a snake.

"But you have, once again, forgotten the cardinal rule. The one, elemental rule you must never forget for as long as I am your master. Never, ever, try to outthink, outflank or outsmart me. Do you recall the last time you tried that? Remember what happened?"

"Bu

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh dear... poor Obi... he truly realizes that this Jinn is NOTHING compared to his Jinn of his world. :( Poor kid... and trying to help Rian, how noble!

Well guess we'll see once he wakes up rather or not Jinn killed Rian. I doubt it though ;) hehehe

Great chapter! The suspense was awesome and continues to remain so!

7. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Ah, I'm still here. Just been a little busy. Oh well, get to read two posts at once, how fun :D

Oh man, mirror Jinn is horribly cruel!! Now that has definitely got to make Obi-Wan appreciate more than ever how kind and gentle his real Master is, and hopefully he can get back to him soon, but not too soon because then the story would be over. ;) It was scary enough when the monster showed up, but now look what he's done! [face_worried] For being so demeaning to Rian, he sure is possessive of her. Ah, what a wonderful story, can't wait to see the results of this horrid attack! That sounds wrong somehow. Oh well, is good story, want more. :)

8. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar Thanks, Kynstar! Poor Obi-Wan has yet to see just how cruel Jinn is. :(

AthenaLeigh Thanks, AthenaLeigh! I will be getting back to Light Side Obi's troubles, but time to pay a brief visit to Kenobi. :D

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Ten
    by Arwyn Whitesun

-----------

Kenobi grinned as he watched the Varonat police officers walk through the corridors of the freighter. The idiots. They'd searched every inch of the ship and still hadn't found him. And they wouldn't. Lord Jinn had trained him well. He lay prone in one of the access conduits of the ship peering through a small grated opening. The only person who could have found him would have been his master but, luckily, he wasn't with the police officers. The captain of the freighter, a harried-looking Gran, his three eyestalks bobbing nervously, trailed behind the officers.

"I tell you, I tell you. I no smuggle. I no hide anything. All my goods legitimate."

"We didn't say you were smuggling." One of the officers, a short, olive-skinned man with thinning black hair glared at him. "We said we were looking for someone. A Jedi."

The Gran wrung his large, clawed hands. "I tell you, I no see no Jedi. No Jedi here. Now, please, I ask you, I beg you, let me go. Have schedule to meet. Must not be late."

The other officer, a tall blonde female, looked over at her companion and shrugged. "We've searched all through this bucket. He's not here. Agreed?"

The male officer nodded. "Let's get out of here. It stinks."

The Gran captain bowed as the two left. Then, once they were gone, he spat after them, his three black eyes burning.

"It stinks you say! You stink, you two-eyed freaks!" he yelled after them, but they were long gone.

Kenobi smiled from his hiding place. The Gran captain turned and headed toward the freighter's cockpit. With a smooth, lithe movement Kenobi dropped from where he had been hiding. The police officers had searched the entire ship with their sensors, but he had cloaked himself with the Force and they had not detected him.

It wasn't easy to do, however, and he felt weak from the effort but at least he was safe. The engines came on and the ship rumbled. He had chosen this freighter because the Gran was the only crew member on board, therefore commandeering the ship would be no problem. Not that it would have been a problem with a crew of a hundred, but no sense in making his escape more difficult than it had to be. Also, after inspecting the ship at the starport Kenobi had seen that, although it was small, it had a fast, powerful engine.

He made his way to galley, detecting the shifting of the ship's engines that told him they were now in hyperspace. He entered the galley and riffled through it, looking for something to eat. The only thing he found that looked edible was some moldy slices of thick black bread and tiny red-skinned fruits. He chewed the bread, noting with distate it was as tasteless as paper. He thought back over recent events.

It was clear to him that Jinn wanted to get rid of him and Rian was in on it. The Falleen scientist had done something to his mind, but exactly what he didn't know. As to why the two of them would go to so much trouble to concoct such an elaborate scheme, that too was a mystery. But the why wasn't important anymore. What was important was surviving. That had been the watchword for Kenobi for as long as he could remember. Survival. Surviving everything, no matter how painful, no matter how humiliating, no matter how degrading.

He finished the bread and started on the fruit. They were bitter and tart, but he ate them anyway. When he finished the last of them, his eyes narrowed. Jinn thought he could just toss him aside the way Kenobi now tossed the discarded skin of the fruit onto the floor. He wiped his hands down his pants and left the galley. Well, it wasn't going to be that easy. Kenobi had survived a lot since he was a child. Hadn?t he survived eleven years of apprenticeship under a mad man like Lord Jinn?

He walked towards the cockpit to introduce himself to the Gran captain, whom Kenobi was sure would not be at all pleased to find him on board, but that was no matter since the Gran wasn't going to be flying the ship for much longer anyway.

For the time being, until Kenob

10. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    oooo, that sneaky little thing. The fool still thinks it's just a plot against him. How silly. So great, he's going to go attacking Qui-Gon again? At least then Qui-Gon will know where he is, lol. Very interesting.

11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Poor Kenobi can't help being so paranoid. Not when he's had a master like Jinn. :) Thanks for replying AthenaLeigh. I was kind of wondering if anyone was still reading. :) I hope to have another post up this weekend.

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm still here ;) juz mightily busy :)

Hehehe so Obi thinks he can get away, eh? Well so far it looks like he's been successful, but I'm hoping Qui will be able to find him soon! *crosses fingers* otherwise bad things are gonna start happening!

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    I totally understand about being busy. :D That's why I probably won't get another post up until this weekend. It's my lunch hour and have to get back to work in 15 minutes. :(

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Eek yep know about that ;) Lunch breaks don't last long enough do they? I know mine don't!

15. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    A clever Kenobi, even if he is evil!! [face_devil]

I wonder if Qui will be able to track him down...

Keep it up, Arwyn, you're doing a great job! :)

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is such a unique story! It's a real pleasure to read, great work!

17. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Bad Obi-Wan is deliciously evil.

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I love the details you have added in the new version. He was a servant in the pleasure house... I was wondering.

19. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar No, not long enough by far! And I don't have internet access at this job assignment, which drives me batty! :mad:

Astroanna Thanks, AA! I'll do my best. :)

VaderLVR65 Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D

ZaraValinor Thanks! He is, isn't he? [face_devil] But, poor thing can't help it. Jinn is a bit mad.

PadawanKitra Thanks! I hope to go into more about his little sojourn at the pleasure house in future posts. ;)

20. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Eleven

By Arwyn Whitesun

--------------------

Qui-Gon, arms folded within the sleeves of his dark brown robe, stood in the wood-paneled office of Varonat's magistrate of justice. The magistrate, whose name was Sudduth Hulur, was a portly, red-faced man with thick white hair that fell to his shoulders. His beady, black eyes peered out at Qui-Gon from his thick face. He chewed with gusto on what Qui-Gon detected was some kind of stimulant, probably bacco from the smell of it. He struggled to keep his expression neutral. Chewing bacco was not only a filthy habit since it involved, in addition to chewing, a lot of spitting and hawking, the bacco also smelled bad.

"So, Master Jedi," Magistrate Hulur mumbled as he chewed around a wad. "It seems you and your apprentice have left me in quite the situation, Yes, quite the situation."

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

One of Hulur's thick white eyebrows rose sharply. "Why it should be obvious. Your apprentice has committed a crime here on Varonat." He raised a fat hand and counted off on his pudgy fingers. "Theft of a vehicle, an attack not only on Mistress Oladuanni and a healer, but also an officer of the law. But, as you well know, Varonat is not a member of the Republic. The treaty we have with your government, however, allows you Jedi as designated agents and diplomats for said Republic to operate with impunity. Surely you were aware of that."

Qui-Gon was very much aware of the treaty and of the clause within it granting Jedi and other Republic representatives immunity from prosecution under the laws of the respective worlds they visited.

"I can assure you that despite the treaty when my apprentice...when Obi-Wan is found he will answer to you for what he has done."

Hulur rose from behind his desk. He leaned over and spat a thick gob of bacco into a silver can on the floor. "No need for that, Master Jedi."

He walked around the desk and looked out the window, which offered an impressive view of the cityscape of Varonat's capital.

"What do you mean?"

Hulur didn't answer for a moment. Then he turned, a crafty look on his face. "It has been taken care of."

"What, exactly, has been taken care of, Magistrate?"

He shrugged his beefy shoulders. "All of it. Everything. All charges against your apprentice have been dropped."

"Dropped?"

Hulur nodded. "It seems you and the young man have friends in very high places. Very high places indeed. After the attacks by your apprentice, I contacted the Republic. Spoke to Chancellor Valorum myself," Hulur said proudly. "Explained the whole situation, told him your name and that of your apprentice. After some discussion, both he and I came to an agreement and the charges have been dropped."

"What kind of an agreement?" Qui-Gon asked.

Hulur raised his plump hands. "No, no, can't tell you that, Master Jedi. Very hush, hush you know. On a need to know basis and well, not to be rude" and Hulur grinned widely, his large teeth stained brown with bacco juice, "but you don't need to know. Just be comforted your apprentice will not have to return to Varonat to stand trial for his crimes."

"And what about Office Arund and the healer at the infirmary? What about Rian?"

"They will be compensated for their pain and suffering, Master Jedi. I will see to that. Since all three will recover from their injuries and the stolen vehicle has been returned to its rightful owner..." Hulur shrugged and grinned again. "All it would seem is right with the world."

Qui-Gon thought of what Rian had told him. "No, Magistrate Hulur, all is not right with the world."

-------------

"Troubling this is."

Qui-Gon nodded. After his meeting with Magistrate Hulur, he had asked for the use of a holo-transmitter so that he could contact the Jedi Temple and apprise Master Yoda of the situation.

"Left Varonat Obi-Wan has?"

"Yes, Master. Although all ships were searched before departing the starports, if Obi-Wan did not wish to be found---"

"Found he would not be. Trained him well

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hrmmm now that is interesting... what did that guy and Valorum discuss?? Oh man.. one has to wonder!

Poor Qui :( worrying about his own Obi and now this other Obi at what possible chaos he can raise. It probably was wise that he didn't tell Yoda the truth. *Snrk* who knows what the old troll would have thought... prob think that Qui has lost his mind as well! hehehehe

Great update!! :D

22. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, poor Qui-Gon, he's so worried! Either nobody wants to tell him the truth or nobody wants to believe him! Good, he should just not tell the Council and take care of it himself. Yeah, that'll show them. But now I'm worried too, for him, going after that crazy Kenobi. [face_worried] Ah, good update.

23. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar Thanks! Let's just say there are others who have an interest in the Dark Side Obi-Wan. ;)

AthenaLeigh Thanks! Qui-Gon will have his hands full, that's for sure. :)

Hope to get next update posted sometime this weekend.

24. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    Arwyn -

Just caught up on the story -- most entertaining it is (as I channel Yoda)!

I'm old enough to have watched "Mirror, Mirror" the first time around :eek:! This is a wonderful retelling set in the GFFA. I'm enjoying all the wonderful characterizations and the story itself. I'm not a big fan of Evil!Obi, but you're doing a great job of it. And my poor, practically perfect Padawan...just the right amount of horror, disbelief and confusion!

What fun -- I can't wait for the next part!

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmmm... my response isn't here. Goblins and ghosties must have munched it.

Qui-Gon thinks the council wouldn't believe him? You mean they would rather believe that a serious and stable learner went wacko for no reason??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.