main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Times 2

welcome to the national league championship series

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    How was that a swing? Terrible call.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    great work tonight astros

keep it going

4. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    on this day 34 years ago Kirk Gibson homered off Goose Gossage in the World Series.

He kind owned closers huh

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the david price postseason saga continues. always adds a little extra layer of drama.

Point Given and heels1785 like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Let's see what you're made of, Price. Fortunately for you the rest of your team eliminated the Yankees from the playoffs so you don't have to face them the rest of the year.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    good game.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    kimbrel making things interesting again.

9. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Just what we needed, now to see how Eovaldi pitches.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Eovaldi just needs to pretend that he's facing the Yankees. Maybe the Sox could convince Houston to wear the Yankees' home pinstripe uniforms while they play there.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've been enjoying both Championship Series as they have been very competitive and have really been decided until the later innings.

I'm kind of glad the the NLCS is moving to LA because it was kind of distracting watching the game when you have Front Row Amy and Marlin Man sitting to the left of home plate during the Brewers home game. However, I like the Brewers' ballpark architectural design.

As for the ALCS, it definitely looked like the pressure and the spotlight got to the Astros' Garrit Cole in the first few innings in last night's game, as he had trouble getting guys out and gave up 5 runs. And the Astro's bullpen couldn't keep the game close later on. I also think the Astros' catcher, Maldonado, was worn out from blocking and digging balls out from the dirt the night before with Verlanders on the mound, and so when that ball got passed him last night, I think fatigued played a big part. But, you have to tip your hat to the Red Sox for keeping their spirits up after the Astros game back in the game. Hopefully this one goes seven.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You really think a change in venue will keep Marlins Man from going to a game or two in LA? Mark my word he'll show up with his trademark orange jersey and visor eventually; maybe if the Dodgers take the lead in the series.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Probably not, but he'll be less distracting as he won't be part of a duo.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure enough celebs will show up to Dodgers Stadium this week as it is that Marlins Man will feel shunned by the broadcast cameras.

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    He won't be as distracting as Front Row Amy.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This is the first time I've ever even heard of "Front Row Amy". Marlins Man is certainly a fixture all across baseball (though I've seen him at quite a handful of home Yankees games). He sticks out like a sore thumb right behind home plate.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Most likely because the Brewers haven't been in the NLCS before, or at least as far as I can remember, since they relative recently moved to the NL.

Well, I doubt Marlins Man would stick out in Houston because of the home teams color. I can't believe the guy has become a thing.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh so that woman was just a Milwaukee thing. Again; I'm not sure but there's a strong possibility that MM would go to LA just to get in the spotlight there on primetime. And LA isn't nearly as long a flight from Houston as it is from Boston of course.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I have little doubt that Marlins Man won't be at the Dodgers game tonight. LA is a great place to be in October because of the nice weather and great night life. And Marlins Man has made it a point to be in the spotlight on prime time.

The pressure is definitely on the Brewers tonight, with the Dodgers taking game two and at home. However, the silver lining for the Brewers, is there will be a late arriving crowd in LA despite it being the NLCS and the local start time is 4:39pm locally.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Speaking of local start times, I wonder if Bregman will be complaining again about the early start time for tomorrow's game in Houston.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Lots of great things have happened in baseball on this day... will that be the case during game 3 later? :p

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Juliet316 and JEDI-RISING like this.
  22. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    Let's go Dodgers ! clap-clap ! Let's go Dodgers ! clap-clap!

everybody !

ps just nocited the avatar tunes [face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    DarthTunick likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So the Braves fired Chuck Hernandez. We’ll see if pitching improves next season.

I said earlier that I didn’t hate a baseball team yet. I misspoke. I hate the Marlins, after that stunt that Urena pulled.

24. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Dilemma tonight Brewers and Packers. Solution

[​IMG]

25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Manny Machado has learned the cheap slide from Chase Utley, I see.

Amazing.

darth_gersh likes this.