main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    You guys have one of the best farm systems in baseball, ours is gutted.....

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    @cubman987 Your new avatar for a few days...

[​IMG] .

:D

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Best part of that EE trade is this little nugget fact

Really, the only good part

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    ^someone should sig that

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well for starters we can talk about the Chris Sale trade.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Done. ;)

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The problem is this strongly conflicts with my "never listen to Inty" motto.

Good series Tunes, I'll get the avatar changed here in a bit.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  9. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Are you kidding me? We gave up Yoan Moncada, the best prospect in baseball at the time. Now he's turning into a great player. And three other players, including a pitching prospect who was highly ranked at that time too, Michael Kopech.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Yankees didn't need Encarnacion; therefore draining the farm wouldn't make any sense. It was obvious he was ripe for the taking; ANYONE, including those teams who might benefit from having a right-handed slugger in their lineup (know any?) could've had him. Personally, I wouldn't have been nearly as satisfied with the trade if the Yankees gave anybody worth their weight for him. With Stanton coming back soon and Judge maybe a few weeks away, yet another right-handed power hitter wasn't on too many wish lists for Yankees fans.

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Only way that trade makes sense is if they trade Frazier for a TOR starter.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You know as well as I do that they'll want more from the Yankees than just an average bat with lousy fielding.

13. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    His bat is above average and has a chance to be elite. His fielding is poor. Obviously it would take more than just him for a TOR starter.

They should have signed Dallas Keuchel, but Hal is cheap.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I heard on his show today, Chris Russo suggested that if the Yankees want to go all the way and win the Series this year, that they need to trade Frazier to the Giants for MadBum. The Giants are Russo's team, so he must know exactly why they'd go for a trade like that.

15. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    I don't think Bumgarner would be the answer for the Yankees at all. He's not what he used to be.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    neither was verlander near the end with detroit - he was awful, lacking motivation while playing for an awful team. a move to ny may similarly work, as the giants have been irrelevant for quite some time. or he might be the next kevin brown/randy johnson/jeff weaver/carl pavano/aj burnett.

we need to give it a go, i think. assuming luis comes back close to form, sev/bum/paxton/tanaka with happ and german available from the pen would be ideal. german is good, but unproven on that stage. i don't trust happ or sabathia starting against houston or boston in a must-win game for ****.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Decent enough chance they'll be back at it in October, which make the Dodger bullpen issues (specifically, Jansen) in this series (well, yesterday & Saturday's -Rizzo's homer!- games), even with any trades that happen in the summer, something to watch out for.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If you ask me, no one, including German, sticks out in the rotation right now. Can you bank on anyone routinely giving you at least six quality innings in every start? That's SIX; not five, and then count on the pen to wrap the game up. And forget about seven innings.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yeah, i can, assuming happ and sabathia aren't starting playoff games. not overpowering, but definitely quality. and sev is capable of dominating at least one game a series.

our bullpen is otherworldly. if you add a healthy german to that group, i'm not sure we even need six innings from two of the four starters.

it's also june. lots left to see, but this team inspires a lot of confidence atm, especially given the adversity they've faced.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Nice game Masahiro. Way to prove me wrong.
    [face_thinking] Gee Boone, maybe it's a good idea to give him an extra day's rest?

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

(these are the YES guys)

we're thinking too small, @Ahsoka's Tano. 4, 5, 6 days rest, who cares. rest tanaka all season, except for all of the games against tampa. :p

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I went to the ChiSox/Yankees game at the park formerly known as New Comisky in Chicago last week and they handed out these nifty shirts in honor of the 40th anniversary of "Disco Demolition Night". The DJ who was responsible for putting it together way back when was on hand to throw out the first pitch.

[​IMG]

23. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    I miss old Comiskey Park and Tigers Stadium so much.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Encarnacion's first HR as a Yankee was like one of those pitches that someone else would have sliced, opposite-field, for a 1B or 2B into right-center, but he just put it in the seats...

appleseed likes this.
  25. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    I remember a game in the first half of Judge's rookie season where he took that Derek Jeter swing where Jeter would hit the ball over the Second baseman into right field...you know the swing, and Judge hit it into the second deck in Toronto. Crazy.