main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Mods (Mos Vespas Ride Or Die) Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pro Scoundrel , Feb 20, 2022.

?

Favorite Mod?

1. Red Mod

2. Blue Mod

3. Green Mod

4. Yellow Mod

5. Thundercat

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I hope the Mods chase was intentionally slow, because if they can’t make a real chase scene in The Volume, and we get a slow-speed pod race in Kenobi, oof

[​IMG]

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Er…you need only watch other scenes in the same show (like the speeder bike/ train assault in episode 2, the Naboo fighter in beggar’s canyon), and a number of scenes in Mando, to see that they can create really fast vehicle/ chase scenes in the Volume.

This was clearly particular to this scene and it allegedly has to do with three key things:

1. They used an extensive set with narrow streets for it, not the Volume

2. They decided to go almost full practical with it, shooting the physical Vespas moving in camera down these narrow streets

3. Rodriguez’s amateur directing style often makes things look really BTS. And given the above approach, that was enhanced.

Combined, this made for…a slow chase. Will be interesting to learn more about it later though.

But this was clearly an anomaly, given what we’ve already scene of the Volume.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    A slow-speed podrace for senior pilots like Sebulba and Ben Quadinaros could be pretty fun, though.

EHT, Glitterstimm and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or just an extended sequence wherein none of the podcasts start.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  5. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I hate these more then anything else in Star Wars...period.

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Canto Bight pointless side quest?

Sarge and Intergalactic Lawman like this.
  7. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    We could go quite far down this rabbit hole...so I'll simply say "It's close...very close" :cool:

Sproj likes this.
  8. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Wasn't that interested in this group while watching the show but I am currently watching YellowJackets and one of the actresses of the mods plays one of the more interesting characters on YellowJackets (actress name is Sophie Thatcher who plays Drash on Book of Boba Fett). So I am going to vote for her.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    This is a very legit reason honestly. And yes, Sophie Thatcher is an excellent actress.

I also voted for the blue speeder, but only because she was very dynamic as a character and she looks fine, to say the least.

While doing my The Clone Wars marathon, I can't stop thinking about how baseless the complaints about the vespas were.

They added more diversity in the galaxy, and it would make total sense that some kids on Tatooine wanted to look like they're in Coruscant.

10. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yep. I'm guessing she did the Book of Boba Fett episodes while they were waiting to see if the YellowJackets pilot was going to be picked up for a series (I believe they said there was about a year long wait in-between the time the pilot was filmed and when the show was actually picked up).

11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Well kinda, but not really. The pilot was shot in 2019 apparently, and a whole series was ordered at the end of 2020, when TBOBF was announced. She was filming both at about the same time I would say, in the middle months of 2021.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  12. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Ahh ok. Guess actors/actresses can do that when they are just making guest appearances. Harder to juggle two shows at once if they are main characters in both (as we are seeing right now with Pedro Pascal as Last of Us has clearly been prioritized over Mandalorian which I think is a big reason Bo-Katan played such a central role in season 3.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I think these are misconceptions that a lot of fans have. There are actors with more than 200 movies in their resume. Sometimes filming for stuff only takes a few days or a couple of weeks for a lot of actors who actually have a main role in a show, it depends on what the needs are. Obviously Tom Cruise in any Mission Impossible movie will need to stick around for months to complete the filming, but even Pedro Pascal shouldn't need more than a month or two for a Mandalorian season.

Sometimes there is conflict because of scheduling and companies have tight windows, but I doubt he had to prioritize anything. Did we not see him enough in S3? Bo Katan should have had a central role in the story, the story is expanding. I don't think Favreau and Filoni would say "oh yeah Pedro needs to go do this thing, so let's write more episodes about Bo".

14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Perhaps. However it's also been stated that Pedro wasn't on set at all for the filming of season 3. Not sure if the character wearing his helmet for the entirety of season 3 was the plan when they were mapping out the characters arc.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I guess This Wasn't The Way :p

16. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah it's hard to say for certain but the first two seasons seemed to develop his character in a way to where he wouldn't be wearing his helmet as much for the later seasons of the show.

17. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    It's the Red Mod for me. I think his name is Skad...?