main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Mods' Picture Challenge - We Have Winners!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Feb 9, 2015.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello fellow NSWFF-ers!

We are more than a month into the new year, and we already have a great start to our tales told outside of a galaxy far far away. This time of year, our muses are bright, and our pens are itching to write - and so, we are providing you with added impetus to do so. That's right, it is time for a Mods' challenge! [face_dancing]

We are proud to present you with the Mods' Picture Challenge!

Your task, should you so accept, is simple . . .

The Challenge

We have all heard it said that a picture speaks a thousand words. For this challenge, pick a number from the sign-up sheet below, and from that number you will be assigned a picture to use as a prompt for your tale. With your picture as your inspiration, your job will then be to write a story, at least 1,000 words long, with that picture as your subject and inspiration. There is no word limit to your stories, and we encourage you to let your muses to go wild – although, remember, only what you have completed and posted in a chaptered story by the deadline will be eligible for the voting. Also remember that within those chapters that you have posted, your 'picture' must be clearly visible.

Your story may be posted at any time from the opening of this thread, until the deadline, and once posted, feel free to provide a link for your story in this thread. Also, please remember to put [Mods' Picture Challenge] in your subject line, so that the stories are easy to find.

The Voting

The winner will be decided by voting. So, when the time comes, choose which entries you thought to use their picture-inspiration in the most creative manner, and PM that and a second place vote, as well, to one of your NSWFF mods.

Everyone may vote – not only those who wrote entries. As a matter of fact, we encourage any and all to vote! Remember, though, do not vote for yourself, or vote with socks.

Winning

Scoring will be based on votes. Each vote for 1st place will be 2 points, a vote for 2nd place will be worth 1 point. The person with the most total points will win 1st place, 2nd most votes 2nd place and so on. Three prizes will be awarded:

1 Week of colors for 1st place
    72 hours of colors for 2nd place
    24 hours for 3rd place

The Deadlines

Your stories are due by March 22nd, 11:59 board time
    Your votes are due by March 29th, 11:59 board time

Now, that said, let's get started! :)

Sign-up Sheet

01. SatineNaberrie
    05. RX_Sith
    09. Mira_Jade
    13. SabyneAmberle
    15. Willard Decker
    18. DaenaBenjen42
    24. mavjade
    27. Ewok Poet
    28. NYCitygurl
    30. earlybird-obi-wan

The Stories

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-trek-inspired-by-a-painting-mods-picture-challenge.50027320/#post-52151704][/url]"Inspired by a painting", (Star Trek), by earlybird-obi-wan
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/robocop-the-series-ripples-and-waves-mods-picture-challenge.50028259/#post-52228303][/url]"Ripples and Waves", (Robocop: The Series), by DaenaBenjen42
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-trek-cerulean-terrells-gambit.50028277/][/url]"Terrell's Gambit" (Star Trek), by Willard Decker

(Not Eligible for Voting)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/thor-gotg-awaken-a-young-sun-sif-gamora-mods-picture-challenge-response-part-i-up-2-22.50027557/#post-52168307][/url]"awaken a young sun", (Thor/Guardians of the Galaxy), by Mira_Jade
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-the-force-awakens-reys-sunrise-possible-episode-7-spoilers.50028561/][/url]"Rey's Sunrise" (Star Wars), by RX_Sith

The Winners

First Place:
    Second Place:
    Third Place:

~ NSWFF Mods

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woohoo! So excited for this :D

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have not written a fanfic on any other subject since 2003-2004 or so. So, sign me up and give me number 27. :)

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Mwaha! We have our first victim - erm, participant, I mean. Sending your picture now. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sounds like fun! Can I participate as non-eligible for winning?? :D

I'll take number 24, please!

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The more the merrier, mavjade! I'm sending that out now.

And, speaking of non-eligible for voting, would anyone care to pick out a number for me? I'd love to participate, as well. :D

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Sure. In combination with what I said in the PM, make that number 3 3 3....9.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I like it. Nine it is!

Thank-you. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll go for it as a not-eligible-to-win person, too! Th random number generator says 28.

10. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I'll give this a go as well. I'll try my usual lucky number...13.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And the pictures are sent! :)

Anyone else? [face_batting]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  14. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    hmm maybe I'll give this a try. Any number please

NYCitygurl likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan - Woot! Thanks for fitting us into your schedule. I can't wait to see what you come up with! [:D]

SatineNaberrie - How about good ol' number one? :D Thanks for joining in!

Nyota's Heart - Aaaand, speaking of people I would like to see pick a number . . . [face_batting] ;)

Your pictures are on their way within the next few minutes . . . :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aaaaand the deadline for the stories is already tomorrow and we only have one entry done eligible for voting. Is there anyone who would like an extension on that to have more time to work on their entries? :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, please. Work is killing me. A week or two would be grand!

20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    If you're still giving 'em out, can I have #18?

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ewok Poet - Thank-you for the feedback! How does the 22nd sound for everyone, in that case? :)

DaenaBenjen42 - Most certainly! And that goes for anyone - even if you don't get a story done in time for the challenge, these prompts are always open for writers. We are just eager to see more stories going. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    22nd is awesome. :)

23. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I got wrapped up with a zillion other things, so the 22nd would work great for me too. :D

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That's excellent to hear! The 22nd it is, then. :)

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Count me as another one who is glad for the extension! :D

Mira_Jade likes this.