main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The most useless fact you know

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 30, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Think about it for a moment or two. Then compare it to this list:

Useless facts

Not sure how to define "useless".

Off the top of my head and not on the list; There was no "The Force" in SW original drafts and everyone could wield some kind of laser sword.

A thing I found interesting from the link(throw such a thing in with your post if you wish):

?Bingo is the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack box

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/fanboy.jpg]

"Tron is not the film that broke the bank at Disney in 1983, contrary to popular belief. No, Tron came out in 1982 - three years after The Black Hole, which was moviedom's equivalent to the Hindenburg."

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yesterday i learned that "cwm" is a valid scrabble word. apparently it's pronounced "koom" and is a type of valley.

4. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.

A platypus is actually venomous.

"Ginormous" is a real word.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The land-speed record for a squirrel on a skateboard is 57mph.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the first film to have a McDonalds Happy Meal tie-in.

7. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Your mom really does like it when I do that to her.

8. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    when you die you just completely cease to exist.

actually, i don't know if that's the most useless fact i know but it's definitely the most reassuring one.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Sebulba is from Pixelito, Malastare [face_monkey]

...my brain made space for that...probably lost a heart warming memory of my children over it.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's a board on a Star Wars forum dedicated solely to pancakes and waffles.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Soon after the printing press was invented, there was a guy arrested in Paris for selling Bibles on a street corner. The French police thought the guy was worshiping Satan because the Bibles all looked exactly the same.

This useless but fun fact brought to you by my foundations course in library school.

12. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    George Lucas lost his virginity on a Friday.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Anything regarding Star Wars, A Song of Ice and Fire, Lord of the Rings, television shows, and U.S. politics.

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I know how to delete a board.

15. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Some of those "facts" I noticed in that link have been debunked for a while, e.g., the ones about ingesting spiders and goldfish memories. There's probably other ones on there that I didn't see.

16. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    I can't wait until you snap.

17. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005

I can report that I know precisely the timing and circumstances under which said forum was created. Furthermore, I even participated in its early days.

Good times.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's also generic Welsh for valley, too.

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    There's a section of the city of Los Angeles that has a Beverly Hills zip code, but all services are still run by the City of Angels.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Pretty much every fact I know is useless.

I am a delight to talk to.

Amazing.

21. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    The original incarnation for Disney's Haunted Mansion ride was going to be a Ripley's Believe-it-or-Not style walk-through called "Professor Crump's Museum of the Weird". While the show was re-written to be the spookhouse that we all know and love today, certain design elements of PCMOTW survived...the statues that turn to face you, the grim organist, Madame Leota's seance room, and the evil faces in the wallpaper among them.

Also, when the ghost house idea became the de facto plan, the original ending involved the riders being chased through the graveyard by none other than the headless horseman from Ichabod and Mr. Toad. It was deemed too intense, so they revamped it into the whimsical version ghost party we have today.

22. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A rabbit is one of the only mammals whose scrotum is in front of his penis

23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    The first ever American football game was played on November 6, 1869 (my birthday, incidentally--though 111 years before my actual birth) between Rutgers College (now Rutgers University) and New Jersey College (now Princeton University). Rutgers defeated a much bigger and heavily favored Princeton team 6-4 in a game that far more closely resembled what is known throughout the world as football but which Americans call soccer, with a few rugby variants. American football as we know it wouldn't evolve for another ten more years thanks largely to the innovations introduced by Walter Camp.

This first ever college football game was played on a random quad on Rutgers's campus (now the home of a gymnasium) by players in suspenders and no helmets, with a crowd of around a hundred or so sitting on carriages, doing cheers and chants based on Civil War marching songs. Sources differ over the Rutgers treatment of the Princeton players after the game. Pro-Princeton sources claim they were run out of town on horseback, while pro-Rutgers sources say both teams enjoyed an amicable dinner after the game before the Princeton players returned home in peace.

Princeton thoroughly creamed Rutgers in the rematch the following week, winning 8-0, since they were playing at Princeton under Princeton rules. Those were the only two games that year.

I...really like football trivia, apparently. :p

Yep. It's a Welsh word. :-B

24. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Chris Matthews worked for Tip O'Neill.

25. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    My password for these boards.