main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft 2: Census and Games' Bogus Journey [Shadow_of_Durron wins!]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    It makes Inty's copy and paste job that much easier.

I assume.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    copy/paste easier, also keeps me from remembering which movie/series when I go to look for the person to delete them from the draftable list.

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Gotcha, I suppose that makes sense. Seeing as we are going in alphabetical order of the film/series name rather than character's name.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Lestat interesting first round choice.

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    ~Killing Gift: Which in the novel was gained by drinking the blood of Akasha, and can be used to kill mortals with nothing more than a thought.

I'm goign to have to try to research this one. Or you can give out a few examples.

6. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Without going back to read up again, I can't give any specific examples. Basically from what I remember though the vampires in Anne Rice novels just pick a victim and wish them dead, IIRC it is basically like giving a mortal an aneurysm or massive stroke.

This doesn't appear to work on any kind of supernatural being, just mortals.

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Finally, Duncan is useful for something!

8. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Not really because Lestat could use his Fire Gift, which does work on immortals. ;) :p

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah ummm no.

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Ummmm....yeah. Care to explain why you think otherwise? Is Duncan immune to being lit up via internal combustion? Nope.

11. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    nice pick D1...not my first rounder...but very solid

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I am still happy I didn't recant on my word and pick Neo, I was really close to doing so. :p

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    And when the championship match comes down to Lestat and Neo facing off, it will come back to bite you. :p

I haven't even looked at this list. I suppose that is a bad thing, isn't it?

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I would be happy to argue that match. :D

EDIT: How strange, I was just looking for something to watch on television and on USA they are playing Queen of the Damned. [face_thinking]

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Well, I haven't either. If it's bad, let's be bad together.

16. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    The Difference: You're fourteenth....I'm fourth.

Either way, yeah sounds good to me. :p

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
  18. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Well, I'm on the clock now and I haven't done a decent check yet. Neo looks pretty good... but I gotta check the list. Pick to be made (relatively) soon.

19. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Perhaps I'm an idiot with this pick, but I don't see anyone else I'd rather have. Super strength, near invulnerability, time altering, able to open dimensional portals... the moral ambiguity that helps with choosing an affiliation is pretty good this early in the draft.

I'll pick Illyria, of Angel.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Illyria_Buffyverse.jpg]

"I play this game. It is pointless, and annoys me. Yet I am compelled to keep playing."

And that quote cracks me up, especially when I take it in context of this draft. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    w00tness.

I'm going to pick...

Neo (The Matrix)

Shocker, who saw that one coming?

21. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    [face_hypnotized]
    [face_plain]
    [face_plain]
    [face_plain]
    :mad:

arrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!

You just completely took my 3rd round pick, Kiwi! *kicks over chair* *smashes stuff* *etc, etc*

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! Why did you have to ruin my plan? It was a good plan, a fun plan, a happy plan. I wasn't all that concerned with making a championship team, not going to be around too much and all. Just an enjoyable team that would've been solid, above-average, but almost certainly not the overall best when you stepped back and looked at all the pieces. But... but the first three picks are... they're key! And you ruined it!

Way too early, btw. ;) High 3rd round, at the earliest. And come on, you can do better than that quote.

22. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Channeling Von Karma there Shurron? :p

Eh, screw it. If I stuffed up, I stuffed up. Still not sure I can see 30 better picks than her. Any particular reasons she's not all that?

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well I see 23 of 'em, all grouped together nice and neat. ;) Aside from that, I see maybe 25 or so (at a quick glance) that are either clearly better, slightly better or right around the same level. But hey, I ain't judging.

And yeah, she is all that. Just... not in a #2 overall kind of way.

24. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    kiwi - solid pick...kinda high...but it should work out

jk - nice pick...1st rd material...but not the bad @$$ he was last draft

25. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Beasts don't count when you can pick them anytime (and I really don't care which one is better or not). The others... I may be overestimating her time powers. ::shrugs::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.