main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft (Champion/Dude/EF/Duncan lol/Winner --- EmpireForever!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    The beast list isn't for powerful people. It's for beasts. So, no, that wouldn't make sense. :p

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Your face doesn't make sense, you girl.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    What, you don't like the teeth? :-B

:(

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Clark is very suseptable to magic. I mean he never managed to put his fist through lanas face before she used magic, admitedly thats because she is lana and he loves her. Perhaps we should ban the arguement that Clark could superspeed and kill someone before they manage to magic him.

Team battles would kill clark, especially with the prep involved.

And if there is krytonite and magic, then Clark is very screwed.

Clark may be extremely tough, and practically unbeatable. But given the right situation, say a prep or a magic user. Then he will go down.

And for the record Clark would own Neo's ass. Hes much faster, and has also shown some fighting prowess, especially in "Combat."

So the lowdown, yes hell be able to take down Neo, and alot other. But then again hell lose to the magic users like Gandalf and Saruman.

5. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    All the Zoners powers are able to effect Clark, and they aren't Kryptonite infected as far as I can tell. They are just really tough, like Kane in Combat

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    So basically you want to ban Clark from using a speedblitz against only magic using characters, and allow them one free shot?

Lame, especially against someone like Voldy who will just cast a death curse and be done with the match. If we have to start making special case rules for people then it isn't worth it, just leave him off the list IMHO.

7. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I agree with Despised and Tyi. When a guy hasn't shown any proof of being injured whatsoever by physical means, I would say that's a little much. Magic users would be useless, the easy argument is that they would barely be able to see Clark, because he'd be moving so fast from the getgo. Too powerful, I say leave him off.

Bart, I put another giant turtle on the list, just the wrong one. Yours could easily replce it, I think the one I used starts with a k. Kmobiadans, or something weird like that.

And I suggested both of those agents, just because they are awesome choices for villain teams. We have plenty of guys who bring pretty much the same things from one show, and these guys are actually damn good. Brilliant trump, if you were so inclined to use it that way.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    after much discussion, Clark Kent (Smallville) will not be on the list. No way.

Anyone want to make a plea for another Smallville character before I finalize the list?

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Anyone who is gonna be anywhere near good enough for this draft hasnt really had enough action on Smallville to warrant any feats. And the other ones that could would probably be too powerful.

What about Bart Allen. Sure he can superspeed, but hes not invincible, he has been taken out on smallville before, and well if someone is too tough for him to damage then well eventuallly hell lose.

Oh and D1, about the not allowing the speedball thing, I never said anything about getting a free shot.

I guess the arguement would impose a rule, that is kinda like the rule that no time travellers are allowed to go back in time and kill there opponent when there a baby.

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Actually, against movie versions of those (which is what we're playing with) he, well, wouldn't lose. :)

Who are the Zoners again? I can't seem to recall that name...

No.

:p

I can see that they are, and they are quite good individuals themselves. To me, though, they are, well, identical. It's almost like having two of the same character in the draft. I only ask because they are reasonably powerful - middle of the road - and am wondering if we need them both? :)

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm actually starting to see Tyi's point of view. What happens if they go to different teams, and get called to face each other? How do we possibly judge the winner of that match?

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You can't. Lose one.

I don't know their names, but are both of the albino twins on there as well? I would suggest taking one of them off as well if that is the case.

And I'd say no one has hurt Clark because he hasn't fought anyone worth a lick...ever. It's ALWAYS someone who is infected with kryptonite, or magic, or they are kyrptonian as well. He doesn't have the opponents for this draft.

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Not true EF.

Infact he has hardly fought another Kryptonian, the closest it came too was when Zod possessed Lex.

The others were other Zoners (oh btw Zoners are people that escaped from the Phantom Zone with Clark for whoever asked.)

They are other species.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Oh, and the Toxic Avenger should be on that list. :D

Also, Shinzon should be one of the Star Trek names, IMO.

And I didn't see the Sky High characters on the last list. Are they making it on? They prolly should. A few of them, anyways.

15. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    All of the people he released from the Phantom Zone have been able to hurt him. There was the guy that was Bow Wow and had electic powers or something, the plant lady, and Kane in one of last episode, and Zod. Non of Clarks powers really work either against them. However, he did get pretty made and really take it Kane. Non of them have super speed either and they could hit him

16. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Just a couple of more suggestions to add, since no one has brought them up:

The Monk (Bulletproof Monk)
    Kar (Bulletproof Monk)

David Dunn (Unbreakable)

I dunno, just saw Unbreakable on TV, and thought why not? And I happen to have liked Bulletproof Monk.

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Than what is this....

You specifically said that Clark couldn't use superspeed or kill a magic user until they were able to "magic him", if that doesn't mean giving magic users a free shot than what exactly does it mean?

18. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ha, like someone said above, Clark would pwn either of those two. What's Gandalf going to do, heat up Clark's pinky?

I'm glad we're not using Clark. Too much power, and he's already in another draft anyways.

Damn, I just typed up a long post on this, but realized that I was mistaken. Just saw in a picture here (second one) that the three agents that appear in the beginning of Reloaded aren't the same as Jones, from the first film. I thought they were the same, and thus, Jones would obviously be the second best agent after Smith, as Neo clearly says that they're "upgrades".

I thought wrong. I agree with you two, that only one of the agents from the first film should be used, because they are definately identical, from what I can tell. Still, it would be neat to find a way to include the "upgrades" from the second film, as they're obviously better, and faster.

Just a thought.

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I really think Gamera should replace the other turtle. Not only does Gamera bring more versatility to the table from a normal fighting perspective, but he would also be another flying addition.

20. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

Sorry, by that I meant, before they have the chance to magic him.

But yes, what would have been my favourite character in any draft ever, is much too powerful for it. LOL.

21. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    So 21 beasts. I think that's a decent enough size.

Anguirus
    Baragon
    Battra
    Destoroyah
    Gabara
    Gamera
    Gigan
    Godzilla
    Hedorah
    King Caesar
    King Ghidorah
    King Kong
    Manda
    Megalon
    Mechagodzilla
    Monster X
    Mothra
    Orga
    Rodan
    Space Godzilla
    Titanosaurus

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    :mad: GAM...oh.

[face_dancing]

Carry on.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks for the hard work on the beast list, Zizz.

I'll decide the exact number to use based on the number of GMs.

I think I'll do 16 guaranteed spots, with up to 20 available if there's interest.

That 21'll work if we have 16 or 18, but I'll add probably 2-3 more if there's 20 GMs.

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I still have no idea what that means, it sounds like you are saying that they should be able to finish at least one spell before he can speedblitz and kill them. :confused:

PS: Just another addition to consider, the dragon and rider team of Eragon and Saphira. It would seem like they would be best if put together and then slapped on the Beast List.

I just wanted to toss that out there, wether or not they are considered one pick or seperated is no concern to me really.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Also ... Zizz ... everyone on that list minus King Kong is a Godzilla beast, yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.