main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic The Mr. and Miss ACG pagent is back!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by NeutralSock, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeutralSock

NeutralSock Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2003
    Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is right! The second bi-annual Mr. and Miss ACG pagent has reached your forum!

I am NeutralSock. Yes, I am a sock. Just to quiet any suspections you may have, I am a long time ACGer, as is my partner in the pagent, who shall remain nameless. The two of us thought this would be a great time to have a little fun, and have our own pagent!

The rules are simple and as follows:

1) Anyone who wants to play, PM me and tell me why you think you should be Mr. or Miss ACG. These can be as funny or as serious as you want. These will be posted in the pagent thread for everyone to see.

2) Contestants agree this is just for fun, and will not be upset with any results that come down.

3) Contestants will have three days to "campaign." On Friday, December 12th, two polls will be made, one for Mr. ACG, and one for Miss ACG.

3) No sock votes; only recognized members of the ACG are allowed to vote, who have posted for at least two months in the ACG.

4) Voters will NOT post who they voted for, only a post which says, "I voted," so we can keep track of how many legit people voted vs. how many votes there are. Of course, there is no way to track the votes, so all we ask is that you please be honest. We're relying on the honour system here.

5) All results are final, pending voting in the poll.

6) Titles last for six months, than another pagent will be held. These are not official titles, just something interesting you can put in your sigs and bios.

Any questions? If so, then ask away! You can PM me your write-ups anytime between now and Tuesday evening. Remember, the earlier you get your PM in, the more time you will have to run! The polls will be up on the night of Friday, Dec. 12th. Remember, this is all in fun. So let the fun begin!

2. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Well, I have a write-up from Ton_G. Is anyone else going to jump in on this?

3. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    So this is where we can post!

4. thecleric007

thecleric007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, a place to post!!!!

The Cleric 007

5. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, I did spell precious wrong, but thats counterbalanced by the Grammar Policeman!

6. thecleric007

Oct 3, 2003
    Hmmmm, well, I can't spell either and I'm an English major, so I guess I'll let you off...this time. :p:p:p

The Cleric 007

7. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Well, due to lack of response so far, I'm going to extend this pagent to the weekend. Everyone should have their write-ups in by Saturday night, and we will vote on Monday. We need at least two people for each catagory in order for this to work. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    So, are previous winner allowed to run again? :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    well, i am. :p

10. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    What? Competition, egads now I have to prove myself as the best choice? LOL...I suppose so.

11. thecleric007

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh, poor Ton...good luck with that! :p

The Cleric 007

12. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Good luck, Ton_G. You're gonna need it. :p

13. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    I have write-ups from Ton_G and AT-ST_Driver. So if anything, we can at least have a run-off for Mr. ACG. Any girls going to jump in? You have until tonight.

14. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Pffft, you shouldn't be allowed to enter if you won last time.

15. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i think someone's just a wee bit jealous. :p

16. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I sent in my write up. It's crap, but oh well.

17. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    It's not like you have any competition. :p

18. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, if I win, I'll um....give everybody candy cane ice cream.

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    What, am I not competition? :p

20. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    If win...you'll...all...get...

Various Ton_G Memorailia! Yes!

That's right Ton_G's socks, steward ties, blazers, rugby cleats and and stomach ball bearing!

Definately worth voting for!

21. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    What, am I not competition?
    No, because you haven't announced your plans to run. or if you did, i missed them.

and i'll offer something real to my suporters (unlike the certain unnamed opponant of mine) and that is:

The Official AT Seal of Approval. The only real way to know whether or not you're cool (people with said symbol = cool).

22. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    A symbol? Lol, thats rich, memorabilia, now you can't beat that! And...coupons for Ton_Gnopoly! That's right GM for a day Coupons!

23. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    I should be Miss ACG because I'm just so darn cute and cuddly.

Anyway, I'm always right in the middle of the random insanity that is so important to ACG. Plus, no one can deny that Atlantic Canada is my home, which makes me an ideal candidate to represent it.

Hmmm... it appears that i was wrong. I did not see this at the time of any previous statements. I can admit i'm wrong. I wonder if my "competition" has the same abilities? Hmmm... seems doubtful. :p

EDIT:
    A symbol? Lol, thats rich, memorabilia, now you can't beat that!

All you offer is memories of a distant past, clouded with your own egotry. I offer a glorious part in the wonderful future that is ahead of us.

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Silly boys. :p

25. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Ah, my memorabilia collection is dear to me, it is like giving a peice of myself away...despite how it pains me, I would give myself to my duty as MR. ACG. Am I not selfless?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.