main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I finished sculpting on the belt buckles last night and got them primed. I'll put a base coat on them tonight when I get home, and then detail them tomorrow night. Should have them done and with me this weekend.

2. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Mike: I got a con 'care package' from my buddy Mike at Dark Horse. Some posters, stickers, cards, and book marks for the freebie table. I'll bring it all on Friday morning with the stuff for the con suite give-away. I've got a few t-shirts and a book, and my boss is going to let me have some promo stuffs from work. I'll put together a gift bag or two from that.

Lin

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Man, I wish we had more promo stuff. We could sacrifice a Hockey Jersey, but I'd honestly rather save it for a future member than waste it on someone who may never wear it.

We could put Sal in a gift bag. (That's what he gets for not posting in nearly three months! :p )

4. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    woe woe woe woe woe woe woe!!!! FINALLY TheDarknessX has come back to The Force dot Net!!!!

5. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Gift Bag!!!! What in the blue milk will I be doing in a gift bag! I cant even begin to think of what might happen if I were to fall in the wrong hands (no fur underware for a costume PLEASE!!!) WOOOO it feels great to be back on the Boards and I cant wait for con... I have been holding in all my checks of all them summa ma biskitz!

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Good to have ya back, Sal! Tim and I can't keep the sarcasm levels up around here without ya! Lord knows the MSC costume contest just wouldn't be the same without you.

Be sure to bring any SMT freebie stuffs you may have left to MSC. I've still got a stack of blue flyers left over from ShadowCon. Man, that reminds me- I need to do some for my cafeshop to put out on the table.

Maybe we can work on some SMT promo stuff after MSC. I WILL do something cool for TimmyCon...just not sure exactly what yet! I've got a couple poster parody ideas, as well as some toon ideas I need to get on.

7. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    SAl! you have returned to us!

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, that reminds me- How many folks do we have staying on Saturday night at MSC? I counted six at the last (Tim C., Sal, Lin, Rhonda, Traci, and me.) I may try and finagle a fast one here and change the arrangements. I might be able to get us more room for just a few bucks more, if that's OK with everyone. (See edit below.)

And Sal- You have to wear the costume. That's a command from Emperor PalpaTim. Either that, or we put you in a fur loin cloth and make you wear a dog collar, and you know just what kind of women you'll attract that way!!! (You know we ain't talking graceful, lithe Twi'leks, here! Think of the other dancer in Jabba's Palace!!!! I have ways of making you costume! :p )

EDIT: Never mind about the room thing. I guess I screwed around too long. My bad. You can kill me later.

OK....Who is going to need an air mattress? I have two twins and one queen. You'll have to provide your own sleeping bag/sheets/blankets/pillows/etc.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I need to pay for my part of the room, but don't know if I'll be around until next weekend. Just let me know and maybe I can drop it by Pam's during lunch one day next week.

I'm bringing what I have of my costume and wearing my normal clothes for most of the day. I don't plan on putting my vest and pants on until whatever time we do whatever we're doing. I'll be in normal clothes when we are partying down probably.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Nuh-uh, Rhonda- You gotta sweat with the rest of us, girlfriend!!! (Where the blasted "Oh-no-you-di'n't" smiley at this site?)

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Friday night is SMT Hockey Jersey night? Right? 'cuz I'm not getting into costume until Saturday afternoon. 8-}

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh, no. [image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/mf_emoticon_whatevaho.gif] I don't sweat. 8-} I don't even wear my business suits all day. I'm a comfy freak, but I'll do a couple hours for cause.

13. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    See I dont need a costume for con I will just get comfy with Rhonda...

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Uh huh..... How about I just whip y'all up some tabbards to match your sweats and bathrobes.

15. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    OOOHHHH!!! I know can you sow some letters on the back of the robes? BMF on mine!

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    How about I just embroider the web address for our boards on your sweats instead? Then maybe you might remember to join us here every now and then! :p

(How was that for sarcasm? I've been working on my technique. Still not a master like you are, Sal.)

17. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    When does everyone plan on getting to the con on Friday?

Chuck

18. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    If I can, believe me I will stop by. ^_^

And sadly, I've not even begun on my Maul costume. I'm kinda hoping that I can get some help on it in the future...as long as it's ready by Celebration 3. Oh, and I saw Jay's costume! It looks absolutely great, Tim! The fabric for the cloak is awesome!

Hehehehe. Costume...how about "Mundane Star Wars Psycho Chick Brandishing a Plastic Lightsaber"? :p

-Darth Grace*

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Chuck: I have no idea as far Friday is concerned. I'm debating if I want to do the Wizard's Chess thing. I sent an email to Greg about it, asking how long it will take.

It really all depends on my workload on Friday. I'm hoping to be done by mid-morning. I know that check-in is at 3:00, so Traci and I should arrive around then, unless I do decide to do the chess game.

What time are the 501st guys getting there?

20. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    all day friday....

as far is i know none of us are gonna be costuming friday night.most of us work all day friday so id expect the majority to be arriving well after 9pm.a few were planning on being there around noon friday to go swimming.
    turn your FRS radios on to channel 5 sub 01 to pick up any imperial chatter.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- This just in from Dana @ MSC:

The Wizard's Chess game will start at three and last until five pm. You don't need to know anything about chess to take part. All they want is a board full of costumed characters, and a little drama when a piece captures another. (No disintegrations, please.) If they don't have enough folks, they'll end up using cardboard cut-outs, which will look like crapola if they do get a TV crew to show up to cover the opening of not only the game, but of MSC's opening.

Since it won't eat up much time, I'm thinking of participating if things pan out at work. If we can get any of our fellow SW costumers involved, then it would be even better. (SW costumers taking it over would be better than that!)

Skip: Swimming? I don't remember the hotel having an indoor pool. Are y'all going polar-bearing or something?

22. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    thats what i thought too.
    one of our guys said he's gonna go swimming.ill have to email him and see where he got that info.

23. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    dude, I think it's a requirement that the people who make patterns be crazy, because rarely do I get one that fits right. Did you guys get it figured out? I can usually do it if it's too big, but too small... :\

I'm going to ask if I can get off work in time to change and come up to do the Chess game... should know tomorrow. Anything else of note going on on friday?

24. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    my friend ,TK-6873, from nashville thought this hotel had an indoor pool.i asked him so he checked.the hotel DOES have a pool but it is outdoors.

25. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I think I'll do the chess game too. I will check with the others to see if they want to participate.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.