main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Multi-Fiction Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 24, 2020.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you're copying my strategy of copying other people's strategies.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This entire article makes me want to end up like the end of Event Horizon...

https://mcdonalds.fandom.com/wiki/Mayor_McCheese

3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    which means my strategy of copying is superior to yours.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    honestly mcdonaldland being based on h.p. lovecraft makes a ton of sense.

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But, like, legitimately I can't tell if that's true or they meant H.R. Puffnstuff from the lawsuit -- but you're absolutely correct that because I can't tell the difference, this says a whole lot about McDonaldland!

tom and DarthIntegral like this.
  6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    He owns multiple things not bat shaped. And how soon you forget his undercover work:

[​IMG]

Also, you are arguing a guy who can't figure out Riddles and Joker's sick games can't play The Price is Right? The guy literally solves puzzles almost every episode or follows clues. And as far as training for any of these games? We're talking ninjas, escape artists, etc. So I think Batman being thrown by regular prizes is not going to bother him. If this were Bale Batman, you might have a different argument. But animated Batman? Nope.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Lol @ arguing against Batman

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    right? i forgot that solving puzzles and fighting ninjas means you can easily memorize the price of every item in the grocery store. my bad.

here's an idea. maybe batman could use his millions of dollars to buy adama that damn dinette set.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's not forget, you could just agree to fight to the death instead of doing pricing games.

10. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Im a little disappointed I didn’t get to the tiebreaker but on the other hand I’m fairly certain Drunk Superman just 1v10s my entire team in a fight to the death so it’s probably a moot point either way.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    At least you got the consolation prize of Shawn and Gus winning vs Superman?

12. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Direct action. Redistribute the wealth.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    tom likes this.
  13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    correct. And then because I didn’t get the tiebreaker only they have to die. It’s a win-win.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Adama would never accept. He wants to earn it. That's the type of guy he is. I will say, Maria is also looking at it. She did have to abandon hers when she fled the nazis so she's also looking to rebuild.

Okay, are you going to argue that with 24 hours prep, the likes of Sherlock, Felicity and Batman can't memorize those exact prices? With LMD Coulson as well I might add- A known collector and knower of useless trivia. And Cap-who literally spent a movie making a list of things to learn so he was caught up with the world. Also, Drake Mallard is a typical stay at home single dad so he probably knows most of the prices you mention. Also, Hal Jordan was living on a test fighter pilot's salary so he's not exactly on the same level as billionaire Bruce Wayne.

Not to mention Felicity was also a normal worker before marrying Oliver. And Oliver traveled the world, worked for shadowy government agencies, has lost his fortune, has been in prison, and has been the mayor. So if we're talking about a person familiar with economics - Ollie and Felicity also should not be underestimated. And Sherlock, well, he'd just look at all the tells the items give and deduce the price- or more likely, deduce what the other team would answer and outsmart them that way. And yeah also Lara Croft has her own experiences with puzzles and games on a more life/death scenario so she also shouldn't be underestimated. Because if she guessed wrong in her line of work? The price is death.

And you are right, we could always just move on to the fight to the death. I leave it up to you.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yodaminch likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah, that threw me.

Did we settle on to the death or games? Good with either.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I didn't get a notification for the first tag, sorry. I'll get to this tonight.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

(notification system, not you)

cubman987 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh yeah. I’ll get on to it within the next couple hours.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't know how this battle turned into cannibalism... You guys never cease to amaze me.

----------------------------

Kermit the Frog, Hi and Ed McDunnough, Cameron, Magnum Pi, The Log Lady, Bombaata, Star-Burns, Mayor McCheese, Kara "Starbuck:" Thrace, and Johnny Blaze

vs.

Batman, Sherlock Holmes, Admiral Bill Adama, Maria Von Trapp, Green Lantern, Dr. Zoidberg, Darkwing Duck, Agent Phil Coulson (LMD), Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak, Captain America, and Carl Weathers

It sounds like everyone decided to settle on playing the games, so based on that, I can confidently give this win to Yoda's team. He literally has a team full of geniuses that are all prepared. Guessing the price down to the dollar or cent may even be tricky for these people though, which is where Batman and his tech comes into play. He could literally look at a price and be told everything about it, down to the elements it's made out of.

Then we have plinko. With a team of heroes as accurate as Bats, Cap and Arrow, that plinko disc is going exactly where they want it to. If worst comes to worst, Green Lantern can do a lot with that ring of his.

The Doctor, Mac and Charlie, Winston, Ignatius J Reilly, Frank Drebin, Ya-Yoon, Genos, Kris Statlander, Constatine, Roland of Gilead, Haruko, and Alita

vs.

Babe, Pam, Yi, James Bond, Zack Morris, Buster Bluth, Luicille Two, Ned Flanders, Frylock, Jessica Fletcher, Selene, and Fezzik

This one is a lot tougher. ASW has a lot of overpowered assassin type characters, some even from the future, that would be hard to imagine them even attempting to play on a game show like this. There are certainly characters on your team that would do well, but Heels on the other hand only has a few characters completely out of their depth, like Babe, Andre the Giant and Selene.

Plinko on the other hand would be dominated by Roland with his bullets breaking the laws of physics. But I'm sure Selene and Bond could pull off something equally as impressive. If it was a fight to the death, then that'd be an entirely different outcome.

Long story short, Yodaminch and Heels get my votes.

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. a star war

May 4, 2016
    It is a fight to the death as soon as Ja doesn’t get her way

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I am in agreement.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Guys, think about what you're doing -- you're voting for heels.

Darth Punk likes this.
  25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I like to think of it as voting against you.