main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Muppets

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 24, 2011.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I didn't see much in the way of a "new" direction, except perhaps some nods at more nostalgia. I mean, yes, there was the fourth wall breaking about a new direction, but it felt like a continuation of the show we'd seen for the first half of the season. An enjoyable episode, but not the best.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It was fine, nicely meta in talking about tweaking the show to improve ratings. And them deciding to do more musical numbers to achieve this is pretty much perfect.

Ezio Skywalker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How are the ratings with this show since the retool? I love it, but it feels a lot of people are hating on it.

4. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Not very well it's been below a 1.0 in the demo.

I've enjoyed the show especially Pepe and Uncle Deadly those two have just slayed me

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    If I hadn't been told there was a tweak, I'd not have noticed. In fact, I cant actually tell what has changed, other than possibly a few more minutes of musical performance per episode. They're still doing lame fat jokes.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well the season finale aired, how did this go overall (aside from divebombing in the ratings).

Guess we'll get another primetime Muppet show in 20 years...

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Unfortunate. I really enjoyed this show.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Still say they should have gone with the variety show.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The last variety show done in the 90's didn't do well either.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    TV show is cancelled.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn. Well, I still have two episodes left, so I'll have to savor them. This series was pretty great, I'll be sad to see it go. It did more with the franchise than the last several movies.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I loved the show and I'm sad to see it go. As I've said before, it definitely felt like "30 Rock" with the Muppets which some people liked and some people didn't hence the "re-tooling" in the 2nd half of the season. I applaud the writers for trying something "new"-ish instead of attempting to rehash the Muppet Show yet again from the late 70s. If the writers wanted to do a Modern Family Muppets with two male Muppets kissing and adopting an Asian Muppet, I would totally support that show and watch every episode before it was cancelled.

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I wish they would have given it at least another season, I enjoyed it quite a bit. My wife is devastated, it was her favorite show (granted she only watches like 3 shows).

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Give it a couple of years and they'll do another show with a different format. Disney will want to get the most out of it.

15. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Lest we forget...

[​IMG]

16. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    This show was great. Too bad. But Disney has been on a cost-cutting rampage lately.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I finally got to watching the last two (actually three, since the last was a double) episodes. Nice finale with enough closure to be satisfying.

I'm really going to miss the show- the 30 Rock angle was brilliant and perfect. It let them explore the characters quite well.

It also turned Pepe into a god and Deadly into a source of at least one animated gif per episode ("This is the third least-important secret I'm keeping today.").

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thankfully, a happy coincidence in timing takes some of the edge off: Fozzie appeared as one of the comedians on "@"midnight last night (S3 E114; 5/24/16), alongside Schaal & Hodgeman.

Here's a link to the episode (Warning: Language, obviously): http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/b1k...ason-3-ep-03114?xrs=share_copy_email_cctveapp

18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I was a Huge fan of Muppets 2011 and last summer I bought it on Blu-Ray from Big Lots, I was also a big fan of Muppets Most Wanted and I just bought it from Amazon on Blu-Ray and I have to say Both films look fantastic in HD and the sound on my 42 Inch LG HD TV is incredible and that is with out a sound system! I saw both films In the theater and really had a blast and was humming all the songs and tapping my toes to the music! The villains in both films were great and I loved Walter in Muppets 2011 and MMW! Muppets 2011 had a very Muppets Movie/Muppets Show Nostalgia that I loved and MMW had a great Muppet Caper nostalgia that I loved as well! The new Muppets show IMHO was genius Basically it was a Muppets sitcom for Adults I absolutely loved It!

I think Disney Should give us one more film to make this a Trilogy Kind of like Jim did with The Muppets Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan. One Idea I have Is An epic Kermit and Piggy wedding with Guest stars Galore, and may be Disney can throw in some Sesame Street characters. I know what some would say to Kermit and Piggy finally tieing the knot; they already did it in Muppets Take Manhattan, but If we treat these films like Canon then In Muppets 2011 they were divorced. and the wedding scene in Muppets Take Manhattan I always thought was supposed to be dream like or Fantasy.

Another Idea Is Frank Oz's Muppets Movie Idea he hatched up years ago to have Gonzo Direct a movie that would be so bad it would be bound to fail, kind of a take on The Producers,[face_rofl]

I believe It was called The worst Muppet Movie Ever Made or something like that If you www.google.com the title I gave and Frank Oz you will get some hits If you haven't heard of It. Imagine all the famous Director Cameos they can get, Spielberg and George Lucas just to name a few! I think It would be Great to have Frank Oz Direct or Produce This one and get a writing credit!

Another throw away idea I have that I think could be a cute Idea Is A Muppets Star Wars spin off hey who knows but I think a movie is the way to go and my favorite Muppets are Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo, with Netflix and Disney teaming up in September after inking a deal TV shows and Movies could be on the Horizon either Netflix exclusives or Netflix Produced Theatrical Films although the budget would be lower but it gives me some hope ...:cool:

my bad it was called "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" the Frank Oz script...

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome back Hogthrob, Strangepork and Piggy. It's been over 20 years...

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's great, ha. Good use of Pepe too.

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Retrotastic.

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Still think they should at least attempt to do the Variety show again.

There's still the Muppet Babies reboot, which is nice.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait wait...what's the difference between Muppets and Sesame Street?