main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Rogue One The Music of Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Christopher Blair, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Oissan

Oissan Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    None of the movies are of poor quality. And why would a soundtrack somehow suffer from a movie being bad?
    A soundtrack for a bad movie can still be great, just like a great movie can have a lackluster soundtrack. The music doesn't suddenly turn worse just because the pictures shown aren't to your liking. If the music doesn't cut it, it is because it doesn't cut it, not because the movie itself is dragging it down.

Not that I generally disagree with the ST-soundtracks being a bit weaker. There is some great stuff in there, but the OT and PT went way beyond what was offered here.

KyleKartan likes this.
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I mean we could just discuss the Music of Rogue One without bashing other films or scores...

3. miasma

miasma Jedi Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    As someone who always liked Giacchino's music in "Lost," I really like "Your Father Would Be Proud" because it's very reminiscent of Giacchino's style from that show, just on a much grander scale. And while I appreciate all the nods Giacchino gives to Williams throughout the rest of the film, I love how "Your Father Would Be Proud" is 100% his own composition and style. There's a kind of deceptive simplicity to his style. It's not as elaborate or ornate as Williams' work tends to be, but it's great at delivering an emotional gut-punch when needed.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm a huge fan of Giacchino's Lost music. I rewatched the entire series this year and wound up listening to the scores for a few months. Fantastic!

5. EHT

EHT Anthology Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Sep 13, 2007
    I also really liked his work on the soundtrack for War for the Planet of the Apes.

Bor Mullet likes this.