main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts The Music of "Star Wars: Visions"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Master Jedi Fixxxer, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Greetings.

Yesterday, the soundtracks of all 9 "Star Wars: Visions" episodes were released digitally. I have mixed reviews about the show itself, since I absolutely loved 3-4 of the episodes and either did not care for the rest, or was actually hurting while watching a couple of them, but the music was phenomenal almost in all of them in my opinion.

What is your favorite soundtrack? For me it has to be The Village Bride, which also helped shape that as my favorite episode too.

Spotify and YouTube links - Part I:

The Duel - Keiji Inai

Tattooine Rhapsody - Yoshiaki Dewa

The Twins - Michiru Oshima

The Village Bride - Kevin Penkin feat. Emi Evans

The Ninth Jedi - Nobuko Toda & Kazuma Jinnouchi

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
  3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If there were a poll, I feel confident in saying The Village Bride would win. I really like the soundtracks for Akakiri and T0-B1 despite (or because of) their being so different from typical Star Wars music.

Bor Mullet, Sproj and DarthFixxxer like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Akakiri by a lot.

Village Bride is really great on its own (love listening to it), but IMO way too overpowering as a soundtrack, with the human vocals drowning out the other elements of the scenes.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just inject it all into my veins.

But if I have to pick, yeah Village Bride is sublime, and Ninth Jedi is greatly exhilarating.

Eternity_TARO and Sproj like this.
  6. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    The soundtracks were very good, but I came here to specifically comment on the standout that was Akakiri’s. The complete break with the other soundtracks really helped the short pull off the almost surreal nature, and it was very good overall.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Absolutely loved it. Seemed to intentionally divorce itself from western-inspired scores, and instead went for a more eastern, tribal mixed with electronic, semi-atonal soundscape, which was unsettling. A perfect match for both the surreal art style and the story (the declining mental and moral state of the main character) for what was, IMO, clearly the best of the Visions shorts. This soundtrack reminds me of Goransson's from Mandalorian in terms of its ambition.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    BookExogorth likes this.
  8. Eternity_TARO

Eternity_TARO Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2021
    I've always felt the music of Star Wars never gets enough credit. The music and sweeping scores of Star Wars just really create an entire galaxy all on their own

Sproj likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    100% agree. I also think some of the theme songs for characters even are absolutely iconic. I love Thrawn's theme as an example.