main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SWatB.com

SWatB.com Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2017
    In what language it is sung, and what words are sung, in season 4 "Clone Wars", on time in BluRay?:
    1 “Water war” 05 10, 16 20, 17 38, 18 46.
    4 “Shadow warrior” 17 36.
    10 “Carnage of Krell” 03 43.
    11 “Kidnapped” 07 06.
    12 “Slaves of the Republic” 19 19.
    14 “A friend in need” 08 53, 18 32, 19 33.
    17 “The box” 20 13.
    19 “Massacre” 03 53, 10 06, 11 09, 11 53, 14 01, 14 51, 15 30, 18 29, 19 35, 21 42.
    20 “Bounty” 12 19, 21 42.
    21 “Brothers” 00 53, 01 27, 02 46, 03 28, 04 34, 05 32, 05 38, 11 09, 14 38, 19 00.
    22 “Revenge” 03 04, 03 41, 03 53, 05 24, 07 13, 08 59, 11 55, 18 40, 19 44, 20 00, 21 02.

2. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I really like the songs Ahsoka Leaves, and Darth Maul breaks Obi-Wan.

3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Most of the music from this is amazing tbh.

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    "Ahsoka Leaves" was arguably the most moving piece of any SW score throughout the franchise; live action or animated. That was a full orchestral score in the season finale. Not too shabby.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah, they really did a good job on it. The song is so moving, it's one of the saddest of SW songs I think.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It really helped with the scene. I don't think the scene would've even been half as effective if it was digitized music (or none at all).

7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Kevin Kiner knocked it out of the park with this arc. Just magnificent.

This piece also has a perfect bit of mirroring with TCW's debut.

The five note ascending-descending motif that heralded Ahsoka's arrival as a Jedi Padawan...

...returns at last, in a much more reflective key, at the very moment she cuts her ties with the Jedi:

I often wondered during those dark years if this would have become Ahsoka's new theme in her post-Jedi life. Though it works fine that they kept her established one. After all, she still acts a lot like a Jedi despite constantly denying being one.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    RaptorMusic and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  8. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    You had to put that Ahsoka leaving....

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Looking forwards to hearing Kiner's (assuming Kiner once again composes) new music to the Siege of Mandalore when it eventually comes out :)

That raises another question though: If some of the new eps being released are the same as the animatics previously released, then will Kiner finally be able to provide a score to those eps? Or will they just continue with the temp track of reused music like the story reels?

Guidman likes this.
  10. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    They undoubtedly will have entirely new scores written for them, hopefully by Kevin and his team from Rebels (by that, I mean, it seems Takeshi Furukawa has since moved on, as-well as Jared Foreman who worked on Rebels, and Kevin's sons Sean & Dean have since started working with him); it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't. As for them finishing some of the episodes released as story reels, well, just look at the shot of Anakin, Rex and Hunter on Anaxes; that's clearly the opening shot from A Distant Echo, so we're at-least getting the Bad Batch arc! Although, this is said to only be 12 new episodes so that with the Siege of Mandalore leaves one more story arc, unless they're not counting the episodes already released as story reels as new. Anyhow, I'm VERY excited for these episodes, especially to hear what Kevin and the team will bring to the score.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    It's possibly Bad Batch, but the shot isn't identical after the gunship lands. Hard to say whether the shot was altered just for the trailer, or whether they re-purposed the animation for a new arc.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  12. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    They've got to bring back Kevin for this!

And also, the style of composing that was TCW. No more shoehorning John Williams every ten minutes. The Clone Wars had its own voice and leitmotifs.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  13. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    It seems everything is still quite early on in the animation process. Sure it looks great but it's all been especially rendered (even rushed) for the trailer; some of the facial animation is obviously far from final, just look at Anakin, and yes, it seems the A Distant Echo shot has been modified, you can also see that there's no animation in the faces yet, but, I don't think we should be looking at the available versions as exactly how they'll be when finished in terms of music and the way it's shot, especially after all the years they've had to improve everything and how early on in production they were (things still could have changed even if they had been finished when originally intended).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  14. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It would be such a shaft if they announced the continuation, with Kiner on stage, and not have him compose for it. That would be some next-level malignancy.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  16. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Yeah, it was obvious that he would be scoring the new episodes, but it's great to have it confirmed anyway.

RaptorMusic and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  17. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    New track from David Glen Russell! (Source) - Also, I have a spreadsheet for The Clone Wars music just like my Rebels one.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Love the spreadsheets! Really helps when I’m doing my Clone Wars and Rebels fanedits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
  21. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    I'd like to get a more complete soundtrack for the existing seasons. The one they've already released barely scratches the surface.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would love the complete score to be released for TCW. The emotional pieces out there are already great.

Darkslayer, Jesta' and darkspine10 like this.
  23. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Here's some Information on the new scores from the various Kevin Kiner interviews released today:
    The scores are more electronic (after Kevin's work on Titans & Doom Patrol) but still have orchestra behind it. (No idea whether this is an actual orchestra or samples though - surely they'd have gotten an orchestra after how often they were able to for Rebels):
    Both of Kevin's sons Sean and Dean assisted with the score. We also already know that David Glen Russell also worked on the score.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Jesta' likes this.
  24. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Darkslayer likes this.
  25. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    So, the official release of the music from The Bad Batch is only one cue cutdown (missing about 20 seconds)...!? Not what I was expecting after the fairly comprehensive releases The Mandalorian got... I've updated the spreadsheet to include this.

Darkslayer likes this.