main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm waiting for that Throne Room meeting track to get released because that was my kind of track. I also want what's playing in the Background of this Ahsoka and Rex clip that has come out. It reminds me of tracks like "Eye Water".

2. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016

There was another one "The Beginning was the End"; the end credits from The Phantom Apprentice but that seems to have unfortunately been taken down. (I have them all downloaded anyway, just in case any of them were to be taken down as they were posted a week before the arc even started.)

darkspine10 likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    ... oooh... Bladerunnerish

Bilbo Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Shattered has, indisputably IMO, the best score of any TCW episode until this point.

Snafu55 and Bilbo Fett like this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah I'm right there with ya. This entire arc has been excellently scored but Shattered was just up at another level still. It was the furthest Kiner has strayed outside of the more well worn areas of Williams' template that he's frequently operated in and he did it to great effect. The absence of any sense of joy in a mission accomplished and an end to the war seemingly drawing near, finding instead unease and a haunting sense of dread that was closing in from all sides. It was stifling. I felt like I was in one of the boxes Maul was in. The score did a lot of the lifting there.

/chef's kiss to Mr. Kiner

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Kevin Kiner did an outstanding job composing for TCW and Rebels, coming up with some true masterpieces such as 'It's Over Now". This time though, the man truly outdid himself.

I mean, the whole music that played during the Siege of Mandalore HOLY! Talk about ominous. It helped build up an appropriate tension to such an extent, I constantly felt a sense of dread.

Also, that last scene of the last episode... the music did it for me.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Looks like the score to the final arc was recorded with the Budapest Scoring Orchestra & City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A Satanic Choir....

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The piece I most wanted from these episodes, Ahsoka seeing Rex's report on Fives and cutting to Maul's rampage thankfully made it into the OST:

The bit where the action drums come in at 2:03 is amazing. Sad that the initial phase of the invasion of Mandalore in Old Friends Not Forgotten didn't make it in though, there were some great reprises of the Clone and Death Watch themes that I'm sad aren't on the OST.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

been said by others, but i think this serves well as a companion/parallel piece to padme's ruminations - same sense of dread.

another favorite. arc's score is up on spotify btw.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wish this was the score to that scene. Hearing it up front set my expectations way too high.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. MonoOwl

MonoOwl Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2016
    Anyone notice that the OST album is using orchestral soundfont instead of the live orchestra recordings that they used in the episodes? Super disappointing.

Darkslayer and fett 4 like this.
  13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The music particularly of the final episodes is what makes them. So powerful

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I knew this sounded familiar from somewhere:

It's the opening of the last episode, and originally it was the Qui-Gon funeral theme, also from the birth of the twins/rise of
    Vader:

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Kevin Kiner has always been a brilliant composer, but proved it even more with these final episodes.

B99 likes this.
  16. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Updated the spreadsheet with the Siege of Mandalore release. Really cannot understand why Obi-Wan and Ahsoka Argue opens with the credits cue for the next episode. Mildly disappointed with the omission of cues I was certain there was no way they wouldn't be included; Ahsoka's last scene with Anakin, the approach to Mandalore, "You're a good soldier, Rex. So is everyone of those men down there", and the confrontation with Jesse.

darkspine10 and Darkslayer like this.
  17. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Or the departure from Mandalore and the Ahsoka/Rex conversation on the bridge! Hopefully, this arc was as big a deal to Kevin as it was for us and he'll put more tracks on his site when the hype dies down.

Also, I didn't hear this in the episodes. Was it not used?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Music in the finale took a quality nosedive after the insanely great score of the previous two episodes. Wasn’t bad. It just had two amazing acts to follow.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    love this rendition of Maul's motif.

very reminiscent of the Inquisitor theme from Rebels. It is, of course, the same melody, but Maul's theme generally differentiates in instrumentation (in Rebels Kiner utilized low Cello or perhaps bass rather than vocals) Here you do get vocals supporting the melody, in tones evoking Palpatine's teachings from ROTS. Maybe this is another musical hint that the Empire is rising and Maul is taking a back seat.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    edit

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  21. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Darkslayer and darkspine10 like this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I got some serious Blade Runner vibes from the last couple episodes. I always wanted a Blade Runner type of Star Wars movie. This made me super happy. Kevin Kiner is underrated.

Jedi Daniel and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ooh, that's just lovely :)

Sidenote, but is there any chance of extracting all the 'opening' and credits cues from the final arc, since those would be clean (ignoring the ones one the OST of course)?

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I'm not always a fan of BWAAAAMs but the Venator's bay doors opening to that shot of the moon with that cue was particularly epic.

Bor Mullet and B99 like this.
  25. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012