main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mythology Draft II: coming soon to a pantheon near you (Matchups underway)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Cyclops (Steropes) (prepped) VS Achilles ALIGNED WITH Hades

The only major issue I have with giving this one to the Cyclops is that Achilles is fast. Really fast. That having been said, I'm not really sure how much damage he'll be able to do to a Cyclops (since his slaying was mostly restricted to ordinary humans), and Steropes does seem to have a degree of control over lightning, which is quite likely to be faster than Achilles. If Hades had more to offer in the way of serious weaponry, I might be more inclined to hand it over to Achilles, but with his spear alone it's going to be more like death by a thousand cuts to the giant. Helps that Steropes is prepped to know Achilles' weakness, too. Probably going to be heavy opposition to this, but the way the factors are aligned, I'm going to vote for Steropes.

Hikaru Genji aligned with Odin VS Wayland Smith ALIGNED WITH Hephaestus

Wayland Smith, Genji not being much of a fighter. Odin helps, but I don't see Genji as being skilled enough for it to make up the difference.

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh I hadn't realized new matches were up, been too distracted at work and waiting on any activity in Scrubs. Sorry ya'all.

So Achilles doesn't get Hades' Helm of Invisibility then? Pretty darn hard to hit a heel you can't see, if you know about it or not (heel or helm). It was a mystical item, the gods were even fooled by it. Prepped or not I don't see him making a counter in 24 hours, even if he did help make it. What's he going to make goggles or a flashlight that shines and reveals invisible objects? It was the three of them together that forged these items, I am sure lacking any one of them and the potency of whatever was forged drops.

I'm not so convinced on this intelligence thing though. Nothing I read shows them to be intelligent, just expert craftsman. They are still fueled by rage and angry monsters. Easily fooled and exploited, several times, by the gods. Not saying they are mindless but intelligent...seems a bit much.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Like Wayland is something of a fighter? I don't see a prep next to his name, so the alignment certainly seems wasted.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm going to agree on the second but disagree on the first - I still think Schilles can take him.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    First of all, sorry about forgetting about this! I'll try to pay more attention now [face_blush]

So... Achilles against Steropes. I'm going to take this in stages: first just the two of them (without prep or alignment), then add the prep, then the alignment.

Head to head, Achilles is just too fast, plus Steropes doesn't know how to attack Achilles (i.e., his weakness). Achilles would win this relatively easily, I think. Not necessarily quickly, but without too much trouble.

The prep, however, does give Steropes a nice advantage in that he knows Achilles' weakness. Enough of one so that he now has a solid chance at winning, and without the alignment, I'd now favor Steropes.

But then there's still Hades to take into account. And as Loyal said, Hades doesn't offer weaponry like Hephaestus does, for example. But Hades can offer something else: the Helm of Darkness. Steropes against an Achilles that he can't see? For practical purposes, a blind Cyclops against Achilles? Suddenly that prep factor is negated and its going to be one heck of a lot harder for Steropes to hit Achilles in that heel. Sure, he knows to go after the heel... but he can't see it. Achilles wins.

And I really don't think Steropes counters the Helm of Darkness anywhere near as easily as Yak makes it sound.

6. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Iliad Conference

The Stampeding Spirits (0) VS The Eleven Forgotten Ghosts (2)

Odyssey Conference

EmpireForever (0) VS The Doormats (2)

Lucky number [b]seven[/b].

[hl=indigo][color=purple][b][u]Iliad Conference[/u][/b][/color][/hl]

[b]Basilisk[/b] [u]VS[/u] [b]Brynhildr (Prepared)[/b]

[hl=skyblue][color=blue][b][u]Odyssey Conference[/u][/b][/color][/hl]

[color=green][hl=white][b]Orpheus aligned with Loki (prepared)[/b][/hl][/color] [u]VS[/u] [b]Jason[/b]

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I eagerly await how the basilisk will be defeated without looking at it.

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    That second matchup isn't even remotely close :p

I need to look up some more details on the first before I decide there, though. Without the prep, it would be clear cut, but that -might- be enough to flip it.

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    just wanna comment on one thing, since brynhilder doesn't seem to get much respect. sigurd got to marry her because he was HER equal, not the other way around. and sigurd isn't exactly bad, so just wanted that in people's minds.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think the prep gives her knowledge about avoiding looking at its eyes, but I don't know that it gives her enough to kill him.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    That's what I'm thinking as well.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
  13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Basilisk VS Brynhildr (Prepared)

Going with the Basilisk on this one. Brynhildr is good, and makes it a tough fight with the prep, but eye contact isn't the only way it can kill even if she manages to avoid looking at it for the entire fight, which is difficult even for a warrior as skilled as she is.

Orpheus aligned with Loki (prepared) VS Jason

Orpheus should be able to take this, I think. If he were prepared, Jason might make it an interesting fight, but his chances are slim, as things stand, given the kind of versatility of abilities that Orpheus can wield.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    umm... avoiding eye contact is not the same thing as looking at it. just saying. avoiding eye contact is a lot easier.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Agreed on both counts. Brynhildr at least makes her fight interesting, though, while Jason would get his rear end handed to him on a silver platter :p

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Iliad Conference

The Stampeding Spirits (1) VS The Eleven Forgotten Ghosts (2)

Odyssey Conference

EmpireForever (1) VS The Doormats (2)

Dialing [b]five[/b].

[hl=indigo][color=purple][b][u]Iliad Conference[/u][/b][/color][/hl]

[b]Medusa (Aligned w/Mars)[/b] [u]VS[/u] [b]Grendel[/b]

[hl=skyblue][color=blue][b][u]Odyssey Conference[/u][/b][/color][/hl]

[color=green][hl=white][b]Conall Cernach[/b][/hl][/color] [u]VS[/u] [b]Hector[/b]

17. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Blah blah stone blah.

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Anyone have any thoughts on Conall vs Hector? The other one is pretty straightforward, IMO.

19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I have some thoughts, let me just go back and find them.

If this search function would help me out.

20. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It does tend to be uncooperative from time to time. I've been able to get better results for finding posts from Google than the in-board system.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think we're getting a better search function when we move.

22. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Judgments tomorrow: anything before then would be much appreciated.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am ok with this.

24. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Medusa (Aligned w/Mars) VS Grendel

Easy enough, since Grendel doesn't have the preparation to know to avoid Medusa's eyes.

Conall Cernach VS Hector

This is a pretty close one for me. Both mortal, both unprepared, both have rather high kill counts. Conall probably has an edge in experience, while Hector is ahead in strength. Hector is, however, impressively armored and managed to keep running ahead of Achilles for quite some time. Skilled as Conall is, he's not going to have an easy time of this. Could go either way, but my vote, at least, is for Hector.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree on both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.