main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mythology Draft - [winner: EF]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Yeah cant really counter that.

2. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    So what happened about hamms creature eating mine?

3. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Looks like he found the judges too.

*bada, shhh*

4. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry guys, Tyi's been really busy. Judging soon :)

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So should we disregard what you said before the edit?

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, Tyi says he'll be back soon enough to take care of it :)

8. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Its been nearly 3 weeks since this match was posted.

9. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    How strong is Ceridwen's magic? As far as I can tell, it's not that potent. Granted, having Circe helps, but I'm leaning towards the Smith on this one.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Rtu should be back this weekend. Meanwhile, if Nem, Hammu, and Aragorn want to post judgements, feel free.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Rtu, lol.

I've been in the shadows lately, watching the nothing. Thanks JK. I'm "back" now, so we'll see how this week goes.

12. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hello everyone. I'm so sorry; I'm not dead, but it's been the end of term and I've moved out of uni and so on and so forth. But that aside, mea culpa; as someone who's grumbled about slow judges in the past, this isn't brilliant, I know. Once again, I apologise.

Fenrisulfr aligned with Cybele vs Caeneus aligned with Iris (prepared

Even if Caeneus is super-fast thanks to Iris, and impervious to weapons - well, Fenrir doesn't use weapons. He can always sit on Caeneus if his teeth don't harm him. Fenrir wins.

Ceridwen aligned with Circe (prepared) vs Wayland Smith aligned with Eros (prepared)

Bleh, less easy. It comes down, pretty much, to sword vs. sorcery. Ceridwen's no fighter, but Wayland isn't really much of one either, being crippled and all. He'll have the best arms and armour on offer, though, especially prepped. Ceridwen can shape-shift, including things like birds which would be a lot harder for Wayland to land a blow on, particularly as he can't move so well. And Ceridwen's backed up by Circe, who I think does more for her than Eros for Wayland.

Ceridwen and Circe have it, then, but I'm not completely sold. Anyone care to elaborate on Ceridwen's ability vs. Wayland's magical weapons?

13. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    I have very little idea which way that second match should go. The problem is neither are fighters, and neither seem to be stand-outs in their respective specialties. Is there any record of Wayland Smith forging any items with truly exceptional, magical qualities? Or of Ceridwen using any magic she could use against Smith?

At this point, I'm leaning slightly toward Ceridwen, if only because of alignment. Even if Ceridwen's magic is lackluster, Circe could maybe boost her a little.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Circe used a wand to turn people into pigs. With prep, Ceridwen can use it.

Can Smith craft something to block that in a day? If not, Bear form Ceridwen eats the pig.

15. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Somebody's gotta judge, so it might as well be me. Anyways, I'm going Ceridwen on this, because that's the direction I'm leaning and we've got to move this draft forward.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Dude wasn't always crippled you know. I would imagine taking people at peak would mean that he's not injured for this fight.

17. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Well, I hadn't considered that, and it changes things. Hm.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Consider this:

How about we just call it a wash and start over?

19. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Even though this was probably my best chance to win a draft you ever. I have to agree with my learned colleague EF.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I know it's my fault.

If the other judges are still around, we can continue however.

21. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    As I can't judge my match, there's not too much I can do...but I can confirm Fenrisulfr.

Any chance we could get either some closure on my match...or the game in general?

22. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    This has gone on far too long. I don't see much exceptional from Ceridwen, but I still see a smidge more from her than from the Smith. So she wins.

But really, both suck.

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    okay.

Fenrisulfr.

Ceridwen.

<h1>Semi Final</h1>

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](1) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](0)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](1) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](0)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

[b][color=white]two[/color][/b]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Kintaro[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Sirona[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Jason[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Hermes (prepared)[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Houyi[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Fujin[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Achilles[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Menthu[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

24. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll concede.

25. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    In my battle, both are top-of-the-line heroes, but Houyi has range and god cohesion on his side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.