main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mythology Draft - [winner: EF]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If no one else has an opinion by tomorrow morning, I'll just go with what Bob said.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    There are plenty of arguments for it. Prep gives him what, exactly? Conall is the biggest beast around, and there's no way Gwydion is putting any kind of dent in him. Tell me one thing he has done in his entire career that leads you to believe that he could pull a win out of his hat here.

But yeah, unless Lu Dongbin is giving him super herculean attributes, he just can't pull it off by himself. So the Hydra takes that one.

3. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    A. Animating an army of trees.

B. Turning the opponent into another animal.

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Whenever did Gwydion turn anyone into an animal?

I see that he turns someone into an owl. Any idea whatsoever as to how he accomplished this?

Also note that Conall's deity is versed in sorcery, and can give him his spear(though, to be honest, I really just don't even care about what a deity can and cannot, or will or will not give his champion here anymore. I am just way too confused about it), which acts on it's own accord. I posted a bunch about it before, maybe I will find it again. Anyway, needless to say, even if he happened to be turned into an animal, there's not much he could do against the spear.

Bleh. I don't even care about this, why do I persist?

5. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I believe it was the wand.

And I'm not sure on the spear, what was the official ruling on god given weapons. Prep only? Only one w/out prep?

But even without the changing powers there is still that army of trees, which I'm not sure the spear would be able to reach her if she uses some as a shield.

But I would like another opinion.

6. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Depends on how fast the trees are tbh.

Its a tough decision but I think I gotta go with EF on this one. Conall is skilled enough to manage to avoid being trampled by trees while the spear sqewers the sorceror.

And considering that this spear is alive and can go through ranks of enemies, I cant really see some trees stopping it.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](2)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](3) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](1)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Midas[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Manannán mac Lir[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Arthur[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Ra[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Egill Skallagrimsson[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Imhotep[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Agilaz[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Anemoi [Boreas] (prepared)[/b][/color][/hl]

8. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Houyi Vs Achilles replay. Except this time its the other way round. And that Egill is not invulnerable.

And the fact that Agilaz is prepared.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    . . . Guys?

10. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    ...and except Agilaz is just a guy who shoots arrows, rather than a sun-slaying god-archer who flies on the wind.

But yeah. I would say it's Achilles vs Houyi lite. Neither combatant here is nearly on the level of Houyi or Achilles.

The other match I would favor Arthur - he's smart to figure out what's going on before Midas could lay a finger on him. The way I see this match, Arthur will bring the sword down on Midas, and sure, it could turn to gold, but it'll still be enough to cripple Midas in one stroke.

But it's a weird match, so I'm not going to rule that way if either of you have anything to say on the matter.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The whole mist argument kind of crumbles when Arthur's sword shines as bright as the sun.

Or he could just throw his knife in any direction, and it would find it's target. That's what it does. Besides that, Midas is not going to get a hand on the much more skilled Arthur.

To not even mention Ra.

12. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm fine with ham's decision.

13. White_Eagle

White_Eagle Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2007
    I just want to say I'm amazed this is still going on after a year. :)

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    As requested:

Skallagrimsson is big and mean, but from what I've read, he's on a fairly low level by mythological standards. Agilaz is a pretty good shot, and with preparation time I think he has a lot more options here than the other Egil does, especially if he can put a fair range between them. Not sure what kind of aid Imhotep would provide here, but I think one of the Anemoi would be of more use to an archer than an Egyptian semi-god would be to a Viking warrior-poet.

Winner: Agilaz aligned with Anemoi [Boreas] (prepared)

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks for guest judging, Loyal. So Achilles and Agilaz take the day

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](3)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](3) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](2)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Helgi Hundingsbane[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Prometheus[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Kitsune[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Inari[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Perseus[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Asclepius (prepared)[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Ajax the Great[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Eir[/b][/color][/hl]

16. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    Kitsune due to cohesion and vast array of powers.

Perseus, due to the vast number of goodies he has along with prep assures he would have each and everyone of them.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, I like Perseus there. Especially with the prep. And of course I like Kitsune.

This draft could do with some committed GMs to argue the characters. I don't think I'll play next time because I just don't have the expertise or time to explore, but if people want this back I can definitely host. With a better pool of GMs and judges this could be one of the more fun drafts.

18. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    This was one of the more interesting drafts lately IMO, though it pooped out due to judging and lack of debating. I would join it again if it gets another chance, and this time I don't think I will be out of the loop due to a job change so I can actually stick around and argue my matches.

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree that this would be good to do again.

The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327) (2) vs The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever) (4)

Bloody Murder (Hammurabi) (4) vs The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043) (2)

And it's EF vs. Hammu. Send me your numbers, please :)

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Bloody Murder (Hammurabi) (0) vs The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever) (0)

[hl=black][b][color=SkyBlue]Perseus aligned with Asclepius (prepared)[/color] [color=red] vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]Wayland Smith aligned with Eros (Prepared)[/color]
    [/b][/hl]

22. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I would like to see some arguments for Wayland. Right now, I for perseus, but wayland can do a lot with prep.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Bleh. I'd rather concede.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    On to the second round, then.

Bloody Murder (Hammurabi) (1) vs The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever) (0)

[hl=black][b][color=SkyBlue]Houyi aligned with Fujin[/color] [color=red] vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]Jason aligned with Hermes (prepared) (Prepared)[/color]
    [/b][/hl]

25. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    Arguments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.