main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Naboo Chronicles: Complete. More replies (9/17/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    My thanks goes out to everybody who dropped me a line. Sorry that it took me awhile to update, but Darth RL is been awfully fiesty lately. Again, kudos goes out to Pokey1984 who is my ever patient and dedicated beta. You rock!

Alethia A bit of foreshadowing, maybe? Mumms the word, for now at least ;).
    Does perhaps Padme's third favorite day have something to do with Anakin? I would have to say that's a plausible assumption ;). Thanks for your wonderful comments. I'm always worried that I will make the characters either too different from canon or totally unbelieveable.

Marmida Glad to know that you are enjoying!

Pokey1984 I am humbled by your praises. It has been a delicated balancing act trying to keep true to the characters yet introducing the AU component, making them different from canon, but still believeable. Plus, this is the basis for how things will change (or not change) in the future.
    You've also developed Padmé some and I'm glad to see that. I thought she was so two-dimensional in the movies... Another one of my 'troubles' with the movies was how stiff Padme was portrayed. In my mind, she is a very passionate and dynamic character that isn't afraid to speak her mind or wield a blaster, but she's also a very kind and caring person who genuinely empathetic towards people. I think that got lost in the movies and I am humbled that you feel I am doing her justice.

Jek Windu I am glad that I haven't disappointed you. As I said above, writing interactions between 14 yr old Padme and 10 year Anakin is challenging at times because the natural inclination is to have them involved with one another. Hopefully here I am setting the stage for a very geniuine and profound friendship that could one day lead to more; but. we'll see ;).

Astreal Welcome! Glad you found my little fic and are enjoying it. Your wish is my command!

Without further ado....

Chapter 4 (Part I: The Gift

Patience was essential to the survival of the Sith Order. For over a millennium, knowledge passed between master and apprentice would ultimately lead to their revenge against the Jedi. Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith, or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine as he was known in his other life, strode down the hallways of Theed Palace without agenda. Wanting to be left to his own ruminations, he had dismissed his personal guard along with the detachment sent by the Queen?s chief of security that she had insisted upon.

He laughed at the irony of that thought as he felt the hilt of his lightsaber hidden under his elegant robes. The Trade Federation blockade and the subsequent battle for Naboo?s freedom had been a costly one for all involved parties. Sidious had been enraged to learn that his servant, Darth Maul had been lost; all due to a Jedi Padawan nonetheless. Years of training had been lost; however, the Sith had endured far worse while maintaining progress toward its ultimate goal. Furthermore, he had gravely underestimated the resolve and courage of the child Queen. Amidala would one day pay dearly for her transgression. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

One thing Palpatine learned from the many years of political life was to always devise contingencies. And he would have to once again show that imperturbable patience as his new plans began to take shape. Already there were opportunities that he had never considered. The simple fact that the Jedi were foolish enough not to take the Skywalker boy to train had opened unlimited possibilities. Now, all the Dark Lord had to do was wait. In time, everything would belong to only him. He would bring the galaxy to its knees.

He would have been dressed sooner if not for all the Queen?s handmaidens checking on his progress every few minutes. The outfit Anakin wore was a simple cream colored tunic with a light brown belt and he draped himself with a dark brown cloak that Sabé had found for him. He stood in the mirror, not sure he was the same person that h

2. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    This is really getting interesting. Palpy is allready getting a grip to lil Ani. Not good... :(

Marmida

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm always worried that I will make the characters either too different from canon or totally unbelieveable.

I'm not going to say don't worry, because in a way it is good that you worry- because then you have incentive to do them right. But you really don't need to worry, because you're doing an excellent job. Characterization is something that is very important to me- and so far you've been great. So worry, but not too much...

Great chapter. I loved your portrayl between Anakin and Palpatine. Poor Anakin's just a little kid- and yet I have this feeling that Palpatine is largely underestimating him... And I hope that Palpatine doesn't have any too sinister plans involving Anakin's mother...

4. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Palpy is pure evil! Poor Ani, having his emotions toyed with like that. (I'm not a fan of Palpatine.)

Anyhow, great chapter!

5. pokey1984

pokey1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2004
    Ooh, that Palpatine is such a horrible creature... *shudders* Watch out Anakin!

I"m trusting you too keep Anakin safe, REV... You wouldn't let him be taken in by that monster, would you? [face_batting]

6. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    My thanks to everbody who dropped me a line. Sorry for the delay in the update, but RL has been busy. Hope you all like!!

Marmida Old Palpy is definitely up to his usual tricks. We'll see soon how Anakin in this situation will respond.

Alethia So worry, but not too much... Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm happy to know that everybody is being portrayed true to form. I think with AU's one has the added challenge of keeping honest with the original characters, but also showing how the changes will alter their perspecitve. Then again, that's the fun of writing these stories :)

Poor Anakin's just a little kid- and yet I have this feeling that Palpatine is largely underestimating him... Quoting Luke, overconfidence is definitely his weakness, as we will see. ;)

And I hope that Palpatine doesn't have any too sinister plans involving Anakin's mother... Let's keep our fingers crossed that Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme can get to her before anything happens ;).

Astreal I'm not a fan of Palpatine Me neither, but you have to admit, he is good being so evil. Glad you liked. More coming.

Pokey1984 I"m trusting you too keep Anakin safe, REV... You wouldn't let him be taken in by that monster, would you? That all depends on how wicked my bunny is feeling; it is simply out of my hands ;). So tune in to see what happens next :).

Here we go...

Chapter 4 (Part II)

Sitting uncomfortably, Anakin examined closer the various utensils that lay before him. When he saw the other handmaidens enter the room, followed by the Queen, he promptly stood on his feet.. Everyone in the room stood as Captain Panaka announced, ?Please honor her majesty Amidala, Queen and savior of the Naboo!?

The guests applauded as she made her way to the head of the table. With a gentle nod, everyone returned to their seats as Saché and Rabé helped her sit down. Amidala was dressed in an emerald green gown with a pattern of gold points that twinkled when the light would hit it.

For the first time, Anakin saw her wear the crown that symbolized her office. It was a headpiece made of pure gold with four different colored gems on the front. The Queen?s hair was pulled back and was largely hidden by the crown as she wore the traditional white face paint with touches of red on both her checks and the mark of remembrance on her bottom lip. He also noticed something very familiar hanging from her neck. She was wearing the pendant that he made out of japor snippet.

She?s absolutely radiant Anakin admired. His vacant look caused Padmé briefly to come out of Amidala?s stoic persona to ask if he was alight. Anakin managed a slight nod as she returned to her royal disposition.

A small band of musicians quietly entered the room and began playing music to entertain the esteemed guests. Noticing both Rabé and Yané were standing for enough away, Anakin leaned towards Amidala. ?You look beautiful tonight, your majesty.? Amidala graciously smiled and acknowledged his compliment without breaking character. Anakin thought that Padmé was probably not going to come out again tonight.

By the time the final course was served, Anakin had eaten more than he ever had in his past ten years of life. While he continued to eat, he listened to the range of conversations about him. Chancellor Palpatine was discussing the finer points of senatorial procedures with the Queen and Princess Jamillia. Lady Corrinia noticeably tried to get into the talk several times, but none of the others seem to acknowledge her opinions.

Governor Bibble, who was seated next to Lady Corrinia, nodded his head in respect to Anakin as they caught each other?s glances. He then turned to discuss with the rest of the table the pour of support and sympathy that was gained in the Galactic community due to their recent ordeal. The Queen smiled to herself when hearing this, but didn?t comment.

When Amidala noticed that her guests were finished with their dinners, she stood

7. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    Ani is definitely a bad influence on the Queen. ;)

I'm sure I said before, the enitre "Protector Knight" story is brilliant. And it's so fitting. I think it's something Anakin needs, he needs recognition.

Another beautiful chapter comes to a close, I can't wait for the next one... :)

8. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    I think with AU's one has the added challenge of keeping honest with the original characters, but also showing how the changes will alter their perspecitve. Then again, that's the fun of writing these stories

Exactly. As a writer of AUs myself, in different fandoms, it's quite a challenge, but also tons of fun. AUs are great and finding the right way to portray characters just adds to the fun.

I like how Padme wears the jabor spinnet, even when she's acting in a formal setting. It really shows how important it is to her. Nice touch.

Lady Corrinia noticeably tried to get into the talk several times, but none of the others seem to acknowledge her opinions.

Heh. It doesn't seem to me like Lady Corrinia's going to get to be the next senator- but then who is? Padme can't be it yet and there really isn't anyone knew that you've introduced. It would be a twist if Anakin ended up as Senator, but he's definitely too young at the moment...

I loved Anakin's Knighting Ceremony. Very sweet, yet formal, but not too formal. I'm wondering what his new job will be like in years to come. At the moment, being ten, there's not much to be done. But after he gets older, what will happen then?

And an interesting gift- a Sith Ship and Speeder. Will that play any role, that they're left from Darth Maul? Or am I reading too much into it? And Anakin definitely seemed thrilled with it... Though I'm not exactly sure it was necessarily very wise to give a ten year-old with a knack for trouble a space ship and a speeder...

The last scene, between Anakin and Padme was very touching. Angel Queen is a sweet name for the ship and I like the way you write his ten-year-old crush on her. You can definitely see how it can and will grow in later years, as they get older...

Wonderful job. I love this fic and I loved this chapter.

9. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    that second last chapter had me clenching my fists and saying " let me at him lewt me at him...the force is no match for a black belt in karate, taekwondoe and ninjitsu...i can take palp out."
    but then i realised i need to get all these sith artifacts out of anakin's hand's before he starts taking the force essence from them... anakin and destroy palpatine anyday...cause palpy can't use the force.

BTW this is a really good story...)i knew i forgot to write something the minute i clicked post)...silly me

10. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Wow, Anakin gets named Lord High Protector, gets his own spaceship, a new home and spends his night with his true love.

You gotta admit, saying he's on a bit of a lucky streak is a bit of an understatement.

Go Annie!

11. General-Mest

General-Mest Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    Very nice. I like it so far. Keep it up! I've only read the first chapter but it's neat.

Mest

12. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    Page Three? That simply will not do, this story is too good for that. :p Up, wonderful story, Up!

13. Padme__Skywalker31

Padme__Skywalker31 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    A BIG UP from page 9!!!!!!! Im sorry its just too good to let it drop that far!!!!!!! :D

14. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks to everyone who has been reading and enjoying my story. I am so sorry that I haven't updated recently, but Darth RL has been exceptionally vicious lately. I'm actually having to put in some very long hours in lab, as well as deal with a bunch of other crap that comprise the three ring circus that is currently my life. Plus, chapter 5 has been an exceptionally difficult one, as I am still not happy with it. But not to fear, between my muse and my ever faithful beta, it will be coming out soon. Don't give up on me quite yet :)

15. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    The ever faithful beta also owes everyone an opology because she ran off to a wedding before finishing her job, then promptly forgot about it upon returning. [face_blush]

She is appropriately rebuked and is opening Word even as she types this... :)

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    All caught up! So nice to see Anakin and Padme getting to spend time together as friends. I especially enjoyed the knighting ceremony, you paid such attention to detail and made it really come to life. Palpatine certainly isn't wasting any time planning his next move. There's something a little eerie and troubling about Anakin having a Sith's ship. [face_worried]

Excellent posts.

17. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hi Everyone,
    As promised, here is the next installment. Thanks again for hanging in there with me. Hopefully I will get things rolling again this week.

Pokey1984: Ani is definitely a bad influence on the Queen. I think he will help Padme come out of her Amidala persona more frequently than she would have had he left with the Jedi.

The enitre "Protector Knight" story is brilliant. And it's so fitting. I think it's something Anakin needs, he needs recognition. I'm glad you like. I figured that if he hadn't become a Jedi, Amidala would see to it that he was rightly honored for his actions. Plus, he would be admired and looked up to by all the Naboo which would be in contrast to living at the temple where the burden of the Chosen One would have been thrusted upon him immediately, as well as being different from everyone else.
    I'm happy that you are still enjoying!!

Alethia- Like how Padme wears the japor snipet, even when she's acting in a formal setting. I felt it was important to show her wearing it as both Padme and Amidala. It was my subtle gesture to show how Anakin is already becoming very important to both of Padme's distinct sides of her personality.

Heh. It doesn't seem to me like Lady Corrinia's going to get to be the next senator- but then who is? Padme can't be it yet and there really isn't anyone knew that you've introduced. It would be a twist if Anakin ended up as Senator, but he's definitely too young at the moment... It is highly doubtful that she will get it. Actually, the person I have in mind, I haven't introduced yet, but is an OC that we will see soon. Although I really liked the idea of Anakin becoming a politician. That makes for some very interesting possibilities.

But after he gets older, what will happen then? Glad you liked the ceremony. Definitely wanted him to be both entranced and freaked out with the whole thing. So his job in the future will be an "advisor" to the Queen in the Royal Court. However, things a little later on will redefine that role abit so keep tuning in to find out ;).

And an interesting gift- a Sith Ship and Speeder. Will that play any role, that they're left from Darth Maul? All I'll say for now is that it is amazing the things that a Sith Lord leaves behind ;).

Though I'm not exactly sure it was necessarily very wise to give a ten year-old with a knack for trouble a space ship and a speeder... Well, then again, Anakin isn't an ordinary ten year old.

The last scene, between Anakin and Padme was very touching. Angel Queen is a sweet name for the ship and I like the way you write his ten-year-old crush on her. It is definitely hard sometimes to keep little Ani from acting like Don Juan with Padme, at this stage at least. My hope for this fic is to really develop their plutonic relationship before anything else happens.

Glad that you are enjoying!!

Son-of-Kenobi- That second last chapter had me clenching my fists and saying " let me at him lewt me at him... Yeah, evil old Palpy is already up to his usual tricks. We shall see how young Ani will deal with this :) Thanks for reading!.

Astareal- You gotta admit, saying he's on a bit of a lucky streak is a bit of an understatement.
    So far so good for our little hero. Time will tell though if his luck holds out :).

General-Mest- Glad you like. Tune in for more!

Gina- There's something a little eerie and troubling about Anakin having a Sith's ship. Indeed; however, we shall see how this will play out soon :). Happy to know that you are enjoying!

Now, on with the show....

Chapter 5 (Part I): Consequences

Weeks of hyperspace travel was always hard on the soul. However, it was a necessary evil. Throughout his near seventy year existence with the Order, Jedi Master Sar Dooku had learn to use this time to focus his thoughts. Yet, time and thinking were things he?d rather do without at the moment.

For days he had refused to leave

18. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    Yea! first reply! And, ohh, kinda creepy... :)

Seriously, though, you've done a good job capturing Dooku'stone and reasoning, without making him too crazy. He truly thinks he's doing the best thing here (though anger has much to do with that) and that's the scariest part of the whole mess.

Great job, I liked it a lot and that's something, since I usually prefer to skim over hte villain chapters. ;) :D

19. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    great move...plot thickens....hmm...is dooku turning??? has he a foot on the dark path?

20. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Creepy...interesting...have to run out the door now but will be back later with a longer review.

21. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    And here is the second part. Enjoy!

Chapter 5 (Part II)

Captain Ric Olié was one of the most seasoned pilots in the Naboo starfighter corps. This had earned him the honor of being Queen Amidala?s Chief pilot. He had also been the obvious choice to help lead the numerically inferior Nubian starfighter squadron against the Trade Federation. A less daunting task asked of him by the Queen was teaching Anakin Skywalker how to pilot his new spacecraft. Ric had never seen anything remotely like the newly christened Angel Queen and was thrilled to be given this task.

?Ready, Anakin?? Ric asked eagerly. Convenience

The sandy haired boy smiled happily in response. The two were first acquainted during the voyage to Coruscant and had become fast friends, especially after Anakin had dispatched with the Droid control ship. Captain Olié had been awestruck then, but was further impressed that after just three training flights, the boy was ready to operate the ship on his own. He privately wished that Anakin was of age to join the starfighter corps; hopefully he would in a few years. They would greatly benefit from his natural talent.

Before settling in the cockpit, Anakin motioned to the seasoned pilot. ?Captain, I found something late last night that you might want to take a look at.?

Giving the boy a curious look, Ric walked over to stand next to Anakin at the left rear portion of the ship. Anakin knelt down and removed several panels, which revealed a cylindrical shaped, translucent piece of machinery.

?What?s that?? Anakin asked as he pointed.

The veteran flier knelt down to examine the unit. As he looked around, the boy remarked, ?It looks like it?s connected with the ship?s main power systems, hyperdrive and shielding systems. Yet, I can?t figure out what it does.?

Ric nodded as he continued looking about. He then found another feed that appeared to be lined to a control in the cockpit. The two spent the next few hours tracking down the controls until they found it concealed in a small retractable control pad next to the ship?s main controls.

?Could it be some kind of shield enhancer?? Anakin questioned.

Captain Olié sighed deeply as he racked his brain for anything that remotely resembled what this mysterious unit was. ?No, if it was an enhancement unit or secondary shield, it wouldn?t be wired through the hyperdrive. This makes no sense, unless??

The boy turned his head to one side. ?Unless?:

?It couldn?t be; they aren?t on ships this small,? Ric said more to himself than to Anakin.

?What?? the boy asked, barely able to contain his excitement.

Ric pointed at the unit as he said, ?This could be a miniaturized cloaking device.?

?I didn?t know any existed.?

?They don?t, at least not for a ship this size,? Ric remarked. ?The Corellians a number of years ago had been experimenting with a prototype on their heavy bulk cruisers, but they were always having problems with it.?

?Problems??

Captain Olié nodded. ?They usually exhausted the ship?s power stores and they had to design a special hyperdrive motivator in order to channel enough power to run the thing. Last I heard, they had abandoned the entire project.?

A large, devilish grin crossed Anakin?s face as he looked up at the veteran pilot. ?Do you think this one works??

Ric crossed his arms as he thought momentarily. A large smile grew on his face as he looked at the boy. ?Only one way to find out.?

Anakin let out an exuberant cheer as they both took their places in the cockpit. Within seconds, the Angel Queen?s engines powered up and they rocketed out of the hangar into the sky. Ric quickly got in contact with the Naboo air control station and requested that they track them as they were about to conduct a test. Once everything was coordinated, the Captain gave Anakin a slight nod as he extended the control panel.

?Here goes nothing,? the boy said as he pressed the red button.

A slight energy buildup could be heard from the ship?s engin

22. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    :) I can't help but smile every time I read this story, it's so much fun.

?Tell me, please. Maybe I can help? You know I can fix anything.?

That line is so perfect, so Anakin.

?Don?t be sad, Padmé; angels shouldn?t cry.?

Ditto

?I appreciate the thought Ani, but I think I should get a clean one,? she said as she reached into her desk. Anakin?s face flushed red as then realized that he handed the Queen of Naboo a dirty rag.

LOL!!! :D This part says so much about Anakin. It shows his personalitly, his desire to help people, and even how that desire can go awry. It's perfect.

The boy half-bowed in response. As he was about to exit the room, he turned in the doorway slightly. ?And Padmé.?

?Yes??

?You will always be an angel to me.?

Aww... *wipes tear* That was so sweet.

OH, and I forgot that I wante dot mention this: ?Sure,? Anakin simply replied, unaware of the gravity of the situation. If the Naboo could discover how the device worked, it would provide a considerable advantage to the starfighter corps.

That was such a great line, so descriptive. :)

This was a beautiful chapter and, in my opinion, well worth the wait (even if it was partially my fault) :)

Edit: Is it wrong for a beta reader to be unable to type a simple reply without making a mistake? :p

23. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hey, where'd all my readers go??? Didn't think it stunk that bad :(

24. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm here!

I thought that was soo sweet, 'specially this part:

The Queen nodded her head approvingly. ?Thank you for the food and for everything else, Ani. I truly appreciate it.?

The boy half-bowed in response. As he was about to exit the room, he turned in the doorway slightly. ?And Padmé.?

?Yes??

?You will always be an angel to me.?

Before she could answer, he closed the door behind him as he left. Amidala smiled to herself as she silently thanked the spirits for bringing her little friend into her life.

I love the Ani/Padme interaction!

Keep it comming!

25. pokey1984

May 10, 2004
    I think everyone was struck speechless by your beautiful story. ;) I was only able to reply because I had several days to prepare. You know, while I was away, shirking my duties... hmm, maybe I shouldn't remind you of that...

Anyway... I thought it was good. So :p to all those who didn't reply. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.