main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Naboo Chronicles: Complete. More replies (9/17/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ_Nejedi

AJ_Nejedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    i will tell you one thing, this doesn't stink. I've been really enjoying this, i;'m just not much of a poster. Keep it coming because you're portrayal of Anakin and Padme is just awesome. thanks for the great story, can't wait to read more

2. Darth_Vander

Darth_Vander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    Hey, where'd all my readers go??? Didn't think it stunk that bad

Well, maybe I can help. Consider me a new reader.

Awesome, awesome story. I can't say enough praise about it. Please update soon!

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww! That was wonderful, the way Anakin was there for Padme. It's easy to forget how much weight and responsibility Padme bears on her young shoulders, but you showcased that so well here. Also, especially enjoyed the scene between Dooku and the Council in the previous post. Very tense!

4. General-Mest

General-Mest Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    Love it Love it Love it!! Anakin is so cute! Loved the part with the ship! Angel Queen was a nice touch too! Keep it up and post soon!

Mest

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Didn't think it stunk that bad.

Nope, I found this today and you've got a second new reader on your hands! :)

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I've been reading it at the other site. Didn't realize until now that you are psoting it here as well.

7. Darth_Vander

Oct 1, 2004
    *kicks thread up*

8. Darth_Vander

Oct 1, 2004
    Stay up there!!!

9. Darth_Vander

Oct 1, 2004
    *why, you little, stay up there, I tell you!"

10. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    New post soon?

11. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Hi everyone,
    My profound apologies for the paucity of posts in the last two weeks. I've been getting ready for and am now currently at a scientific symposia in which I have to give a talk in about 2 hours. However, once this is done, I will be returning my full focus back to my fic which has been a labor of love. Good news though, Chapter 6 is at my esteemed beta's mailbox so hopefully we can crank that one out soon. Need to do some minor adjustments to chap's 7-10, but hopefully they will come out quicker. Again, my apologies and thanks to everyone who has been keeping NC up on the boards. Take care!

JMRev

12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm loving this story. Will there be Obi and Sabe romance too?

Palpatine is so...grrr....he needs to leave Naboo.

13. AJ_Nejedi

AJ_Nejedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    No problem waiting Rev, just hope we get to read more of the story soon. this is great!!!

14. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Sounds good!

15. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Upping this

16. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Now where has the author gone?

17. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hey all,
    Still here but down with a very serious upper respiratory infection coupled with my beta's troubled internet connection...Have no fear though, chapters 6 and 7 are written, just need to go through my loyal beta's vigiliant eyes before I can post. Chapter 8 is being written as I speak so I will have plenty of updates once all these troublesome issues are resolved. Sorry again and I haven't abandoned this by any means :)

18. Darth_Vander

Oct 1, 2004
    It's worth waiting for....:)

19. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    I figured this wasn't abandoned, you said before you've already got stuff written. I was just wondering what DRL had come up with next since it seemed that scientific symposia should be over with :)

20. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    At long last I am finally updating. My apologies, as well as my thanks goes out to everyone who kept uping this and sending me emails. Makes me all warm and fuzzy to know you all are enjoying. As for Darth RL, it has been especially visiting, scientific talks aside. Again my thanks and here are some responses to your comments.

Pokey1984 I am touched that you enjoyed the last installment. Sorry about your intermittant internet connection so I had to go this one on my own. Hopefully all that mess will get resolved soon. Thanks again for all your support and wonderful suggestions.

Astareal Happy to know that you enjoyed. More touching moments coming.

AJ_Nejedi Thanks for the words of support. It's very satisfying to know that I am doing Anakin and Padme's characters justice.

Darth_Vander Welcome aboard! Thanks for your interest. It really means alot to know my stories are well received. Again my apologies in the delay. Hopefully this update will be well worth the wait.

Gina Thanks for your kind comments. I am definitely a big fan of your works so I am awed by your thoughtful words. Hope to keep you interested!

General-Mest Glad you liked the ship idea. Thought it would be very Anakin-like to want to name something grand after Padme.

Shinar Welcome to my story. Glad you liked and posted your comments. Hope you enjoy this new update!

PadawanKitara Been trying to mix it up between both sites but glad to know that you are reading it on both.

jacen200015 Happy to know that you are loving the story. Hopefully this chapter will answer your question about Obi & Sabe. Palpy definitely is a crafty old bag of bones. He will be ominiously lurking nearby.

Alright, without further ado, please make sure that your seatbacks and tray tables are up in their locked positions. Sit back and enjoy the ride :)

Chapter 6 (Part I): The Padawan Learner

?Now repeat after me, elia mentatem vog,? the blond haired Eirtaé instructed.

?Elia mentatem vog.?

?Very good!? she praised after Anakin repeated the words with a near perfect Nubian accent. For the last several weeks, the former slave had been placed in the charge of all Amidala?s handmaidens to prepare him for the Theed Academy?s entrance exams. Anakin studied politics and languages from Eirtaé first thing in the morning. Next was science and mathematics with Saché followed by etiquette and protocol with Rabé. In the afternoons, he would do some martial arts training with Sabé and they would often times explore the many secret passages throughout the palace. After this he would join Yané in the healer?s ward to learn some basic techniques before meeting Padmé for dinner.

The two youths would share their daily events over last meal, then continue their discussions during walks through the Royal Gardens or in the Queen?s porch, a private garden that overlooked the Virdugo Plunge. With the reconstruction underway around the entire planet, Padmé had been shuttling to various disaster relief areas on a daily basis. The Queen was needed constantly for either her approval on rebuilding efforts or mediate disputes that had arisen in many townships. It was a slow process, but the Naboo were starting to heal.

If he wasn?t exploring the Angel Queen, practicing lightsaber skills or talking with Padmé, Anakin spent a good portion of his time with Sabé. When Sabé masqueraded as the Queen, it was nearly impossible to distinguish between the two. However, she was two years older and in her normal attire, Sabé was slightly taller and lankier than Padmé. Her face had obvious differences; meanwhile, her hair was auburn and her complexion was much lighter comparatively. When she smiled, she didn?t show her teeth as much as Padmé?s did. There was no doubt that she was quite stunning in her own right. In fact, he was fairly sure that even Master Obi-Wan knew this. However, nobody could ever compete with Padmé?s beauty in Anakin?s eyes.

21. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    You're back! It's so nice to see you again...

I really enjoyed this chapter. It's good to see that Anakin is finally about to start his Jedi training with Obi-Wan. And I'm a bit curious about Padmé's mission...I hope everything goes all right during it. That last sentence of Anakin's made me want to sigh in both cuteness and trepidation...

22. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Good to be back. Darth RL was using Force lightining and everything else under the Dark Side. As for Ani and Padme, big events are definitely looming on the horizon. Tune in soon for more soon :)

23. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yay! Update!

So, Obi's gonna finally start training Ani in person. Shame Padme's gone for a while but. Why do I have the feeling somethings gonna happen to her?

Anyhow's, Excellent post

24. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Shame Padme's gone for a while but. Why do I have the feeling somethings gonna happen to her?

*JMRev looks innocently at Astreal*

Let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing bad happens to her while she's away ;)

25. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hope I haven't lost everybody due to my delay in updates. Here's part II to keep you all busy :).

Chapter 6 (Part II)

All in the hanger began to disappear as Anakin quieted his mind. His complete focus was on the Master?s voice.

?Now Anakin, I want you to visualize picking up the container and then bring it forward,? gently commanded Obi-Wan. Gradually the box lifted and moved towards them. ?Good? responded the Jedi, ?Now while holding it in place, imagine being lifted and then move yourself around it.?

Anakin, now letting doubt enter his mind, began to lose his mental hold on the container. Obi-Wan, noticing the container dropping barked, ?Concentrate Anakin. Feel, don?t think.? Suddenly, Anakin relaxed and began to float. ?Very good, Padawan,? said the proud Master.

As Anakin carefully placed himself and the container back to the floor, Obi-Wan was setting up the practice drones for saber training. This was what Anakin was waiting for, the chance to show off what he knew. Much to his disappointment, Obi-Wan only setup two practice drones.

?But Master, I can handle more than two.?

Obi-Wan eyed him knowingly as he retorted, ?Then show me that you can handle these and then I will up the difficulty.?

Readying his lightsaber, Anakin recalled his many self-taught practice sessions and with all his feelings attuned into the Force, he sped himself up to a near blur as the drones fired at him, but none were even close. The boy was able to dodge every shot and he destroyed both drones within seconds of starting the exercise.

?How did you do that?? Obi-Wan asked dumbfounded.

?I just felt instead of thought, Master. Just like you said,? the boy replied full of pride.

A concerned look crossed Obi-Wan?s face as he contemplated the boy?s maneuver, which was beyond even the most senior of padawans? abilities, including some junior Jedi Knights. With curiosity getting the better of him, he gathered more drones from his bag, which would require Anakin to have to face eight now. Finally, a challenge Anakin thought . Master Obi-Wan then instructed him to set his saber?s power to safety level so he could simply deactivate the drones and not destroy them as he had the previous two.

Unbeknownst to Anakin, Obi-Wan set the drones difficulty to Master level, which most Knights can only eliminate a few before being struck. The Jedi wanted to immediately quell any potential arrogance of the boy?s inherent abilities by showing him that he could not simply rely on his abilities alone. In order to improve, it would take considerable time and training to reach those goals that Anakin thought himself already capable of.

Obi-Wan then ordered Anakin to begin. The boy dutifully activated his lightsaber and cautiously approached the drones. As he gathered his feelings, he could sense through the Force that all the drones were targeting him simultaneously and he would have to jump over and behind them to escape. Feeling the Force swell about him, he vaulted himself over the approaching drones and as he hit the ground, he went into a half roll and then lashed out adroitly at each drone. With his first move, he eliminated five drones, but three remained. With his senses in full control by the Force, he parried and swiped at the remaining drones at extreme speed.

From Obi-Wan?s perspective, Anakin move so quickly that he appeared to phase out of sight as he spun over, under and through the attacking drones. He had only witness one Jedi before do something similar; it was Master Windu and he was performing the drill with only six drones at the time, and was struck once before he deactivated them all. Anakin took on eight and remained unscathed.

Proudly Anakin looked up at the Master who was in complete disbelief. ?Anakin that was amazing. Even Master Windu could not have accomplished that without being hit. It was definitely an unusual display.?

Anakin was beaming at the compliment, but missed the obvious concern implied by the Jedi. Obi-Wan was ev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.