main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The NASCAR Discussion Thread! Come in and discuss all things NASCAR!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by The_Last_Gunslinger, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Last_Gunslinger

The_Last_Gunslinger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    In other news, I had heard about it tonight during the race but went to nascar.com for the first time today and saw that Dale Jarrett has signed on with Toyota for 07 and 08 to drive for Michael Waltrip. No announced sponsorship that I could find and haven't checked jayski.com yet, but guess I'll slightly be cheering for him next year simply because of this.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    After Kyle Busch's temper tantrum, from nascar.com:

Rusty Wallace, in his weekly column for ESPN.com, said somebody needs to "kick his ass.''

"If I had been there I'd have stopped, backed up and got out of the car, and smacked Busch's face off,'' Wallace said. "Then I would have gotten back in the car and took off.

"That was a ridiculous and embarrassing move. Seriously though, the problem is he keeps doing this stuff. You would think he would learn, but he just keeps doing it. I don't like it when somebody disrespects the sport, and that's what he's doing right now. ''

God bless Rusty Wallace. Even in retirement he's still my hero. And he's right. Kyle Busch is the biggest punkass I've ever seen come in to the series. He's worse than Kurt, and THAT is saying something. I can't wait for his inevitable wake-up call.

3. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    Yeah, it's nice that he got docked not only monetary wise but points wise as well. The kid's good, no doubt about that, but he just needs to learn to cool his jets and not overreact everytime someone accidentally gets into him during a race. Hopefully Busch won't have to learn this the hard way (kinda like how Terrel Owens did with the Eagles).

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I say they should sit him out one.

And another thing is, when these guys throw stuff at other cars, most of the time they look cool. But to me it seemed like this incident looked like a mom pulling her whiny son away from the toy aisle without a new action figure.

[image=http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2006/news/headlines/cup/05/30/cmears.kybusch.lowes/busch.official.193.jpg]

5. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Kyle Busch got fined 50,000 and lost 25 points. Which moved him from 9th place to 10th place in ranking. Now he has probation till the end of the next year. Which means, if he steps out of line again he could be suspended for a certain amount of games. Too bad he didn't lose more points so Casey Mears(Who he threw the device at) moved ahead of him in points.

BTW, its no longer Jimmie Johnson's house! Will they start calling it the House of Kasey?

Go number 9!

6. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Only if Kasey wins there 6 more times in three years. It?s still Jimmies house. :cool:

7. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    So, um, if anyone cares, I just spent this weekend catering at the Infinion Raceway...That's about as close to NASCAR as I'll ever get. Oh, and perhaps the DJs could play something besides country music next time. [face_tired]

8. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    So last weekend sealed the deal for me. Tony Stewart is the bully Earnhardt wanted to be. Not only did he totally ignore his own advice back at Daytona when he said "If we don't stop racing like this people are going to get killed" then intentally spin out Matt Kenseth in front of the whole field, he decided to take someone out again and ruin someone else championship chances with it.

I was happy to see Nascar made him sit a lap but IMO he should have sat the whole race. Or maybe even make him miss the brickyard. That's get his attention, no?

Carl Edwards on the other hand is my hero. Inside Nextel Cup played this little except from his radio after he gave Tony a deserved punt.

Crew: "Nascar's gonna hold you a lap here for spinning the 20."

Edwards: "Might as well tell me what the penalty for kicking his butt after the race is, cause I'm gonna do that too."

I feel so sorry for Clint Bowyer who was only trying to get out of Tony's way. I read in the paper that Clint had backed off and was letting Tony by, but for some reason Tony decided to pass him up high and Clint didn't know he was there. Next thing he knew he was spinning into Carl Edwards.

THEN Tony blamed the whole thing on Bowyer in the post-race interview!

*deeeeeep breath**

This whole thing had me a little steamed. If you can't tell I'm not a Tony Stewart fan, never was and never will be.

On the other hand, BRICKYARD next week! [face_dancing]

9. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Haven't see this in a while. Anyone here watch the race today? I was glad to see Burton win.

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Just to let everyone know there is a discussion going on in Comms right now that was started by ApolloSmileGirl on trying to get a sports forum created here. We'd appreciate as much user input as possible. :)

Proposal for Sports Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.